Userbenchmark.com benchmarking competition

1 minute ago, cm992 said:

I don't think Userbenchmark is flawed so long as you have the common sense to not take the main stat is the be all end all and instead take a more nuanced look at the core count breakdown while keeping in mind that games are optimized differently to take advantage of more cores.

And Userbenchmark actually makes a good point about single core performance and latency being important for gaming, especially at 1080p which almost all gamers play at.

Of course you should look at specific game benchmarks for the most accurate data but for a quick and dirty comparison I don't see the problem with it if you use common sense and keep in mind that the main stat is probably biased too much towards single core and latency performance.

You are 100% wrong.   Almost every major tech publication and channel has shown that Userbenchmark uses a flawed system intentionally created to make Intel chips look far better than they are when compared with equivalent AMD chips.  Some of the more egregious examples actually put i3 processors as superior to high end Ryzen chips.   

They are Intel shills.  Plain and simple.  And more people using their benchmark just helps promote them, which is the opposite of what we should be doing.   The only thing they manipulate more than their results is their SEO, which is why they are always top searches.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

A Userbenchmark competition just isn't fair or fun, it has skewed results(and to be honest a lot of the time(who am I kidding, all the time) is pretty inaccurate), it's been proven numerous times. If this were a 3DMark competition or an in-game benchmark competition I could see it as being fun and more entertaining. A lot of us have been around for awhile in this industry(a lot of people on here even professionally). And most of us that have been, especially those in the IT or Computer Science fields know exactly how UB does their thing. 

While I get what you're trying to do if this "friendly" competition is all you want, there are much better benchmarking and testing tools that are more accurate and to be honest just much more entertaining. And just a heads up you seem to be giving UB a lot of high praise for someone who is in no way endorsing or raving about it. Just saying. This whole thing just screams bait post.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

31 minutes ago, Storm-Chaser said:

The reality of the situation is userbenchmark is one of the most comprehensive benchmark engines available and very accurate. 

People get nervous about userbenchmark because it accurately depicts hardware performance meaning big tech and their hot air balloons tend to get pinched by userbenchmark which can really destroy a marketing campegin designed to get people coming back year after year and upgrading. Big money on the line doesn't want to lose out to the users! lol

I literally don't know what to say after reading this. 😄 

Userbenchmark is not a true benchmark, although it has that in the name. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

8 minutes ago, KWelz said:

You are 100% wrong.   Almost every major tech publication and channel has shown that Userbenchmark uses a flawed system intentionally created to make Intel chips look far better than they are when compared with equivalent AMD chips.  Some of the more egregious examples actually put i3 processors as superior to high end Ryzen chips.   

They are Intel shills.  Plain and simple.  And more people using their benchmark just helps promote them, which is the opposite of what we should be doing.   The only thing they manipulate more than their results is their SEO, which is why they are always top searches.  

But is the criticism against the main stat or the individual core breakdown stats? Can you point me to a piece of info that shows userbenchmark single core results beinge way off in favour of intel when compared to another single core benchmark is done in something like cinebench?

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

to me it seems like you thought UB was a great way to compare Benchmarks.

looking at responses from many other people you seem to bewrong, so i would suggest either reading up on why they aren't a good site to use and if you end up with the same understanding as the people who critique UB then probably mention it here that you did some research and realaized you were wrong, we all make mistakes and sometimes we really belive we're not in the wrong but in the rare event that we are remember to acknowledge it.

that being said UB is pretty bad to use, as i cant find any excuse as to why they would say a Core i3-10300 is better than a 3970x

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Storm-Chaser said:

extensive and comprehensive

1 hour ago, Storm-Chaser said:

(user driven)

Pick one.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

OP, I suggest you read userbenchmark's About page and some of the pages they link from there - it's full of crazy conspiracy theory rants. They believe they are under a coordiniated attack / smear campaign that has gone on for >1 year; but they still don't actually address the issues with their benchmarks that youtubers and others have raised.

(Also their game benchmarks for justifying a given thing are based on mostly Esports games like counter-strike: Go, Fortnite, and Overwatch - if they were a bit more clear perhaps that GPU criteria is based solely on making the best choices for running only e-sports titles, which even midrange GPU's can run at 200+FPS, and is not accurate to be applied to general gaming purposes, maybe I'd respect them a teensy bit, but that genre bias is there too and not addressed.)

