Unlocked Pentium 20th Anniversary Edition, 8 Core i7 Extreme, and TIM-Fixed Pre-Broadwell i7

keoghjacob

the fx 8 cores are 4 cores with 2 cores in each core (i think)

Wait I just realized Intels Xeon 6 and 12 cores. (Did they have 8 core)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Unlocked Pentium? Sweet, hopefully we some some crazy OCing on it :D

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Not interested until we get benchmarks and we get a price point.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

first 8-core desktop processor my ass, amd 8350.

False, it was the 8150. 

I budget build well. Want to learn? PM me if you want advice. 

I'm going to be SUPER pissed if they keep the 8-core exclusive to the extreme edition line for Broadwell-E.

Edit: Also people think the AMD 8000 series are real 8-core CPU's, that's cute.

I'm going to be SUPER pissed if they keep the 8-core exclusive to the extreme edition line for Broadwell-E.

as an AMD FX-8000 series owner, i kinda concur. it's more like a physical Hyper-Threading for integer-intensive applications.

but dat price/performance, though...

Desktop: CM Elite 130 - Corsair CX600M PSU - Asus Maximus VI Impact - Intel Core i7-4790K (@4.4GHz) - Corsair H80i - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 - Asus DirectCUII Radeon R9 290 - 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB WD Red HDD

Laptop: Asus N56DP-DH11 (AMD A10-4600M - Radeon HD7730M) -------------------------------------------------------- I know, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy --------------------------------------------------------

"It's not what you drive; it's how you drive it."   ~~Jeremy Clark, TopGear

It really depends on what you consider a core. 

The 8150 was the first consumer "8 core" desktop CPU, but half of them don't have FPUs. Back when the 386 was around, no CPUs had  FPUs built in. Isn't the 386 a single core? or is it a half core?

just an arm or a leg

*limited time offer

Grab one before it will cost two arms!

Unlocked Pentium? Sweet, hopefully we some some crazy OCing on it :D

This is what I am waiting for as well. I wanna see a G3220 riding at 4.8 GHz perfectly stable. Then see it run its paces in some the hottest games. If priced right these chips could screw AMD in the budget gaming market.

This is what I am waiting for as well. I wanna see a G3220 riding at 4.8 GHz perfectly stable. Then see it run its paces in some the hottest games. If priced right these chips could screw AMD in the budget gaming market.

Reminds me of the times when a low budget CPU overclocked was as good as or better than a high end CPU at gaming. Used to be that you could have a Celeron and have an awesome gaming rig.