$10k USD Build Budget HELP

BigRecoiilz
Just now, aPCdreamer said:

Its probably overkill and will perform worse in gaming compared to the Ryzen 5 chips

Oh. I haven't updated my profile but my secondary pc has an old threadripper but I don't game on it. I just thought it would be good for gaming since it was good for what I was doing on it

Just now, aPCdreamer said:

Quad monitor??? Bro, thread ripper probably makes sense

??? Thats GPU dependent.....

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

threadripper is meant for professionals, I would only recommend it if you are doing extremly heavy video editing (or work like that_)

Oh yes I edit videos for a company that I cannot disclose as of yet. The computers that I use in their office all have threadrippers but I don't know how it would perform with gaming.

1 minute ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

Oh. I haven't updated my profile but my secondary pc has an old threadripper but I don't game on it. I just thought it would be good for gaming since it was good for what I was doing on it

the 5950x will destroy any threadripper in gaming.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

5 minutes ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

Nice. But could I get an AMD threadripper or is that too overkill?

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ttp2fP

CPU: Intel Core i9-10980XE 3 GHz 18-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z73 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($270.19 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming II ATX LGA2066 Motherboard  ($499.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($429.00 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Corsair MP400 4 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($602.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($2000.00) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($2000.00) 
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case  ($242.10 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($400.11 @ Amazon) 
Total: $7047.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-02-12 14:37 EST-0500

Just now, Downkey said:

I mean the amount of applications I will need to have open needs processing power. I have a virtual version of about every physical peripheral that you could think of to keep my setup looking clean as well as a couple other applications too.

1 minute ago, SkittelsScott said:

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming II ATX LGA2066 Motherboard  ($499.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($429.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($400.11 @ Amazon) 

Love this one

2 minutes ago, Downkey said:

sorry, kinda new to this computer thingy

1 minute ago, gal-m said:

yes, i heard that the Corsair fans have good airflow yet quiet as well.

5 minutes ago, gal-m said:

this is what I'd do

Made a mistake with RAM.

Anyways: choose ram with lowest latencies, like 14 since you can afford and highest clock speeds. I meant to choose something like 3600MHz CL14. Or 3800MHz CL16. You get the idea @TTV BigRecoiilz.

Love this one

yeah the i9 10980xe is more of a server cpu but will work for gaming and is probably better for what you are doing than a threadripper.

6 minutes ago, Niswendel said:

Honestly the threadripper might have too low clock speeds for gaming compared to the 5950X

guys imma male the best system ever, does he need monitor aswell and a super overkill keyboard to go with it

3 minutes ago, SkittelsScott said:

Why two GPUs? Two 3090s at that? I don't think I'll be doing anything intent as to where I would need both.

4 minutes ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

i heard that the Corsair fans have good airflow yet quiet as well.

@TTV BigRecoiilz they're not the best actually. Noctua makes the best fans, but they are quite ugly with the beige brown color scheme (not necessarily) and don't have integrated RGB, so...

Just now, SkittelsScott said:

yeah the i9 10980xe is more of a server cpu but will work for gaming and is probably better for what you are doing than a threadripper.

that cpu is the most useless thing for gaming, im pretty sure it doesnt even use comet lake if im mistaken

Just now, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

Why two GPUs? Two 3090s at that? I don't think I'll be doing anything intent as to where I would need both.

you wont itll just be flex or awaste of money

1 minute ago, SkittelsScott said:

Then again, the 5950x exists....

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

4 minutes ago, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

You actually could need both, but SLI in 2021 isn't optimal as the experience really isn't smooth @TTV BigRecoiilz...

+ many games don't support it, so..

Just now, TTV BigRecoiilz said:

ok 2 gpu is over kill and also it is a waste so dont acually do it but everything else about that is mint. you would need to buy case fans also like that other person reccomended 

Just now, FakeFBI said:

guys imma male the best system ever, does he need monitor aswell and a super overkill keyboard to go with it

I have sufficient peripherals right now but I have monitors already. One or two or three 360Hz or high-hertz 4k or 1440p monitors would be nice.

Just now, Downkey said:

Then again, the 5950x exists....

guys the 5950x is go to, stop suggesting such overprice peices of garbage, if he just gonna do gaming he doesnt need the server intense shit, thats what the x and xe's are damn for, they are garage considering price to performance on gaming

I have sufficient peripherals right now but I have monitors already. One or two or three 360Hz or high-hertz 4k or 1440p monitors would be nice.

coming right up for those monitors, i suggest maybe you can like run 4 montiros 2 below and 2 atop, or just 3 on bottom and another like a tv

4 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Then again, the 5950x exists

Agreed @Downkey, however it won't have as many PCI-E lanes, more than dual channel memory, etc.

But for gaming, a 5950X definitely at this budget. Plus considering he's spending $10K, I'd assume upgrading to another 10K machine 4 years down the line isn't going to be an issue @SkittelsScott.