Help! Motherboard came boken!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new to this place.

I recently decided to build my own pc. I ordered all the arts, but the motherboard arrived broken. One of the USB 3.1 connector pins was bent, and was nearly ripped out. I'm not sure how, but it was. The motherboard was a Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 Is there a way to fix it, or should I exchange it for another one?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, RGBoy said:

the motherboard arrived broken. One of the USB 3.1 connector pins was bent, and was nearly ripped out. I'm not sure how, but it was. The motherboard was a Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 Is there a way to fix it, or should I exchange it for another one?

Get an exchange from the store, if your motherboard arrived (partially) broken.

You can try to push the connector pin back in place, but I would highly suggest not doing that, as these tiny pins are prone to breaking which will leave you in a worse spot than where you are now.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, RGBoy said:

I recently decided to build my own pc. I ordered all the arts, but the motherboard arrived broken. One of the USB 3.1 connector pins was bent, and was nearly ripped out. I'm not sure how, but it was. The motherboard was a Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 Is there a way to fix it, or should I exchange it for another one?

Thanks!

i think you should use your warranty. you might be able to solder on another one, but i don't recommend it

3 minutes ago, RGBoy said:

Thanks!

send me a picture

so i can see if its fixable

Main Pc: CPU: ryzen 5 5600x  Motherboard: Msi b450 gaming plus max  RAM: 32gb corsair vengeance ddr4 3200mhz ram  GPU: Nvidia rtx 2070 SUPER 8gb Case:  cooler master td500   PSU: corsair 750watt bronze80+  Cooling: Kraken x53 aio Storagewdblack snd750,3tb wd blue hdd

2nd Pc: CPU: ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3  RAM: 16gb 3000mhz gskill Aegis  GPU: Nvidia gtx 1650super 4gb  Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB311L ARGB Airflow PSU: corsair cx 550watt 80+ bronze Cooling: Vetroo V5 CPU Air Cooler Storage: adata su635 240gb ssd, seagate 750gb 7200rpm hdd

3rd pc CPU: i7 2600 Motherboard: asus H61M-E  RAM: 16 gb ddr3 1333mhz GPU: nvidia gtx 1060 3gb Case: thermaltake versa h18 PSU: evga 450watt 80+ bronze Cooling: Cooler Master I70C (Copper Core) Mini CPU Cooler Storage: crucial mx 500 500gb ssd, wd blue 1tb 7200rpm hdd 

ok. Can't do it now, i'm at school. Ill try to remember to send it later. Thanks

Just now, noodlespinbot said:

i think you should use your warranty. you might be able to solder on another one, but i don't recommend it

I've heard some manufacturers telling customers to use the retailers return/exchange window before using your warranty and RMA. 

I would just simply return it and claim its defective and exchanged out for a new one. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

47 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

I've heard some manufacturers telling customers to use the retailers return/exchange window before using your warranty and RMA. 

I would just simply return it and claim its defective and exchanged out for a new one. 

It's different in the usa than in the Uk and Europe. Here we just go to the store we bought it from for any period of the warranty be it 8 years after buying it if you have a 10 year warranty or 20 days after. You only use the warranty from the company itself if they store you got it from went out of business.

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It's different in the usa than in the Uk and Europe. Here we just go to the store we bought it from for any period of the warranty be it 8 years after buying it if you have a 10 year warranty or 20 days after. You only use the warranty from the company itself if they store you got it from went out of business.

Wow! Wish we had that in the USA. I know some credit card companies "extend" the warranty period but I've never used this at all (usually have to register the product on the page of the warranty w.r.t. the credit card company with proof of purchase). 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"