why are software are not base on your hard drive why not they have a plan that you can choose if you want it in their server

Yellowdog77

why we have to pay outrageous prices for a  software cloud services why not they have a choice that they have a plan where its base on you hard drive  or ssd  or hosting your own cloud locally you barely  don't know how they are using your data they can easily if they realy realy want to sell it. and it very rare to see a none cloud software i use   shot cut  and open office and  I will  sometime use  one drive if i  need it sync to a smaller device and  i found a good back up software it called  degoo it give you 100GB   free and you can get more and i use it for all my devices and i can easily get a different account and get more. like adobe services  ms office  and  others 

Edited by asommers37

What? If you are asking why people need to pay for subscriptions it is because it is more profitable for the company.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

Your title and post are difficult to read, with their lack of punctuation and examples.

What I think you're asking is "Why do I have to pay a fee to store data online, when I have my own server? (i.e. for home security cameras)".

The answer is: money. Companies know there is big money in selling services, not so much in selling products.

That is why companies like Apple and Google are keen to sell users cloud storage and not so much a ton of storage in their devices.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Welcome to internet hell, everything is a subscription service and your entire online presence has no anonymity left.

If you dislike this type of thing, here’s a step by step guide to avoid this technological nightmare and return to a more simplistic and respectable internet lifestyle:

1) buy a pre IME laptop such as a Thinkpad T42, anything from before Core duo or Core2duo

2) Install older Linux such as Debian 6.06 or Windows 2000, alternatively use a modern freedom oriented distribution such as Trisquel but it won’t run as well on a Pentium M

3) Install pale moon and every script, Java and advertisement blocking extension they have 

4) only use websites that are 100% anonymous optionally, or only require a very basic login system 

5) don’t use any mainstream internet services and do not link any accounts to eachother, no gmail, no social media at all, none of that

This is the only solution if you’re unhappy with the current trends of computer technology. If you don’t want to pay subscription service fees for a cloud based program which someone wrote in a god awful programming language which eats all your ram and still runs like single threaded garbage in 2021, you need to technologically regress.

Buy an old computer, use old software, buy a flip phone. 

44 minutes ago, alexander sommers said:

why we have to pay outrageous prices for a  software cloud services why not they have a choice that they have a plan where its base on you hard drive  or ssd  or hosting your own cloud locally you barely  don't know how they are using your data they can easily if they realy realy want to sell it. and it very rare to see a none cloud software i use   shot cut  and open office and  I will  sometime use  one drive if i  need it sync to a smaller device and  i found a good back up software it called  degoo it give you 100GB   free and you can get more and i use it for all my devices and i can easily get a different account and get more. like adobe services  ms office  and  others 

I have no idea what you just said. I've seen 5-year olds write more coherent posts than this!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

50 minutes ago, alexander sommers said:

i found a good back up software it called  <something> it give you 100GB   free and you can get more and i use it for all my devices and i can easily get a different account and get more.

Wait, was this just an advertisement for some cloud service?

By the way, the edit you made didn't make this easier to read. Try to use punctuation (dot, question mark, etc.) and form sentences. That way people can follow what you are trying to say and ask here.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I agree with minibois it is about increased profits.

I can understand it from the business point of view.

The product is the product what difference does it make how they deliver it to us.

The thing is buying for most of us is not a business thing but more about fun.

Shopping in the store is fun, looking at all the packaging is fun, taking it home and unwrapping the packaging is fun. Even ordering online and getting the packaging delivered at home is fun. Plus the software install used to be a fun part of the build up to using the software too.

All that build up to using the software products used to be fun for me and a lot of other people also I'd guess.

Also there is the primal - I like having a shiny thing to hold in my hand that I bought.

- I have a collection of shiny things I bought.

All that makes people happy and more likely to buy stuff.

Then there is the poor people don't have credit cards or are reluctant to use them problem. I'd guess that shrinks sales some too.

This seems like it is a test transition time to me and I wonder across all software how it is really working out sales numbers wise?

I'm just curious.

Sorry I wrote too much. 🤪

I need to buy some shiny things so I feel better lol. 🤣

I wish I was super rich so I could buy stuff constantly.

😄