Unlocked Pentium 20th Anniversary Edition, 8 Core i7 Extreme, and TIM-Fixed Pre-Broadwell i7

keoghjacob

Yes! Now give me an affordable six core... Star citizen won't be easy to run on a quad core... And I still want to play Wind Waker once I'm done owning newbs

This.

I'd love to have Intel six core for a price of current gen Haswel i7.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

aren't they also coming out with 15 core hyper threaded Xeons this refresh for the low low price of 3500$?  I forget where I was reading about what intell was doing with Xeon line.

This.

I'd love to have Intel six core for a price of current gen Haswel i7.

Agreed, but I'd rather have it at the cost of an i5. But I think I'm asking too much at the moment.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Agreed, but I'd rather have it at the cost of an i5. But I think I'm asking too much at the moment.

Me too, but I was being realistic. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

*beep beep beep* Intel fanboy detected.

There's a lot of those on this forum unfortunately.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

intel-x99.jpg

first 8-core desktop processor my ass, amd 8350.

Am I not right in thinking AMD 8 cores (at the desktop level) aren't true 8 cores, in that they don't have true independence?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

waiting for broadwell

bleh

like you wanna tell me amd can catch up to intel on their cpu's
do you see ppl choose amd for ultimate builds? no cuz their cpu's are not meant for hardcore
more like soft to medium core lol

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Aren't AMD 8-core CPU's not truly 8-core? Don't they have 4 modules, with some resources shared? Intel's claim that it would be the first true 8 core non-server CPU would probably be correct.

I hate to be elitist but ssssssssssh until you know what you're talking about :P because Intel's CPUs also share resources.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/43829-the-difference-between-amd-cores-and-intel-cores/

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I hate to be elitist but ssssssssssh until you know what you're talking about :P because Intel's CPUs also share resources.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/43829-the-difference-between-amd-cores-and-intel-cores/

Well, yeah. If you're talking about L3 Cache, then yeah, that's obvious. Been that way for awhile. But the fact remains there's more that's shared within a module on an AMD chip than in an Intel chip.

...Seite did admit that the two execution cores within a Bulldozer module shared more than the floating point unit (the FMAC Scheduler and the unit itself that’s split into two 128-bit halves): ‘ we’re sharing the front end, the Level 2 cache – and there could [theoretically] be conflicts of course, because we have two cores....

How one defines a "true core" might be subjective, I'm just saying that the cores on Intel's future octa-core probably won't share any resources with each other, other than the L3.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

I am excited about the extreme edition AND the little overclockable Pentium. The latter sounds like what I want for a Minecraft server :D

Am I not right in thinking AMD 8 cores (at the desktop level) aren't true 8 cores, in that they don't have true independence?

Aren't AMD 8-core CPU's not truly 8-core? Don't they have 4 modules, with some resources shared? Intel's claim that it would be the first true 8 core non-server CPU would probably be correct.

AMD bulldozer/ piledriver cores have 8 integer cores but only 4 floating point cores. This is why they are not "true" 8-cores, because in one type of compute operation, there are only 4 cores available, and in the other, 8. So depending on the task, the CPU is either 4-core or 8-core.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

That unlocked Pentium sounds awesome. What would be nice, is if they followed in AMDs footsteps and allowed overclokcing on all chip-sets. It will suck if the Unlocked Pentium is fairly cheap (by Intel standards) but to overclock, you'll have to buy the "Premium" chip-set, ie: Zxx.

I remember when I was in the schools IT technicians area helping out, I saw the technician pushing a P4 HT from 2.8 GHz - 3.8 GHz by just changing the multiplier, and a slight v increase (+/- 0.3v) and it being stable. and his C2Q being stuck at the max he could get, of 3.2 GHz.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Too bad the i7 EE will cost more than 2 Titan Blacks, more than likely. Or at least 1 1/2 of them.

well, you only REALLY need one kidney...

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Now this is definitely something im looking forward to. Cant wait to see some benchmarks.

Also, 1000 posts yus

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

For the low price of...

just an arm or a leg

*limited time offer

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

I dont give two shit about the extreme edition. I am going to be getting the pentium. Assuming it does not cost an arm and a leg.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

intel-x99.jpg

It is not true 8 core.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

It is not true 8 core.

its 8intel cores/16 threads due to hyperthreading

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

its 8intel cores/16 threads due to hyperthreading

I was talking about fx8350...

Curing shitposts by shitposts

I was talking about fx8350...

ah, didnt see the text under the picture hahaha :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

intel-x99.jpg

the 8350 isent a "true" 8 core

Probably mean first intel 8 core

the fx 8 cores are 4 cores with 2 cores in each core (i think)

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

You guys can have your Pentiums and 8-cores. I am more stoked about this one:

Improved TIM and packaging! No more dangerous de-lidding!

intel-4th-gen.jpg

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!