IMPORTANT video idea for Linus about Microsoft

Zom.byte
1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Linux.

Um, no. Windows 10 has MUCH more customization and options compared to Chrome OS.

Yeah I know that's the direction I'm leaning.

And Im talking about Windows 10x not Windows 10. I know Chrome is terrible..

Just now, Zom.byte said:

Yeah I know that's the direction I'm leaning.

And Im talking about Windows 10x not Windows 10. I know Chrome is terrible..

Oops!
I forgot 10X even existed.

I mean, WIndows 10X is basically supposed to be Chrome OS except Windows 10.

elephants

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Oops!
I forgot 10X even existed.

I mean, WIndows 10X is basically supposed to be Chrome OS except Windows 10.

Yeah that's not what I want from a Microsoft OS, Like at all. That's why I'm worried about their OS decisions so much. And why I wanted people to let them know.

Just now, Zom.byte said:

Yeah that's not what I want from a Microsoft OS, Like at all. That's why I'm worried about their OS decisions so much. And why I wanted people to let them know.

The goal of a company is to make money.

And if competing with Chromebooks and Chrome OS will make them money, then they'll make Windows 10X.

elephants

The goal of a company is to make money.

And if competing with Chromebooks and Chrome OS will make them money, then they'll make Windows 10X.

Yeah I know, but maybe if they got some demand for a more customizable OS they might want to make that also.

I don't see 10x and being good for the future of OS's in general. IMO

Just now, Zom.byte said:

Yeah I know, but maybe if they got some demand for a more customizable OS they might want to make that also.

Linux.

Just now, Zom.byte said:

I don't see 10x and being good for the future of OS's in general. IMO

Not everyone needs an OS that can do everything. Most of worldwide computer use is going on the Internet, not playing games.

elephants

21 minutes ago, Zom.byte said:

The point is, I don't want Edge on my computer.

too bad, it's like saying "i dont want file explorer"

I never said they would care, only that he would have a better chance of having someone at Microsoft see it than a random person.

Not sure what kind of pull you think Linus has, but it's certianly not enough to make MS do anything

The ads were coming from Microsoft programs.

doubt, unless you're using a super old version of windows. i've had no ads at all in many years.

Since when can you uninstall updates?

image.png.bd5c8800635bbb664df73798d5b630d8.png

Long time

Its not windows media player, its media player and it cant even play dvd without an extra program installed.

Semantics.

You mean a Codec, it can play DVDs and Burays, but you need a specific Codec to allow it (my turn for semantics). Something that A LOT of people wouldn't need. which therefore would be bloat to everyone else

Im only wanting the options to be able TO REMOVE bloat and programs that we don't want.

The options are already there. They may not be front and center because then people who don't know what they are doing could easily screw up their system.

Why wouldn't you want MORE options and choices in an OS?

Bloat. There's already enough menus and options strewn through every single OS already, why would i need more when i can already accomplish everything i need to in ways that already exist. There is actually a point where too much choice becomes a detriment.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Linux.

Not everyone needs an OS that can do everything. Most of worldwide computer use is going on the Internet, not playing games.

Yeah and eventually, if we let em, those are going to be the ONLY OS's they want to make.

What if they start phasing out Windows 10 in 10 years and only start letting people have support for these lame OS's? That's what I'm afraid of.

I want them to be making a better OS, not a simpler but worse Chrome type OS's.

Just now, Zom.byte said:

Yeah and eventually, if we let em, those are going to be the ONLY OS's they want to make.

No, they won't, because then all gamers and people who use Windows for things other than the Internet everywhere will get really mad and they'll look bad.

Just now, Zom.byte said:

What if they start phasing out Windows 10 in 10 years and only start letting people have support for these lame OS's? That's what I'm afraid of.

They won't. See my sentence above.

Just now, Zom.byte said:

I want them to be making a better OS, not a simpler but worse Chrome type OS's.

They will never release a full new OS. They will just continue updating Windows 10, making it better.

elephants

2 minutes ago, Arika S said:

too bad, it's like saying "i dont want file explorer"

Not sure what kind of pull you think Linus has, but it's certianly not enough to make MS do anything

doubt, unless you're using a super old version of windows. i've had no ads at all in many years.

image.png.bd5c8800635bbb664df73798d5b630d8.png

Long time

Semantics.

You mean a Codec, it can play DVDs and Burays, but you need a specific Codec to allow it (my turn for semantics). Something that A LOT of people wouldn't need. which therefore would be bloat to everyone else

The options are already there. They may not be front and center because then people who don't know what they are doing could easily screw up their system.

Bloat. There's already enough menus and options strewn through every single OS already, why would i need more when i can already accomplish everything i need to in ways that already exist. There is actually a point where too much choice becomes a detriment.

What are you talking about its not the same thing as saying "I dont want file explorer" LMAO. I use the file explorer all the time, you know how often I use Edge? NEVER.

