XBOX ONE: Microsoft 'fully expects' increase in 1080p output

sof006

"The hardware is basically baked, and what comes next is people discovering better software techniques to take advantage of it, especially in the ordering of the data so it flows through all the caches correctly, and I think there's a lot of opportunity there," Multerer explained.

"Once these engines - the engine developers like Frostbyte and those guys - they really wrap their heads around this particular GPU architecture, then all of the titles coming out of that studio will take advantage of it and get better," he added.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a558838/xbox-one-microsoft-fully-expects-increase-in-1080p-output.html#ixzz2wWzkyHnc 

If thats the case then what will the PS4 be capable of in the future?

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

dont care, rather have 720p with medium-high settings then shitty 1080p...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

that's right Microsoft, you didnt put in low grade hardware, the developers just arent developing to your liking. real smooth.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Nothing "bad" about 1080p

You might want to be careful what language is used as this is family friendly community.

System Specs:

Agreed though I'd rather have a PC and have 1080p and high to ultra settings :)

PC's baby :D

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Nothing "bad" about 1080p

You might want to be careful what language is used as this is family friendly community.

just curious, what did i say that may have offended someone? i just said what i thought

i didnt say 1080p is bad, there just isnt a point in having 1080 with bad AA and lighting....

id just rather have 720p with some AA and a smoother experience

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Agreed though I'd rather have a PC and have 1080p and high to ultra settings :)

PC's baby :D

for real, whats wrong with you, pfff a pc who the hell buys that, what youre gonna pay for that? 2500£? lol id rather have my 1080p and bit be 300£ come at me brah

average console fanboy speaking here :D

thats a nobrainer ofcourse :D ultra all the way

just curious, what did i say that may have offended someone? i just said what i thought

i didnt say 1080p is bad, there just isnt a point in having 1080 with bad AA and lighting....

id just rather have 720p with some AA and a smoother experience

Nothing particularly although people might not appreciate the word "sh***y"

System Specs:

yeah k

its gonna look like Sega genesis at that resolution

everything will be turned down

they sacrificed gpu size for the sake of on die ram

are they idiots do they really think that will be better than a larger GPU

/facepalm

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

1080p? Come on, Microsoft, you're a tech giant, where's the 1440p?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

1080p is so 2005.

It's all about le 4k

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

1080p? Come on, Microsoft, you're a tech giant, where's the 1440p?

consoles are dead.. even those "next-gen", dead at launch.. so weak so pathetic

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Saw this earlier today, my take is that they're probably referring to indie titles on xbox live to claim they have 1080p 60fps games on the system, you know the kinda games a PC could drive at 4k video already?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Poor xbox struggling to keep up with current gen  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

720p with AA is better than 1080p without AA. Games look crappy without AA. 

Anyways build yourself a PC for $500 and run games at 1080p Medium with AA. Run older titles on High-Ultra (except for Crysis series)

Consoles games look better at the end of their life-cycle when developers have mastered the technology and have figured out the tricks. Look at how amazing Uncharted 3 looks. But the point is that a next gen console should be able to play 1080p out of the door,.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

Consoles games look better at the end of their life-cycle when developers have mastered the technology and have figured out the tricks. Look at how amazing Uncharted 3 looks. But the point is that a next gen console should be able to play 1080p out of the door,.

uncharted 3, ya it looks good. but the last of us!!!!!!! good god that game looked amazing!!!!

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

"The hardware is basically baked, and what comes next is people discovering better software techniques to take advantage of it, especially in the ordering of the data so it flows through all the caches correctly, and I think there's a lot of opportunity there," Multerer explained.

"Once these engines - the engine developers like Frostbyte and those guys - they really wrap their heads around this particular GPU architecture, then all of the titles coming out of that studio will take advantage of it and get better," he added.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a558838/xbox-one-microsoft-fully-expects-increase-in-1080p-output.html#ixzz2wWzkyHnc 

If thats the case then what will the PS4 be capable of in the future?

MS is just laughable at this point. They twist things around so bad I don't know who takes any thing they say at face value. They say the GPU is custom. It's not. It is SEMI-CUSTOM. AMD's official website tells you this. It it between a 7790 and a 7770 on a 150 mhz underclock with a ram solution worse then just having GDDR5. It is the same die and family as the PS4 GPU.

