$10k USD Build Budget HELP

BigRecoiilz

Looking to build a new pc. My budget is $10k and I would love tons of NVME storage. A mobo with a few NVME M.2s would be nice for multiple SSDs. A 30-series card would be nice as well. And that big common Lian Li case is to die for.

2 minutes ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

Looking to build a new pc. My budget is $10k and I would love tons of NVME storage. A mobo with a few NVME M.2s would be nice for multiple SSDs. A 30-series card would be nice as well. And that big common Lian Li case is to die for.

use case? Country?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Are we talking 10k USD?

You removed questions without answering them. Why?

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

3 minutes ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

what use case are we talking about? Because if it’s gaming I’d say your definitely gonna want ti get a balling monitor to take advantage of that price range, maybe a Samsung G9. That Lian Li case is awesome. I’d say if times not a restriction wait for the GPU prices to go down to get a super premium one.

7 minutes ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

My budget is $10k

I mean at 10K I'd go for a 5950X, RTX 3090, 64GB's of RAM, a ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero motherboard and fully custom liquid cooling @TTV BigRecoiilz.

Just now, --SID-- said:

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Budget (including currency): $10,000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming - GTA V, Elder Scrolls, Fortnite

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): One of those 360Hz monitors could be nice but I want a really beasty PC.

Spend 5k and use the other 5k a few years from now on a new CPU and GPU.

You'll be wasting a lot of money if you try to spend all 10k on a PC.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 minutes ago, Downkey said:

use case?

5 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

4 minutes ago, Niswendel said:

what use case are we talking about?

Because @Downkey, @--SID--, @Niswendel maybe he doesn't want to explain that to everybody. Maybe he doesn't need it but CAN afford it and WANT it, or maybe he does need it.

Who cares, the man is spending $10K.

1 minute ago, gal-m said:

I mean at 10K I'd go for a 5950X, RTX 3090, 64GB's of RAM, a ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero motherboard and fully custom liquid cooling @TTV BigRecoiilz.

Lol, I agree but the farthest I want to go with liquid cooling is an AIO for the CPU or a hybrid GPU with the AIO built in but those are kind of old. Didn't have a good experience with a custom loop before.

5 minutes ago, Downkey said:

use case? Country?

New case preferrably. United States

2 minutes ago, Niswendel said:

what use case are we talking about? Because if it’s gaming I’d say your definitely gonna want ti get a balling monitor to take advantage of that price range, maybe a Samsung G9. That Lian Li case is awesome. I’d say if times not a restriction wait for the GPU prices to go down to get a super premium one.

I can expand the budget to avoid the wait for GPU prices and maybe cop one from ebay. Is that possible?

1 minute ago, gal-m said:

I mean ya if your talking about gaming that seems good, especially since visuals seem like a factor, Watercooling is definitely a struggle but awesome. RTX 3090 is king, the 5950 seems good,  I don’t think I’d go intel, and 64 GB is IMO enoughh

1 minute ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

New case preferrably. United States

I was talking about what you were using the pc for, lol

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Budget (including currency): $10,000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming - GTA V, Elder Scrolls, Fortnite

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): One of those 360Hz monitors could be nice but I want a really beasty PC.

The 360hz monitors are only 1080 not 1440 or 4k, they still have 144hz 4k monitors or 265hz 1440p monitors that  might be better since sharpness would be good to see poeples heads in fortnite.

5 minutes ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

could I get an AMD threadripper or is that too overkill?

If you want it. It isn't going to be as good for gaming as the 5950X is. Not yet anyways @TTV BigRecoiilz.

EDIT: HOWEVER, at high resolutions, that won't matter.

I can expand the budget to avoid the wait for GPU prices and maybe cop one from ebay. Is that possible?

Honestly that budgets so big you may not even need to expand to get something off eBay

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

I was talking about what you were using the pc for, lol

Oh. Heavy gaming like GTA V, Elder Scrolls, Watch Dogs 2, and Fortnite. I also have a quad monitor setup so I need processing power for multiple applications while gaming as well.

Nice. But could I get an AMD threadripper or is that too overkill?

Its probably overkill and will perform worse in gaming compared to the Ryzen 5 chips

Nice. But could I get an AMD threadripper or is that too overkill?

Honestly the threadripper might have too low clock speeds for gaming compared to the 5950X

Just now, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

Oh. Heavy gaming like GTA V, Elder Scrolls, Watch Dogs 2, and Fortnite. I also have a quad monitor setup so I need processing power for multiple applications while gaming as well.

threadripper is meant for professionals, I would only recommend it if you are doing extremly heavy video editing (or work like that_)

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Quad monitor??? Bro, thread ripper probably makes sense