Star Citizen Lifetime insurance

A/C

So I've been reading up on LTI in star citizen a bit, and some things just aren't clear to me somehow.

Like is there a way to obtain LTI if you backed recently, after 6. july 2013. or whenever it finished. I know there is a way to extend your insurance for an ingame fee, but I wanna know if you can have the same status as week 1 backers.

Also, off topic but, is there a way we can get the testpilot suits? They look much better than the standard ones IMHO :)

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

you must have bought a ship with LTI. if your ship does not say LTI after the title then it does not come with LTI. there is no other way to obtain LTI. the only way to get LTI is to go through a third party and trade a guy some money/ship for a ship you want with LTI (sketchy).

as of right now the only suites available is the red and white one and the brown leathery one. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

So I've been reading up on LTI in star citizen a bit, and some things just aren't clear to me somehow.

Like is there a way to obtain LTI if you backed recently, after 6. july 2013. or whenever it finished. I know there is a way to extend your insurance for an ingame fee, but I wanna know if you can have the same status as week 1 backers.

Also, off topic but, is there a way we can get the testpilot suits? They look much better than the standard ones IMHO :)

Suits on your character? They stated that they want to implement a modding feature where you can design your own and wear them in game... Kind of like how the SIMS works, I imagine. Though when you say test pilot suit I think of Asuka in the Eva movies... Anyways.

But, yeah. As stated above, there's no way to get LTI on a ship purchased recently. And it won't be coming back. The only way to purchase it through RSI and receive LTI is to do as CatCloud stated and get a multi-ship package.

You could always go purchase through Reddit Star Citizen Trading Post though. The prices are ridiculous, I'm sure it's frowned upon by the community of RSI, but they do have many LTI ships. Your premium is around 50 to 75% upcharge on all ships. Some like the Scythe have an upcharge of 10x the original value. Making it a $1200 to $2000 ship. Many people in the fleet have purchased through them. Just be sure you do it through a legit middleman if you want to go there. I'm not condoning it or suggesting it, but if you want LTI that's the only place at this point unless you spend the multi-ship package amount.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Suits on your character? They stated that they want to implement a modding feature where you can design your own and wear them in game... Kind of like how the SIMS works, I imagine. Though when you say test pilot suit I think of Asuka in the Eva movies... Anyways.

But, yeah. As stated above, there's no way to get LTI on a ship purchased recently. And it won't be coming back. The only way to purchase it through RSI and receive LTI is to do as CatCloud stated and get a multi-ship package.

You could always go purchase through Reddit Star Citizen Trading Post though. The prices are ridiculous, I'm sure it's frowned upon by the community of RSI, but they do have many LTI ships. Your premium is around 50 to 75% upcharge on all ships. Some like the Scythe have an upcharge of 10x the original value. Making it a $1200 to $2000 ship. Many people in the fleet have purchased through them. Just be sure you do it through a legit middleman if you want to go there. I'm not condoning it or suggesting it, but if you want LTI that's the only place at this point unless you spend the multi-ship package amount.

Honestly your just better off buying that 2700 $ Multi ship package then going to reddit! plus you support RSI that way instead of feeding greedy asshats.

Honestly your just better off buying that 2700 $ Multi ship package then going to reddit! plus you support RSI that way instead of feeding greedy asshats.

Absolutely. If you can support them, support them. Maybe LTI will be given away during Cloud Imperium... Giveaways, lol, but insurance has been claimed to be cheap. Message I received from RSI support when I asked about my missing UEC stated that the starting money you get with any package is enough to pay for fuel, insurance and munitions for the first few missions. And some ships are only getting 2000 UEC now. I'm sure it'll be easy to replenish. Just do a couple NPC missions and you'll likely be good for a month.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

I was thinking about this Class I thingy, only a test pilot version. It's supposed to be a early pledger reward or smthng.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Before you rush in and buy the 270 dollar package, be aware that LTI is largely symbolical. Paying hull insurance the normal way through in-game means is described as insignificant all the way up to Constellation or even Starfarer sized ships. The insurance that is really going to set you back noticeably is upgrade insurance, something you do not get with LTI. LTI only covers the hull and the bottom-rung default equipment you get with pledge ships. Upgrading one ship is going to take a lot more effort than earning that ship with default equipment in the first place, and the insurance will reflect that cost.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Before you rush in and buy the 270 dollar package, be aware that LTI is largely symbolical. Paying hull insurance the normal way through in-game means is described as insignificant all the way up to Constellation or even Starfarer sized ships. The insurance that is really going to set you back noticeably is upgrade insurance, something you do not get with LTI. LTI only covers the hull and the bottom-rung default equipment you get with pledge ships. Upgrading one ship is going to take a lot more effort than earning that ship with default equipment in the first place, and the insurance will reflect that cost.

Hehe, I have no intention of buying anything else than my Aurora. I intend to play and enjoy the game to its fullest earning everything along the way. I know that we can buy insurance wit in-game currency, but what they hadn't told us is how much "insignificant" is. And I don't like subscribcion in games no matter what in what form. That's what bothers me. That I have to pay constantly and I don't know how much. It could make of break a game.

Hehe, I have no intention of buying anything else than my Aurora. I intend to play and enjoy the game to its fullest earning everything along the way. I know that we can buy insurance wit in-game currency, but what they hadn't told us is how much "insignificant" is. And I don't like subscribcion in games no matter what in what form. That's what bothers me. That I have to pay constantly and I don't know how much. It could make of break a game.

Ah yeah I understand, you don't have to worry though as they've said insurance cost will reflect how much you play. It's not as if you're offline for 2 months and you log in and have to pay 8 weeks of insurance :P

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Ah yeah I understand, you don't have to worry though as they've said insurance cost will reflect how much you play. It's not as if you're offline for 2 months and you log in and have to pay 8 weeks of insurance :P

I guess, CIG seems like a good company that's fair and knows what its doing. I kinda trust them more than I trust other companies, sorta like Valve, but over the years I learned to be a bit skeptical with things like these. :)