It puts out 1.31 TFLOPS before the Kinect even takes it's cut. 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7528/the-xbox-one-mini-review-hardware-analysis/2

It is a 1.7ghz AMD MOBILE PC that sucks clock for clock vs a desktop AMD,  with a AMD 7770 in it and the ESRAM/DDR3 is weaker then DDR3/GDDR5 for VRAM.  That will be what it performs like when low level API's like DirectX12 and OpenGL hit the PC. 

The PS4 is damn near the same thing with a slightly better GPU then a desktop 7790 (1.84 TFLOPS) and a better ram solution and even it is a bad buy considering PC's are getting low level API's Also the idea that the hardware vendors themselves, AMD, Nvidia, Intel AKA the Kronos group who make OpenGL will be left behind DirectX 12 is simply insane.

1080p with a 1.31 TFLOP card is going to look like ass. 1080p on the Frosbite engine on that GPU is going to look like ass squared. MS knows the new frostbite games coming out minus Battlefront are SINGLE PLAYER. Of course they can put out a higher res then they could on BF4. The problem? It will look like crap and prob have frame rate issues. 

I have to hand it to MS propaganda teams though. People actually believe a lot of this crap. Either that or they have 10,000 astroturfers on sites like IGN. These consoles will both be HORRIBLE in a year or two, but the Xbox One is just laughable from a hardware standpoint. At least the PS4 has twice the theoretical system bandwidth to keep it "ok" on newer game engines. Not that I would ever pay 400 bucks for a 1.7ghz AMD cpu and a 7790 lol. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

i find it sad that these "Next gen" consoles have trouble running at 1080p.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

The dev kits are a complete mess, kinect = resource hog, tv services = resource hog 

with no mention about anti aliasing. gg 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

riiiiiiight. having trouble with 1080p and the console was advertised as having support for 4k.

For 4k pictures maybe but even that is pushing it.

The dev kits are a complete mess, kinect = resource hog, tv services = resource hog 

You are buying into PR silliness. The Kinect is going from 8-10 percent to like 2. That is subtracted from 1.31. TFLOPS. It isn't that much. Even if you could drop the kinect completely you are still going to be at 1.31 TFLOPS vs 1.84 on the PS4. 

Basically MS screwed the pooch on hardware. 

ESRAM is no different then EDRAM was on the Xbox 360. They know how to use it. MS is just claiming they are inept instead of their machine having bad hardware. When a company is saying they have no idea what they are doing and DirectX is at fault which is the entire reason "X" box exists (Direct "X") they are desperate to sell you BS. They were not inept they just wanted a Kinect and a boatload of money from  targeted advertising and possibly head counts on movie rentals etc.

This is the kind of stuff they were picturing with kinect.

http://kotaku.com/xbox-ones-top-marketer-brags-to-advertisers-about-kine-1441807229

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/03/07/microsoft-is-using-your-data-to-target-political-ads-on-xbox-live/

They could still get this to work. They could say something like..."if you opt in to kinect always on you can get digital sales and steam like prices on games." 

The fact is ESRAM could have been ok if there was more of it, but they have SMALL 32MB ESRAM combined  with 8 GB of slow DDR3 that blows as VRAM. It is just too small and the GPU too weak. It is far worse on bandwidth and getting the information to the GPU and when it gets there the GPU is more then 1/3rd slower and that is IF they drop the Kinect completely from the SDK.

If anything? The performance will probably get WORSE vs PS4 in the future on better game engines, not better. The bandwidth is already having MAJOR issues vs PC games. Keep in mind this is supposed to be the killer ap and system seller. So MS is saying they are so inept they couldn't make this game run right and that DirectX and the SDK are at fault? 

Look at the Respawn forums.

Lengthy thread about framerate issues.
Screen Tearing.
Another thread.

Some quotes from Xbox owners.
"I'm so disappointed with how the X1 version turned out. I keep trying to go back and play but the frame rate spikes and screen tearing are so painful that I get a headache and nausea after about 30 minutes. Not to mention that the whole game looks like its made out of jello half the time. I can't believe how much f@#$%%^^& money I wasted on this console."
"I thought it was just my X1 and/or monitor. I tried all kinds of video settings on my X1 to get it to look and run as smooth as the game at the MS store".
"I have a funny feeling that they actually were using hidden PC's to run the game, but pretended that it was running right from the X1 at the midnight release I went to. :-/" 
"Yup. Selling my X1. I feel disgraced and ashamed for giving this box so many chances and so much of my money."

The game in action.

i1S2NDI5sWkgH.gif

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.