Auto Dealers fire back at Tesla CEO: "This Musk guy, he wants all the profits for himself"

Fred Castellum

As you guys may have already heard Tesla got banned from selling cars in New Jersey which was a hypocritical move by the Governor. 

Original LTT Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/126265-tesla-banned-from-new-jersy-update-03142014/?hl=%2Btesla+%2Bmusk

Now Auto Dealers are firing back at Tesla's CEO making accusations about his ego. Claiming he wants all the profits to himself. As a former investor in Tesla I can tell you Elon Musk's priority isn't on profits, his priority is on spreading tech he sees us using in the future. I don't see this big "ego" their talking about, I've watched quite a few one hour, two hour long interviews about Elon Musk and I can tell how he feels about the businesses he's running. The guys a Engineer first before a businessman and he's worked hella hard to make what envisions come true. Look at Paypal now(sold it to Ebay years ago)! SpaceX! Solar City(he helps run but isn't the CEO).

SOURCE: http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/19/5525544/new-jersey-auto-dealers-respond-to-teslas-elon-musk

Isn't it funny hearing Auto Dealers say "he wants all the profits for himself" when that's exactly what they themselves want... I don't see the innovation their pushing out to actually change the auto industry.... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

All I know is every time I hear his name, cool shit is being talked about. I like the guy so far. I don't know his personnality.

We all want the profit. Seriously humans need to make a god damn living. 

All I know is every time I hear his name, cool shit is being talked about. I like the guy so far. I don't know his personnality.

The guys modest, when Tesla's stock was soaring(its still soaring in fact) he even admitted his company was over valued and said he thought the investors were very generous, and he'd try his best not to disappoint them. 

He loves tech, and looks for ways to improve the future. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

screw dealers, drug or auto. 

All they do is add an extra layer of cost for the convenience of a show room, or test drives.   If you don't want either of those a dealership is just an extra huge cost for no value. Why do you think a vehicle loses so much value as soon as its driven off the lot?

car dealers are realizing they are pretty much just like any other brick an mortar store.  aka not as good or convenient as an online store if you know exactly what you want.

Dealers are just monkey's who put on a suit.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

wow the stuff between dealers and auto manufacture sounds a hell of alot like the isp vs netflix issues. These dealer just need to get used to things changing.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

tesla making their own sales is not unordinary nor unnatural. how ever tesla wants to do sale, tesla should be able to do freely without judgement. but unfortunately you got government officials who want their share of the tax money that is leaving the sate for vehicals that drive in their city.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

We all want the profit. Seriously humans need to make a god damn living. 

this is true but in this case those guys are above the average person when it comes to revenue especially the kind that would sell tesla cars (aka luxury dealerships)

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

tesla making their own sales is not unordinary nor unnatural. how ever tesla wants to do sale, tesla should be able to do freely without judgement. but unfortunately you got government officials who want their share of the tax money that is leaving the sate for vehicals that drive in their city.

yeah its pretty screwed up. They say musk is being the greedy one but it is quite the opposite.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Isn't it funny hearing hearing Auto Dealers say "he wants all the profits for himself" when that's exactly what they themselves want... I don't see the innovation their pushing out to actually change the auto industry....

This is exactly what I thought when I read it too..

"WAAaaAAAHHhhHHH!!!! THAT GUY wants more money and if he had moar money then I might have less money! I want more money too!!!"

But in all seriousness, they honestly don't see the irony of complaining that someone is doing something in order to be more profitable, and they're mad at him because it prevents them from being as profitable as they want to be? All dealerships do is add an extra layer of inefficiency to purchasing cars, which ultimately just inflates prices and hurts consumers.. Is there any really good reason for them to exist?

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

its not all about luxury dealers, they aren't that stupid, they know tesla wants to produce mid-range cost electric vehicles.  its not like tesla hid this fact the plan was always, 100k$ car,  60k$ car, then 30k$ car, world changed.  Musk didn't found tesla to make money he did it for the same reason he started Space-X, to make the future he wanted to see, happen.

they just want their cut of your money for allowing you the privilege of buying from them.

Now Auto Dealers are firing back at Tesla's CEO making accusations about his ego. Claiming he wants all the profits to himself. As a former investor in Tesla I can tell you Elon Musk's priority isn't on profits, his priority is on spreading tech he sees us using in the future. 

And as a cynical member of the human race I can tell you that is not at all his priority, it is just making fucking money like it is for all companies everywhere hoping to be competitive. Seriously stop deluding yourself into thinking companies and their CEO's have altruistic motives, it's all about the fucking dollars.

-------

Current Rig

-------

And as a cynical member of the human race I can tell you that is not at all his priority, it is just making fucking money like it is for all companies everywhere hoping to be competitive. Seriously stop deluding yourself into thinking companies and their CEO's have altruistic motives, it's all about the fucking dollars.

That's whats great about the human race, we have variety. Your cynical I'm not as cynical. 

I'll do what I find suitable and I'm sure you will too. I respect you for that. 

"Musk is greedy, make him give me money instead!"

Oh, what this world comes to sometimes.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

its not all about luxury dealers, they aren't that stupid, they know tesla wants to produce mid-range cost electric vehicles.  its not like tesla hid this fact the plan was always, 100k$ car,  60k$ car, then 30k$ car, world changed.  Musk didn't found tesla to make money he did it for the same reason he started Space-X, to make the future he wanted to see, happen.

they just want their cut of your money for allowing you the privilege of buying from them.

+1 you know what your talking about. 

I guess it might've gotten a bit too musky for them to handle.... I'll see m'self out.. Baaah

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

He can have more than one priority.  He can make the world a better place and make lots of money too, there's no reason for it to be mutually exclusive.  We can have both.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I guess it might've gotten a bit too musky for them to handle.... I'll see m'self out.. Baaah

Ha you and your jokes all the time...

Ha you and your jokes all the time...

Yup. Since the 12 year olds on this forum are both faster and better at tech than me i've resigned to try and lighten the mood for at least a few people  ;)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Of course he wants profit. Most companies want to take in as much profit as they can.

I would rather talk directly to the company who made the car than to a dealer who doesn't know crap about the car they are trying to sell.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

I would rather talk directly to the company who made the car than to a dealer who doesn't know crap about the car they are trying to sell.

In fairness to the dealers, enthusiastic dealers will know lots about the car. This is a small minority though.

Tesla should stop worrying about this, and just open up lots of stores just over the border. They have two right now, but open up a few more. Better yet, offer a voucher program for people to get reimbursed for traveling long distance to a Tesla store (i.e. from New Jersey to Pennsylvania/New York) so they can try it out.

Bring the peeps from New Jersey to neighboring states, I'm sure they'd be glad to have an increase in economic activity.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

In fairness to the dealers, enthusiastic dealers will know lots about the car. This is a small minority though.

Tesla should stop worrying about this, and just open up lots of stores just over the border. They have two right now, but open up a few more. Better yet, offer a voucher program for people to get reimbursed for traveling long distance to a Tesla store (i.e. from New Jersey to Pennsylvania/New York) so they can try it out.

Bring the peeps from New Jersey to neighboring states, I'm sure they'd be glad to have an increase in economic activity.

I guess the dealers I have in my area aren't part of the minority. And I agree, just put some dealers near the border and call it a day.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

The dealers should screw off. They are part of an antiquated system, and should just accept that eventually they will disappear.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|