What are Some of Your Collecting Holy Grails?

PlayStation 2

Just as the title says, what's something that'd be a holy grail for your collection of... anything, really, be it games, movies, watches, cars, computer parts, whatever the hell you collect.

For me, I have a few game holy grails:

• NTSC-J Xbox release of SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - This got a very limited Southeast Asian release on the Xbox and I would absolutely lose it if I ever found a copy in the wild.
  • Any genuinely rare Gran Turismo demo - not things like the KB Toys GT1 demo, the Pizza Hut GT2 demo or the First Preview GT4 demo, but things far rarer than that.
  • Japanese version of The Orange Box - be it Xbox 360, PS3 or even PC, I really want one of these. I've seen a Southeast Asian copy LOCALLY before, but I just didn't want to drop the money for it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

As a collector of radio control cars:

The original Tamiya Bruiser

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

dogma, a libertiy nickel from 1895, mercury dime I can't remember the year but I remember it's older and very expensive. and a very, very large quartz crystal .

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

In a general order which is mostly flexible to allow for other impulse purchases and one particular console which would be near impossible to find, this would be the console holy grails:

• 2 Xbox 360 Jaspers in mint condition, one with an older version of the NXE dashboard (anything pre-Kinect update, honestly) and then a second which is up to date
  • A Canadian Halo 2 OG Xbox in very good/mint condition to replace my clapped normie 1.4
  • Halo 3 360
  • Reach 360
  • Xbox 360 Premium with Blades
  • XBL 10th Anniversary 360 (might actually bust a fat nut for one of these)
  • Halo SEs, Crystal, Skeleton, and Mountain Dew OG Xboxes
  • MW2/MW3 360s
  • RE5 360

As for tech nonsense in absolutely no order minus the first two:

• Clean EVGA GTX 580 3GB's in non-classy form
  • Generally more GTX 480/580's, a 590, and engineering samples would be an added bonus
  • VooDoo 5
  • HD 3650 AGP of some kind

And then just car holy grails:

• 2007-2011 Medium Titanium metallic or white Crown Vic P71 that's as close to rust-free as possible and in generally good shape to do a light build on (mainly just OEM 18x8.5 charcoal/machined Mustang mags, a pushbar, tune/trans tune, and exhaust, maybe a blower)
  • 2003 Mustang GT (again as close to perfect as possible) Sonic Blue, Redfire, or Dark Shadow Gray (automatic for reasons, some kind of rim, exhaust, and a blower, not to mention various other cosmetics to do a glorified Termi clone
  • For sentimental reasons, a white 1995 LeSabre Custom, a 1988 Park Avenue in I think either Ruby Red or Garnet Red (both as nice as possible, whodathunk it)
  • And finally, a nice 2004 LeSabre Limited Celebration Edition in Crimson Pearl to do hoodrat shit in aka slap a mofuggin built 4T65-E in and top it off with a blower

I don't have a problem. You're the one with a problem. I totally don't loosen my definition of holy grail to hoard collect more shit. Good thing I have absolutely no money.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Special edition hardcovers of everything Brandon Sanderson has written/will write

Holy grail ITX stuff:

X99e-itx/6950x

X299e-itx/18 core thingmy 

An EPC621D4I-2M/W-3175X would be the crown jewel of grail ITX madness at the moment, although the fat-dtx board for epyc is also nuts

Lonecase L4

S5m (early prototype for what eventually became the current s4 mini, only three were made- one is privately owned, one is somewhere in sapphires holding and the third fell into the ocean right after being manufactured)

1080 ti mini - first and so far only flagship gpu to be so small

EVGA 3060 Ti XC - most powerful gpu per litre ever sold 

Vega 64 nano - literally only one is confirmed to exist, was gifted to an Indian media mogul by AMD directly

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I don't collect too much but I do have a few tapes lol

mmm that was funny that you got me into that or that it rubbed off on me kek

I'll list quantities of the series or titles I have since I know my collection is far far smaller than yours lol

Veggietales x7

Scooby Doo x4

How The Grinch Stole Christmas Live Action (Jim Carrey) x2

How The Grinch Stole Christmas Original Animated x1
Forest Gump x1

The Adventures Milo and Otis x1

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

38 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

I don't collect too much but I do have a few tapes lol

mmm that was funny that you got me into that or that it rubbed off on me kek

I'll list quantities of the series or titles I have since I know my collection is far far smaller than yours lol

Veggietales x7

Scooby Doo x4

How The Grinch Stole Christmas Live Action (Jim Carrey) x2

How The Grinch Stole Christmas Original Animated x1
Forest Gump x1

The Adventures Milo and Otis x1

It's a bit sad that my own VeggieTales tape collection is larger than your entire tape collection lmao.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

There are some Pokemon cards that come to mind, but I don't have one specific card in mind as a holy grail.

A set of all the Gold Star cards would be the first that comes to mind.

In the Pokemon, since the second generation we've had shiny Pokemon. These are Pokemon that have a 1/8192 chance of appearing, with the distinting part of them is their different color scheme compared to their normal counterpart.

These shiny Pokemon have also appeared  in the trading card game, in different variations. During the third generation of Pokemon games, these TCG counterparts were called "Gold star" cards, due to the distinct symbol appearing after their name.

Over the years in the third generation of Pokemon, there were a total of 27 Gold Star Pokemon cards, spread over a couple of the different sets.

These cards are some of the rarest Pokemon cards, partially due to their rarity in the sets and because of the fact they are so sought after in the community (partially because it seems like some of the most fan-favorite Pokemon appeared on these cards).

The only card I have at the moment, is the Mew card from Dragon Frontiers. Even in the terrible condition of the card, this card would still fetch around 120 USD on the used market (keeping in mind its condition, since a better condition card can certainly fetch a couple hundred USD).

Some of these Gold Star cards are very valuable though. In particular the Umbreon and Espeon cards, which were released in certain special sets, which didn't appear in a regular retail facilities, which made these packs very difficult to get.

The Umbreon and Espeon card go for about 1800 - 2000 USD a piece.

Charizard is even more expensive, at 3000 USD.

(prices are from Troll and Toad by the way).

This makes it a true holy grail, as in something I don't see myself obtaining in the near future.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I have a rare launch model PS3:

4 USB ports

SD card reader

Compact Flash

Emotion Engine for full backwards compatibility

1TB hard drive (I upgraded it)

Custom firmware - I can side load homebrews,change the fan speed and even create a fan profile,

there is native support for Linux,this capability wasn't difficult to restore,

I can also install mods in games,it's a one in a kind console.

You won't find a console that can do all of those.

Another item i really like is my Crucial Ballistix Sport AT TUF Limited Edition RAM kit.

A limited edition RAM kit 🙂

It looks gorgeous too:

crucial-ballistix-sport-at-16gb-2x8gb-32

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

The limited edition (666 copies pressed) of Cyclone's "Inferior to None" CD.

Took forever to find it (this was in the days when CDs were a new concept) 

Shame the music is nowhere on par with their first release "Brutal Destruction"

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.