I don't think that Linus has any pull over at Microsoft, just that some people over there might watch some of his videos, ESPECIALLY if they have MICROSOFT in the title. Then said person may look at that and say "Gee! I didn't know they felt that way, or wanting this or that option."

https://www.howtogeek.com/269331/how-to-disable-all-of-windows-10s-built-in-advertising/

There are still some updates that are integrated into the OS that you can't uninstall, like some things that prevent old disc based games from working because it blocks the DRM they use. On Win 7 those updates are uninstallable.

You need a completely separate program to be able to play DVDs, and a program they want you to pay for on the Microsoft store I might add, if you don't just get VLC or something like that..

Having options at the beginning of an OS install to be able to choose less things to install, would NOT give the OS more bloat, it would be less, because you could CHOOSE not to install all the junk you don't want on your machine.

It sounds like you want a simpler to use OS with less customization and options.. not something that you can do more with. I like to be able to customize every aspect of my OS. I don't, want a simple phone OS on my PC.

12 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

No, they won't, because then all gamers and people who use Windows for things other than the Internet everywhere will get really mad and they'll look bad.

Yeah because 10x isn't a step in that direction at all..

2 hours ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Then it's got malware. 10 is NOT supposed to do that.

2 hours ago, Zom.byte said:

Well,Windows 10 is suppose to do that,and actually do malicious things like that.

Candy Crush and Edge are things that Microsoft pushes unto you.

Candy Crush won't be installed but it may appear on the start menu with other adverts,

And every update Edge suddenly becomes the default browser,and if it isn't the default then it starts to annoy you,with no option to delete it.

I personally don't use Windows 10,but i have to deal with it on regular basis when family and friends have problems.

And this issue happens to too many people.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I have hated Windows 10 since day 1,and think that it's the worst OS Microsoft have ever made,even worse than Windows ME.

But as far as i know the community is divided in this matter,a lot of people hate Windows 10,and a lot of people prefer Windows 10.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

30 minutes ago, Vishera said:

And every update Edge suddenly becomes the default browser,and if it isn't the default then it starts to annoy you,with no option to delete it.

No, it doesn't become the default browser after updates, and it also doesn't bother you about not being the default browser. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

5 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

No, it doesn't become the default browser after updates,

That one i will give you the benefit of doubt,

6 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

and it also doesn't bother you about not being the default browser. 

But this one ain't flying:

img_581bc2c307c6f.png

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/how-do-i-get-windows-to-stop-nagging-me-to-use/5486c0b3-b65f-4e98-ba75-34051348cb79

Like a virus:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-desktop-winpc/microsoft-edge-keeps-taking-over-my-computer/1588c377-e710-418b-940b-66a3374c3ed2

If Anti-Virus developers were not selective,Edge would have been classified as a PUP,or an Adware because of the pop-ups.

2 hours ago, Zom.byte said:

What are you talking about its not the same thing as saying "I dont want file explorer" LMAO. I use the file explorer all the time, you know how often I use Edge? NEVER

All your posts are all about YOU. You never stop to consider anyone else, you blindly stare at your own navel. There are a lot of people who do use Edge, plus how would you go and install anything else, if there was no browser included with Windows 10? No, whining about that is just stupid.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

58 minutes ago, Vishera said:

That one i will give you the benefit of doubt,

But this one ain't flying:

Edge's icon hasn't been like that for a good while now.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

15 hours ago, Zom.byte said:

Let em know we don't want a Phone OS on our PCs!!

Actually, that's exactly what I want... Android, especially anything before 5.0 is so painless to use, and literally 'just works' 

And by I, I mean we. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I find these posts laughable and they appear with the frequency of weeds sprouting in a summer garden.  I've been using MSFT OS since the original DOS when we bought our first Compaq PC in 1989.  I've been through every version of windows and have done amateur programming on all the versions starting with MS Basic under DOS and moving through Pascal, C, and now Python.  I find Windows 10 to be pretty much rock solid and one can customize the desktop and task bar to suit one's own preference.  I still maintain one PC in the house on Win 7 and it's for one main purpose, to run MSFT Media Center with a cable card tuner that runs the TV set.  This was one of the best pieces of software MSFT came up with and it was FREE with Win 7.  I only pay Verizon for the cable card and have a PC that works great as a DVR.  This PC is only uised for TV watching and occasional streaming (Netflix, Amazon Prime, ESPN+, etc.)  One thing I have noticed is that there are increasing problems with streaming various on-line services through various browsers.  This is random and appears to be related to Windows 7 in some manner as my main Win 10 work station works fine with all streaming outlets and I can install Win 10 apps for many of these.  I bought an Amazon Firestick to get around the browser incompatibility problem and most all the streaming is via that.

Yes, Win 7 reached EOL and one cannot use any new hardware with it without going through a lot of convolutions when trying to install the OS.  I plan on using the Win 7 PC as long as I still watch television.  At some point the cord will be completely cut and this PC will be repurposed.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10