Radiator placement question

xxx68

Hello guys, i am not sure where to place radiator from CPU aio i can place it on front bottom as in picture or on the front top. What Is better option? 

IMG_20210122_154736.jpg

5 minutes ago, xxx68 said:

Hello guys, i am not sure where to place radiator from CPU aio i can place it on front bottom as in picture or on the front top. What Is better option? 

Front-Top.

The pump is located in the CPU cold plate, which is the highest point in the loop when the radiator is at the front-bottom. Air will always move to the highest point in a liquid container, whether it be a water bottle, piping system in a house, or n AIO. This means any air in the loop will be in the pump, which is bad for a water pump since it uses the fluid itself for things like lubrication which is importnat to keep the pump lasting a long time. 

By placing the radiator at the Front-Top, you move the "highest point" to the radiator instead, ensuring the pump always is moving water, not air. For less noise, position the tubes coming off the radiator on the bottom side. (This portion is less important but some people will yell this because they think it's the ONLY way to put it else "you're doing it wrong")

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

radiator higher than the pump which is located in the CPU block.

or it will run dry and melt like chocolate that I can eat for later.

12 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Front-Top.

The pump is located in the CPU cold plate, which is the highest point in the loop when the radiator is at the front-bottom. Air will always move to the highest point in a liquid container, whether it be a water bottle, piping system in a house, or n AIO. This means any air in the loop will be in the pump, which is bad for a water pump since it uses the fluid itself for things like lubrication which is importnat to keep the pump lasting a long time. 

By placing the radiator at the Front-Top, you move the "highest point" to the radiator instead, ensuring the pump always is moving water, not air. For less noise, position the tubes coming off the radiator on the bottom side. (This portion is less important but some people will yell this because they think it's the ONLY way to put it else "you're doing it wrong")

Thanks a lot so just to be sure. Do I have it positioned properly now ? Thx

IMG_20210122_161428.jpg

23 minutes ago, xxx68 said:

Thanks a lot so just to be sure. Do I have it positioned properly now ? Thx

Yep, that's totally fine!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25