50 minutes ago, KWelz said:

They're not even good at shilling for Intel. 

A Core i3 10100 being better than a 10900K. Gimme a break... 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

1 hour ago, SavageNeo said:

Im sorry but i feel like this is a troll post. After wathing all the videos and reading about userbenchmark how can YOU be so ignorant?

Once again, if this guy was legit he would have taken it to PM when I asked multiple times above. Please be nice to him on the way out the door. 

Hardware and Overclocking Enthusiast

So i guess this "competition" is off huh? 😅

R7 5800X3D | XFX Merc 6900 XT Limited Black | 32gb 3200mhz CL16

Remember when UB wasn't a complete joke? Feels like a lifetime ago hahaha.

This really reads like guerilla marketing from UB too, it's the funniest add I've seen in ages

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, Storm-Chaser said:

People get nervous about userbenchmark because it accurately depicts hardware performance meaning big tech and their hot air balloons tend to get pinched by userbenchmark which can really destroy a marketing campegin designed to get people coming back year after year and upgrading. Big money on the line doesn't want to lose out to the users! lol

do you have a source for the claims that

1) it accurately depicts hardware performance 

2) big tech hot air balloons get "pinched" at all by UBM

Like I don't see any reduction in the amount of new tech being sold lately due to UBM. Seems it's selling just fine.

In my opinion, the existence of a "show off my benchmark" site would do exactly the opposite; try and put people down and make them feel like they need to upgrade to keep up with the joneses, not feel like they should stick with the same hardware.

2 hours ago, Storm-Chaser said:

If you don't want to participate, please, don't post. 

As I said, you are welcome to start your own benchmark comp and then I can tell you how flawed your results are if you really want to go down this road.

Mod's I might need a little help keeping this thread clean if they just ignore me and continue bashing userbenchmark.com

The reality of the situation is userbenchmark is one of the most comprehensive benchmark engines available and very accurate. 

I somehow missed this post.  I am not pretty much 100% sure this guy either works for Userbenchmark or has been paid by them to do this.   

I doubt the mods are going to help you out here buddy.   they aren't here to protect you when you get called out for something you are this wrong about.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

16 minutes ago, KWelz said:

I somehow missed this post.  I am not pretty much 100% sure this guy either works for Userbenchmark or has been paid by them to do this.   

I doubt the mods are going to help you out here buddy.   they aren't here to protect you when you get called out for something you are this wrong about.  

LOL I will be forced to bring out the heavy artillery if I have to guys, especially if this tide stays high like this for a long time. We will turn that smile of yours... well you get the idea. You will be disappointed, to say the least.

Funny how not a single one of you have produced a shred of evidence. If you have a scintilla of evidence beyond a youtube video of two propeller heads getting dummy, gullible people brainwashed and talking out of.. lets just say a very dark space. Obviously his partner in crime wasn't getting paid off for bashing that day, that's why when asked the question he gave the exact opposite response to what his co-host was hoping for. That's awkward! Arent they both experts? What gives?

Since we have multiple offenders who refuse to let this rest and expose the fraud that means to destroy user benchmark because it comprises their marketing strategies. So buckle up fellas.

He didn't actually put his foot in his mouth, but you are right it was very close. Egg on face? no, he has enough of that in the breakfast sandwich. 

So you call me a troll, LOL, yet you are the one who refuses to follow the rules? I politely asked you not to post at all. If you want to push through the idle to cut left and blast through the beer cave to get out of there, more power to you!

39 minutes ago, Crast said:

do you have a source for the claims that

1) it accurately depicts hardware performance 

2) big tech hot air balloons get "pinched" at all by UBM

Like I don't see any reduction in the amount of new tech being sold lately due to UBM. Seems it's selling just fine.

In my opinion, the existence of a "show off my benchmark" site would do exactly the opposite; try and put people down and make them feel like they need to upgrade to keep up with the joneses, not feel like they should stick with the same hardware.

38 minutes ago, KWelz said:

I know this guy is likely not linked to UB, he really just wants to be the center of some benchmarking thread, trying it not so long ago with a cpu-z “challenge”. He just doesn’t deal well with critisicism and gets quite defensive quite quickly and ends up where things end up.

