How to update NVMe Firmware?

Od1sseas
44 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Anything wrong with the SSD ? if not leave it as it is.

Wow you're so helpful

3 hours ago, Od1sseas said:

I have an SX8200 Pro 1TB and installed Adata SSD ToolBox but when i click Firmware Update it just opens this website XPG_Products_XTREME PERFORMANCE GEAR

If you would have bothered following the link and then selecting downloads you would have seen they offer you various tools for the drives... my guess is the ssd toolbox was what you needed. Though as already said, if you are not having an issue there is little reason to upgrade.
image.thumb.png.8acf1e525d222833a9d620484aec40b5.png

Although I agree with the general sentiment that "if it ain't broke don't fix it," sometimes manufacturers will release firmware updates to fix bugs that could involve wear leveling (which are bugs that most users won't be able to detect without basically resorting to reverse engineering the SSD).  However, as detailed in a WAN show not too long ago, Adata is a company known to swap out the NAND flash, controller, and DRAM on an SSD without explicitly making the consumer aware of the change.  Which means that there's a much higher chance of you bricking your SSD without you realizing it if you download the wrong firmware even if it may be for the (seemingly) "same" product.

Your best bet is to directly contact the manufacturer with every single piece of info about your SSD (yes, that'll also include the exact model and revision number), and make 300% sure that there is indeed a critical update for your firmware (i.e. a firmware which doesn't just solve issues in very edge cases).  If the manufacture says that your firmware is indeed up to date, then please don't further attempt to update your firmware unless you want your SSD to turn into a paperweight.

Also like the others said please be respectful; there are moderators on this forum you know.

Thread cleaned and locked. And moved to Storage Devices.

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450