I think I was threatened by a seller on Ebay. Should I report

Sat1600

TLDR:

After a long exchange with a seller she said: 

"You ought to be careful how you address people online who have all your information"

Full exchange:

There was a keyboard piano listed for $40 BIN with best offer. I offered $30 and got declined. Fine. 

Then I saw that the seller relisted as an auction with a starting bid of $30. I bid and after a week I won.

Then we had the following exchange:

Seller:

Sir, My apologies, the item isn't in a working condition, I just tested it. Would you be OK with me refunding now? Again, my apologies. If I get some new in this week I will be sure to contact you first.

Me:

Oh that's too bad. My son was looking forward. Oh well. Yes please refund. Thanks

Seller:

I am really sorry - I wouldn't want you to receive a defective item and then return it. For the inconvenience, I can offer you a 15% off discount on anything you want in my store. I take responsibility for it, am really sorry.

Then I got this message from Ebay:

Hi,

The seller canceled this order due to the following reason: 'Buyer asked to cancel the item(s) in this order.'

They sent a refund to your original payment method.

A few days later I noticed that the piano was relisted. I confronted the seller and we had the following exchange:

Me:

I thought you said that this was broken

Seller:

The one you bidded on is. We had 2. I should get some this week. You are first on my list to call. Don't worry, I am tracking it.

Me:

Then you should not have canceled. You should have shipped this one. My son was very disappointed.

Seller:

Maam I had 2. I scanned both upc for the auction. Yours was defective and I inspect everything before I sell. Its better than receiving and being disappointed. I can either call you when I get it or you may find another online. There are many on ebay.. It happens, it's a liquidation store. I already apologized and refunded. Have a great day.

The this from seller:

The current auction has been removed as defective. Ebay relisted by error. I don't have any pianos now.

So I left negative feedback:

Seller claimed item was defective and canceled. Then relisted. Lied when confronted.

Then seller sent this message:

You are a sad person to leave a negative feedback over a piano you paid $30 for. You are a awful human being for calling me a liar. I hope God rewards you with the hate you spew.

To which I replied:

You lied. Plain and simple. You made up a story about having two of this item. Then when confronted you changed your story to say that it really was defective and ebay relisted in error. This was not a relisted item. It was a new listing.

If you can show me a message from ebay that it was relisted by them in error I will be happy to change the feedback. But we both know that's not what happened.

Ebay only works when people are trustworthy. Buyers should be aware that a seller is willing to lie In order to get a few more dollars for their item.

If I was really spiteful or hateful as you claim then I would contact Ebay and tell them that you canceled without my request. They can check the messages and see that it's true. You would get a defect and have to pay final value fees.

I have no interest in doing that. There is no point. The point of leaving negative feedback is to warn other buyers.

Please change your practices

Good day and God bless

Seller:

You really think I give a flying f what you think? Please call eBay and report. I beg you.

You ought to be careful how you address people online who have all your information - Please step back and go buy your son another piano. ITS REALLY NOT THAT DEEP FOR A $30 PIANO. There are pressing issues in the world right now but you are sitting there whining about a damn piano.

GOODBYE

End exchange

So should take this as a threat? So far the seller only left Feedback (positive because she had no choice) say WORST BUYER EVER. BLOCKED. but I'm bothered by her telling me she has all my info and I should be careful.

Should I just forget about it and let it go?

2 hours ago, Keith W said:

Move on.

There are more important things in life to get stressed about

It would be stupid for OP to not report. That seller needs to be permanently banned and never allowed to sell on eBay ever again.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

YES!!! As a very infrequent seller, you should do it. 

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

You should report them to eBay. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

5 hours ago, Sat1600 said:

There are pressing issues in the world right now but you are sitting there whining about a damn piano.

Ah yes, the good old deflection of "there's more important stuff *in the world* than x"

Report. Just... Report.

Honestly you shouldn't have even engaged them in the first place. You should've simply reported them from the get go and moved on.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

21 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Ah yes, the good old deflection of "there's more important stuff *in the world* than x"

Report. Just... Report.

Honestly you shouldn't have even engaged them in the first place. You should've simply reported them from the get go and moved on.

Obviously the 5-10 minutes they spend reporting an asshole on eBay is a huge waste, and instead they should be finding a cure to COVID or cancer. How DARE you imply that they should be so self-centered! /s

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Thanks for all of your responses. I decided to let it go. She definitely deserves to get reported but I let this get me too upset.

For my own sanity I just decided to buy it new on Amazon for $54 prime shipping and move on. 

7 minutes ago, Sat1600 said:

Thanks for all of your responses. I decided to let it go. She definitely deserves to get reported but I let this get me too upset.

For my own sanity I just decided to buy it new on Amazon for $54 prime shipping and move on. 

No, you really need to report her. eBay will deal with it. Do you part and report her. She does not deserve to stay on that platform.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

18 minutes ago, Sat1600 said:

No, please report.

Otherwise this will happen to other people.

I know how these people work.

elephants

3 hours ago, Sat1600 said:

Personally I think you should have done this to begin with. I don't normally buy Used Electronics to begin with. Aside from Refurbished Notebooks sold by Newegg. And I'm very careful about doing that.

• 2 weeks later...

Report them, but also recognize that you took that conversation a lot farther than you should have.

On 2/28/2021 at 4:06 PM, Sat1600 said:

No, please report them!

Letting it go just encourages them to continue this kind of behavior against other buyers. It just emboldens them to escalate the behavior. If they think they can get away with this, what's next? Maybe outright ripping a buyer off? Maybe getting so mad that they actually share someone's personal information?

Please, please, please report them.