32 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I know this guy is likely not linked to UB, he really just wants to be the center of some benchmarking thread, trying it not so long ago with a cpu-z “challenge”. He just doesn’t deal well with critisicism and gets quite defensive quite quickly and ends up where things end up.

Yes, I couldnt agree more. I want to be the center of some benchmarking thread. Shocking, I know.

Okay Fellas

Lets kick this off:

Please can we leave the questions to PM...

Many thanks, to the moderators included.

Here I will start with my 9600KF rig which runs about 5.0GHz daily driver mode...

MSI MEG Z390 ACE (MS-7B12) Performance Results - UserBenchmark

image.png

image.thumb.png.481940a5dee715ffa66d12301e83a664.png

34 minutes ago, Storm-Chaser said:

LOL I will be forced to bring out the heavy artillery if I have to guys, especially if this tide stays high like this for a long time. We will turn that smile of yours... well you get the idea. You will be disappointed, to say the least.

Funny how not a single one of you have produced a shred of evidence. If you have a scintilla of evidence beyond a youtube video of two propeller heads getting dummy, gullible people brainwashed and talking out of.. lets just say a very dark space. Obviously his partner in crime wasn't getting paid off for bashing that day, that's why when asked the question he gave the exact opposite response to what his co-host was hoping for. That's awkward! Arent they both experts? What gives?

Since we have multiple offenders who refuse to let this rest and expose the fraud that means to destroy user benchmark because it comprises their marketing strategies. So buckle up fellas.

He didn't actually put his foot in his mouth, but you are right it was very close. Egg on face? no, he has enough of that in the breakfast sandwich. 

So you call me a troll, LOL, yet you are the one who refuses to follow the rules? I politely asked you not to post at all. If you want to push through the idle to cut left and blast through the beer cave to get out of there, more power to you!

You are digging your hole deeper and deeper.   

It is kind of amusing.   Every post makes it sound more and more like you actually work for them.  "Expose the fraud"?  That is some great spin.  And of course now you are accusing any source that doesn't agree with you of getting paid for their opinions.   

So you have shifted from a supposedly innocuous benchmarking competition to defending UB and trying to slander anyone who has pointed out their problems.  It makes your motivations all the more suspect.  

So yes.  At this point you are just Trolling.   Perhaps as a paid shill.  Perhaps as just another 12 year old who thinks they know a lot when in reality they don't.  It doesn't really matter either way to me.  Userbenchmark has been exposed time and again for their intentional manipulation of data to push their own agenda.  It is why both the r/intel and r/AMD banned them from posting.   It is why almost every major tech youtuber has called them out.  Not to mention most major Tech publications.  

2 minutes ago, Storm-Chaser said:

Okay Fellas

Lets kick this off:

Please can we leave the questions to PM...

Many thanks, to the moderators included.

Here I will start with my 9600KF rig which runs about 5.0GHz daily driver mode...

MSI MEG Z390 ACE (MS-7B12) Performance Results - UserBenchmark

image.png

image.thumb.png.481940a5dee715ffa66d12301e83a664.png

How about no  😄   

16 minutes ago, Storm-Chaser said:

Yes, I couldnt agree more. I want to be the center of some benchmarking thread. Shocking, I know.

It's obvious to me that the CPU-z thread was much better received than this one, what happened to the other thread? Why not just go back to a benchmarking app that is a bit less controversial?

Thread locked.

While this has been an interesting discussion about Userbenchmark, a benchmarking contest it is not.

• No trolling or flame-bait.
    • This includes topics such as AMD vs NVIDIA, "company X sucks", and religious debates

Having a competition encouraging AMD and Intel users compete against each other isn't really a good idea, and will only end in flame wars between fanboys of either brand - especially when you are basing the competition on a benchmarking tool that is perceived as being heavily biased towards one brand.

Telling people to stop replying to a thread because you don't like what they're saying won't work. If people feel that the rules of the competition are unfair then they are welcome to discuss that, and trying to silence people from talking about it won't make those concerns go away.

Considering how this thread and your previous benchmarking thread went, it should be obvious that the community here isn't interested in participating in your benchmarking contests. Perhaps you will have more success with this in another community.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450