Ltt store mousepad order...

True

I ordered  on the 11th     I got a tacking number but its just a number created but no shipment sent..   no  reply from support when i emailed on Monday not sure if they are hyper backloged or what but i see lots of peoople on twitter with pads.    anyone else in this state?

Just now, True said:

no  reply from support when i emailed on Monday

As far as I have heard, the LTTStore support was out full last week, or maybe full this week.

So either they are still backlogged from last week, or they haven't gotten to your e-mail because they are out this week.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The last WAN show Linus said no one is in the office currently due to the holidays. I know they pretty much sold out of them already, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is one helluva backlog. That said, it could also just be stuck in customs or something - I'm sure they have more to deal with due to the holidays as well. But USPS is slow as assholes, so you'll be without for at least a month.

I'm in a similar boat waiting for an order but unlike yours my order status is currently unfulfilled. It seems the staff were away from 22-27 which linus confirmed on the WAN show. But yeah they don't seem to be responding to support enquiries this week.

It's pretty poor form to not have a banner at the top of their store saying staff away, we'll get back to you in January. It's something that any store that cares about their customers and understands customer service would do.

15 hours ago, anonymous_mouse said:

It's pretty poor form to not have a banner at the top of their store saying staff away, we'll get back to you in January. It's something that any store that cares about their customers and understands customer service would do.

Well, some have and people still complain that they don't get reply. Others believe in common sense about public holiday seasons and other such facts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

55 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Well, some have and people still complain that they don't get reply. Others believe in common sense about public holiday seasons and other such facts.

That's true on the first part but you get a lot less complaints when people are aware.

As for the second point, that's fair. It's also fair to point out that linus and the team etc chose to release a product near the beginning of the month with an expectation that all orders would ship out by December 31st.

But we have orders from 2 - 3 weeks ago that either haven't even been processed or have been processed but not shipped out. And the support team are non responsive.

It's all well and good to say it's the holiday season etc but that's just making an excuse. Maybe linus and the team shouldn't have set an eta that they couldn't meet and then go no contact making people wonder whats going on. It's not a proactive approach to customer service. As @spirchpoints out, it's hard to recommend friends and family make a purchase based on this experience.

20 minutes ago, anonymous_mouse said:

It's all well and good to say it's the holiday season etc but that's just making an excuse. Maybe linus and the team shouldn't have set an eta that they couldn't meet and then go no contact making people wonder whats going on. It's not a proactive approach to customer service. As @spirchpoints out, it's hard to recommend friends and family make a purchase based on this experience.

Well, its sad but truth that customer support, or communication to community has never been strong suite of LMG/Linus. This same did apply with Floatplane (not sure if still does), and anytime something major happens in Youtube space.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Well, its sad but truth that customer support, or communication to community has never been strong suite of LMG/Linus. This same did apply with Floatplane (not sure if still does), and anytime something major happens in Youtube space.

Yeah that is true. You would think that this would become more important to linus especially considering how big the youtube channel is combined with floatplane and the merch store. Plus linus used to work in customer service/retail so would certainly be well aware of the best way to handle these things. Oh well

1 minute ago, anonymous_mouse said:

Yeah that is true. You would think that this would become more important to linus especially considering how big the youtube channel is combined with floatplane and the merch store. Plus linus used to work in customer service/retail so would certainly be well aware of the best way to handle these things. Oh well

Being sales person is very different from being actual CSA. Like Linus likes to complain in Secret Shopper about wait times and such. Yet same thing happens in CSA situations under his own name.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Being sales person is very different from being actual CSA. Like Linus likes to complain in Secret Shopper about wait times and such. Yet same thing happens in CSA situations under his own name.

Yes it's true they are different. But you really only succeed in both roles if you actually care about your customers. You'd think with linus being the ceo with everything taking his name that there is a bigger incentive to care. It is what it is

It does take a while. I ordered on the 12th, only got a confirmation email on the 19th, shipped on the 23rd, received today.

On 12/30/2020 at 1:18 PM, True said:

I ordered  on the 11th     I got a tacking number but its just a number created but no shipment sent..   no  reply from support when i emailed on Monday not sure if they are hyper backloged or what but i see lots of peoople on twitter with pads.    anyone else in this state?

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Think we gotta just sit tight for now I expect that they're slammed. 

2 hours ago, spirch said:

so i decided to give up and sent an email to cancel my order and get a refund

all the hype around ltt store is ... i will keep my comment to myself

i will keep mentally ignoring/blocking these ads when i see/heard them

the good news, more pads for other peoples

hopefully someone is monitoring the support email

If it's already shipped, why would you cancel it? There's massive shipping backlogs with pretty much every carrier. You ordered around a holiday season. You should have known what you were getting yourself into.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 minutes ago, spirch said:

it's not shipped

tracking number was created, nothing else was done based on it, the shipping company doesn't have the package

I'd suggest that in the future you consider who you're buying from (small company, in addition to extreme unexpected demand) and around what time (a period with multiple holidays) before you make any expectations of when your product will ship, and be received.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

35 minutes ago, spirch said:

it's not shipped

tracking number was created, nothing else was done based on it, the shipping company doesn't have the package

It's likely too late for a refund then.

I don't know how LTT work, but when I last worked in the shipping department at my last job, whenever we printed out a tracking number to stick on a package (which is basically what you've received thus far), it's too late for refund.

Because it's then put in a pile of other boxes, ready to be picked up by the shipping carrier. No one will go through all the boxes to find your particular package.

