The WORST Money I've Ever Spent

jakkuh_t
3 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Disabling that wireless functionality would only help you if there's absolutely no other wireless networks around you. 

You're most likely in an apartment building where every apartment has some kind of wireless ... I'm in Romania on the 4th floor of a 4 story apartment building and I see 15 wireless networks besides my own, and you can see wireless access points from two different ISPs :

You might want to install Windows 10...

elephants

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

You might want to install Windows 10...

This is an old HP ProBook 6570b with a Core i5-3210m 2.5ghz and 8 GB of memory - upgrading to Windows 10 would be pointless.

Just now, mariushm said:

This is an old HP ProBook 6570b with a Core i5-3210m 2.5ghz and 8 GB of memory - upgrading to Windows 10 would be pointless.

Never mind then.

Though, 8GB? Nice.
My Core i3-2365M had to run Windows 8.1 with just 4GB of RAM before my dad stuck Linux on it.

elephants

Enjoyed the video, but I would say that jokes aside I am worried that its this sort of understanding of tech and these kinds of products that cause real world issues. It's not just limited to the individual and them being swindled out of money because they don't understand how wifi works. 

Here in the UK the lack of understanding of wireless tech ends up leading to stuff like network engineers getting attacked and cell towers getting torched because people are afraid of 5G.

I'm very disappointed.

You didn't test the second so I don't know which model to get. Also, can they fit one inside the other and then foil? Also, can you test with the router turned off? 

6 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

Then they buy a real product that blocks any waves, like ridge wallet, buy one today!

To be fair the point of RFID card blockers is security not "blocking the 5Gs" and they do a semi-reasonable job of it. Although the best protection against people reading your cards is probably just to stack them ontop of each other which is basically what you do in any wallet. LPL did a good video on RFID lock hacking

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

2 minutes ago, skywake said:

To be fair the point of RFID card blockers is security not "blocking the 5Gs" and they do a semi-reasonable job of it. Although the best protection against people reading your cards is probably just to stack them ontop of each other which is basically what you do in any wallet. LPL did a good video on RFID lock hacking

sure, don't know how well this video is but is also a bit boring. Just some wallets and RFID.

It was not in the "instructions" of how to use it, but I wonder if it would have done more if it had been grounded....

To Linus and team,

I am not sure if the information regarding the adverse impacts of 5G were correctly portrayed in the video. I would advise you all to kindly read the following research article:

"Kostoff RN, Heroux P, Aschner M, Tsatsakis A. Adverse health effects of 5G mobile networking technology under real-life conditions. Toxicology Letters. 2020 May 1;323:35-40." 

Adverse health effects of 5G mobile networking technology under real-life conditions - ScienceDirect

On 1/11/2021 at 6:11 AM, arifa7med said:

To Linus and team,

I am not sure if the information regarding the adverse impacts of 5G were correctly portrayed in the video. I would advise you all to kindly read the following research article:

"Kostoff RN, Heroux P, Aschner M, Tsatsakis A. Adverse health effects of 5G mobile networking technology under real-life conditions. Toxicology Letters. 2020 May 1;323:35-40." 

Adverse health effects of 5G mobile networking technology under real-life conditions - ScienceDirect

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately that article seems to be stuck behind a paywall so I cannot access it. The claims made in the abstract about 5G are nothing new, but I am not aware of any reputable study that confirms those. Since I cannot access the article, I cannot have a look at their methodology or at a section disclosing potential conflicts of interest, which is very important for assessing the credibility of such a publication.

53 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately that article seems to be stuck behind a paywall so I cannot access it. The claims made in the abstract about 5G are nothing new, but I am not aware of any reputable study that confirms those. Since I cannot access the article, I cannot have a look at their methodology or at a section disclosing potential conflicts of interest, which is very important for assessing the credibility of such a publication.

Many journals will accept to publish anything. This is sadly the current state of science, you can 'publish' a paper about pretty much anything, even in prestigious journals.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/new-sokal-hoax/572212/

https://news.mit.edu/2015/how-three-mit-students-fooled-scientific-journals-0414

https://www.seeker.com/fake-scientific-paper-fools-157-journals-1767899822.html

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

On 1/11/2021 at 7:11 AM, arifa7med said:

To Linus and team,

Have you read it further than just abstract and highlights? I do have access to Elsevier articles through school. The article is basically study of previous studies and publications. It doesn't prove anything in real life either, just raises the awareness that current ways of research might not provide accurate info.

I'm not biologist or medical expert, so I haven't looked at how different laboratory testing and real-life result are overall. In my own field of expertise laboratory tests can be used to prove concepts and results seen in nature. Accuracy of those tests is always mentioned in peer-reviewed releases. Thats what it being peer-reviewed means. Its read by other experts and if it meets the standards for the publication, it gets published. And so goes on the process of scientific research. This one might have been challenged by another article later.

Since the article isn't available for all, I won't quote it directly here. I have skimmed it through, picking out the main issues it brings up. So if you have read it, we can talk. Otherwise, I don't see the point.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

there are negative sides to anything, one could say there is something harmful around 5G in one way or another.

From not the 5G itself, but the amount that will get uploaded, data concerns as "viruses" could be even harder to track or fight when they spread faster than being fought against and about the social media or attacks through social media. the mesh like networks, some would be vulnurable 5G towers and you won't know if a third party could attach themselves? Maybe they already have something clear for everything around 5G, and as some said about health, it could be more of a health concern if you stand right infront of a data tower dish (the big towers). Or health concerns that is around the data carried ("healthy data" if one could put it that way?)