Will the x370 get a new bios

It depends, are you look to switch to ryzen 5000? If so no, they drop support for the x300s for ryzen 5000

7 hours ago, grayestcloth34 said:

It depends, are you look to switch to ryzen 5000? If so no, they drop support for the x300s for ryzen 5000

They also "dropped support" for 1000/2000 series ryzen on B550 (and X570), but many boards work fine with those chips. Similarly, many board vendors ported ryzen 3000 support to A320, despite that being "not supported" either.

Its basically down to the motherboard vendor at this point, if they produce a bios with a suitable AGESA version for 5000 series, it'll work. Some folks have already posted screenshots of 300 series boards running ryzen 5000 with modified bios.

2 hours ago, Aragorn- said:

They also "dropped support" for 1000/2000 series ryzen on B550 (and X570), but many boards work fine with those chips. Similarly, many board vendors ported ryzen 3000 support to A320, despite that being "not supported" either.

Its basically down to the motherboard vendor at this point, if they produce a bios with a suitable AGESA version for 5000 series, it'll work. Some folks have already posted screenshots of 300 series boards running ryzen 5000 with modified bios.

And to respond  you and the others yeah well i will stick to that combo until am5 comes out i guess and i only need to look for a gpu to replace the 1060 6gb the way things look right now are pretty grim ill get the chance to buy a new gpu...?  nvidia series 3000 or amd rx 6000 series and i got another system to test some of the new features if i were to buy into the series 5000 cpu b450m and the new bios let me use  those new cpu and  resize bar support on amd and nvidia new cards!

On 1/23/2021 at 10:15 PM, Brass_01 said:

Just wondering if this is the end of the road for the major bios updates on c6h board?

I am on the same boat as you. I have a X370 Crosshair Extreme, pretty much the same board as yours and I am 99% certain it is not getting further BIOS updates anymore. I have a B450 board in wife's computer. That board already received BIOS updates for Ryzen 5000 support, as well as addressing other minor issues. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

options may always appear... for instance on the Asrock boards someone figured you could flash the bios of the B450 board onto the B350 equivalent and it works:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/k1393v/i_got_ryzen_5600x_working_on_my_asrock_b350_mobo/

I guess if you need to upgrade now, then you probably need to buy a new board. If you might want to upgrade in 6 months or a year down the line, then just see what the situation is at that time. Perhaps someone figures out a solution like above, or perhaps someone manages to customise the bios file etc.

17 hours ago, Aragorn- said:

options may always appear... for instance on the Asrock boards someone figured you could flash the bios of the B450 board onto the B350 equivalent and it works:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/k1393v/i_got_ryzen_5600x_working_on_my_asrock_b350_mobo/

I guess if you need to upgrade now, then you probably need to buy a new board. If you might want to upgrade in 6 months or a year down the line, then just see what the situation is at that time. Perhaps someone figures out a solution like above, or perhaps someone manages to customise the bios file etc.

To you and others yeah that's about it never know what might happen in the custom space right but ill probably keep it and build a new one or like i said those crazy  modders may find a loophole lol if i really need something to test whit out breaking my x370 c6h i got that custom liquid cooling loop to consider when taking my pc apart to upgrade so i got the b450m on amd sides of things for now and the new bios support the new buzzwords of this modern gpu era minus stocks still missing lol for it i can't test those right now lol bummer... lol