Yes, it sucks that you got your tracking on the 20th and it hasn't shipped yet. But like others have said, LMG was off for the holidays. Wouldn't be surprised if today is their first real day back at work after the new year. If they are even at work today since I do know some companies give the "first business day after new year", off to their employees. At this point in time, further delays are very likely caused by the shipping carrier taking their sweet ol' time to pick up the packages.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 hours ago, dizmo said:

I'd suggest that in the future you consider who you're buying from (small company, in addition to extreme unexpected demand) and around what time (a period with multiple holidays) before you make any expectations of when your product will ship, and be received.

Nah, that's making an excuse for absolutely terrible service. People have been waiting over 3 weeks just for a response back to an enquiry. From a 'business' that hasn't shut down during the holiday period.

It's pretty clear these messages come from fanboys of linus which is funny because in linus' own words "If you are a fanboy of something, you're an idiot"

I've also cancelled my order but am not expecting a response back any time soon because linus is happy to take people's money but never even come close to delivering a subpar service.

People should just not waste their money on buying from lttstore.com.

12 minutes ago, anonymous_mouse said:

hasn't shut down during the holiday period

They explicitly state on the WAN show that no one was in the office for the holidays. Someone had sent either a superchat or Floatplane chat asking Linus about when they could expect their mouse pad. That was his answer.

I'm not a "fanboi", I'm also not defending them here. I'm just stating what I know.

3 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

They explicitly state on the WAN show that no one was in the office for the holidays.

They said no one in the office from 22nd - 27th. That gives them an excuse for 5 days. But not for the rest. I wouldn't really call that a shutdown either.

As I wrote earlier in the thread the product page sets the expectations of when the items will ship. Something that has still not yet been corrected or even responded too by linus.

Obviously linus is content with this otherwise he would have addressed this. The business does carry his name afterall. Most business owners would be embarrassed by this.

If you are someone that still wants to defend linus after this then the fanboy title is valid.

26 minutes ago, anonymous_mouse said:

Nah, that's making an excuse for absolutely terrible service. People have been waiting over 3 weeks just for a response back to an enquiry. From a 'business' that hasn't shut down during the holiday period.

It's pretty clear these messages come from fanboys of linus which is funny because in linus' own words "If you are a fanboy of something, you're an idiot"

I've also cancelled my order but am not expecting a response back any time soon because linus is happy to take people's money but never even come close to delivering a subpar service.

People should just not waste their money on buying from lttstore.com.

Nope, it's simply common sense.

Ordering during a time with 2 - 3 holidays with a larger shutdown of the business than a retail chain would have, and expecting rapid service isn't logical.

I'm not a fanboy in the least. I've repeatedly stated I wouldn't buy something from LTT unless it was to support the brand, as for most of the items the value simply isn't there. I can, however, understand how ordering something during a busy Christmas season is going to result in delays. They've also stated that they didn't expect anywhere near the demand for deskpads as they got.

Not entirely true, but go off sis.

You're in a very, very small minority. Most people who have purchased things from LTT have been thrilled with what they got. Most understand that ordering during the holiday season is going to result in shipping delays.

3 minutes ago, anonymous_mouse said:

They said no one in the office from 22nd - 27th. That gives them an excuse for 5 days. But not for the rest. I wouldn't really call that a shutdown either.

As I wrote earlier in the thread the product page sets the expectations of when the items will ship. Something that has still not yet been corrected or even responded too by linus.

Obviously linus is content with this otherwise he would have addressed this. The business does carry his name afterall. Most business owners would be embarrassed by this.

If you are someone that still wants to defend linus after this then the fanboy title is valid.

How is having no one at work not a shut down?

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, anonymous_mouse said:

I think we might be taking some mousepads a little too seriously

On 1/4/2021 at 7:03 PM, JOHNNYTHEWOODBOY said:

I think we might be taking some mousepads a little too seriously

Ordered on the 13th tracking on the 19th, no update since then. If LTT is going to sell items that aren’t explicitly “fanware”, which is probably sort of the reason for the store success, they should be ready to back it up, because I could sure use a deskpad and would have never hopped in with these kind of shipping times not being a fanboy. At the moment I’m left with about 6 days before a reasonable chargeback timeframe of a month after the order.

26 minutes ago, ElfDestruct said:

hey should be ready to back it up,

They are subject to the same shipping conditions as everyone else. UPS told Newegg just before Christmas that they were not a priority and their customers might have to wait longer for shipping. They did they for a few retailers. LTTStore is not Amazon and has its own shipping arm. These shipping companies have been pushed to the brink. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

They are subject to the same shipping conditions as everyone else. UPS told Newegg just before Christmas that they were not a priority and their customers might have to wait longer for shipping. They did they for a few retailers. LTTStore is not Amazon and has its own shipping arm. These shipping companies have been pushed to the brink. 

USPS is still getting caught up from the holidays and are dealing with COVID. @ElfDestruct I guess I don't understand what it is you expect from LTT at this point. There's not much they can really do

1 hour ago, JOHNNYTHEWOODBOY said:

USPS is still getting caught up from the holidays and are dealing with COVID. @ElfDestruct I guess I don't understand what it is you expect from LTT at this point. There's not much they can really do

No USPS was being fucked by the government. The issues they are having are deeper then COVID. UPS is Union so they probably don’t hire as many people. FedEx hires anyone but blows thru employees like they are going out of style. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.