Loramentum - A watercooled, wall mounted rig - Fan and lighting upgrade! 27/01/17

Maki Role

no more updates?

^^^

All in good time, the CAD files are currently with the guys at Parvum atm, who will be doing the cutting.  My hard deadline is November 18th, so you won't have long to wait regardless :D

Interestingly enough though, in the 3 forums where I have logs up (here, Bit-Tech and OCN) I received update requests in each over the last 2 days rofl.  Bit of a coincidence given I last updated all three at pretty much the same time.  Seems that people have a universal threshold haha.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

• 2 weeks later...

This kinda just... died a little... I wan it back, one of the best Build Logs I have seen.

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K  | Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz | GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 w/ ACX 2.0 | Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window | Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB |  PSU Corsiar RM750 | Display(s) Some Acer Things | Cooling Corsair H100i + 5x Noctua NF-F12 industrial 120mm fans(they are freaking load) | Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 |  Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound Audio-Technica AD900x + 02+ODAC +AT2020 | OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 

This kinda just... died a little... I wan it back, one of the best Build Logs I have seen.

Oh don't worry, it'll be back soon enough, and in full force (maybe a giveaway or too also!).  Still waiting on Justin at Parvum Systems, they ran into some supply issues which pushed back the block by a few days.  In preparation, I've invested in a load of new studio photography equipment (B-Neg's not the only one it seems eh) so as to maximise the upcoming updates.

Wow, this is absolutely stunning. Love the ssd paint job, little details like that are the bits that make me giddy  :)

On a side note, are you by any chance an industrial designer?

Asus X99-Deluxe  |  i7 5820k  |  16GB DDR4  |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G  |  Samsung 850 Evo + 840 Evo 500GB  |  NZXT H440

Wow, this is absolutely stunning. Love the ssd paint job, little details like that are the bits that make me giddy  :)

On a side note, are you by any chance an industrial designer?

Cheers!

Actually it's currently just a hobby of mine really.  Been using CAD packages for quite a while now and at school I got to know the machines quite well, so making bits and bobs for small scale manufacture feels pretty natural.  However, this is only at present, anything's possible down the road!

Oh don't worry, it'll be back soon enough, and in full force (maybe a giveaway or too also!).  Still waiting on Justin at Parvum Systems, they ran into some supply issues which pushed back the block by a few days.  In preparation, I've invested in a load of new studio photography equipment (B-Neg's not the only one it seems eh) so as to maximise the upcoming updates.

Hope you get the parts soon, this is truly the best and my favorite build log I have seen.

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K  | Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz | GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 w/ ACX 2.0 | Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window | Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB |  PSU Corsiar RM750 | Display(s) Some Acer Things | Cooling Corsair H100i + 5x Noctua NF-F12 industrial 120mm fans(they are freaking load) | Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 |  Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound Audio-Technica AD900x + 02+ODAC +AT2020 | OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you get the parts soon, this is truly the best and my favorite build log I have seen.

Then you're going to like this...

And like the phoenix...

It has been a tumultuous last few weeks to say the least.

Today I received the biggest pieces of the puzzle, thanks in no small part to Justin and the team at Parvum Systems.  They kindly went out of their way to get these parts machined quickly and accurately so that I might have a chance at finishing the build before i53.  I must say that they've done a marvelous job, the pieces look absolutely fantastic.  You may also notice that they're now sporting the new and improved block design which manages to cut the weight by approximately 55%, which is quite a big deal if you intend on carrying this thing anywhere.

I've also been playing around with my new studio setup (currently living in the dining room table, at least it can be quickly rolled up).  It's a hell of a lot of fun, although I've still got a long way to go.  Hopefully this will mean over time my photos will improve too :)  Next on the list are some soft boxes for the lighting and a vinyl backing (much prefer it to paper).

Pel3Uy.jpg

HRfDCb.jpg

y7hLV8.jpg

As a sort of thank you to everybody who's been following this build I've decided to hold a small giveaway too!  Up for grabs are an XSPC Raystorm CPU block (new and unused, even has the plastic peeling still on the copper side) and a Coolermaster Nepton 280l closed loop CPU cooler (kindly sent to me by Coolermaster EU).

To enter is simple, following very much on the theme set out by user Rakior in his fantastic desk build (seriously, check that out), simply ask a question and state which prize you'd be interested in.  For the sake of variety, try to have a look to see if your question has already been answered in the thread before though.  It can be about the build, modding in general, food (oh yes that's a good one), hobbies whatever, but a little relevance would be nice.

I'll be looking through and answering anything as we go along.  I'll pick the winners randomly so as to remain fair.  It's open worldwide, but if the shipping is excessive you may have to chip in on that front.  Remember that this will be open across here, Bit-Tech and Overclock.net, again out of fairness.  Good luck and thanks for looking!

5dy0ED.jpg

zxamBl.jpg

The comeback is real? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Yay, Maki's back. So to win something i need to ask a question? um. What tools do use for modding. Im getting a rotary tool but are there any other tools that are useful for modding? And im interested in the nepton cus im never gonna afford a full water loop in the near future :D. Ill chip in for postage if i win. (im soo delusional) :(

Steve

yes an update!

for the giveaway:

If you had to choose one tool to use all week for modding what would it be?

For me it would be a rotary tool.

For the giveaway;

How did you come back after the first primary piece smashing to bits? :P

Are you always looking out for an excuse to make your design better, or what?

Edot: Nepton 280l, totally forgot  :wacko:

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Question: 

What was your first mod/build?

Interested in the XSPC Raystorm CPU block, as i would really like to watercool my Ft05 but am low on funds

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Then you're going to like this...

And like the phoenix...

It has been a tumultuous last few weeks to say the least.

Today I received the biggest pieces of the puzzle, thanks in no small part to Justin and the team at Parvum Systems.  They kindly went out of their way to get these parts machined quickly and accurately so that I might have a chance at finishing the build before i53.  I must say that they've done a marvelous job, the pieces look absolutely fantastic.  You may also notice that they're now sporting the new and improved block design which manages to cut the weight by approximately 55%, which is quite a big deal if you intend on carrying this thing anywhere.

I've also been playing around with my new studio setup (currently living in the dining room table, at least it can be quickly rolled up).  It's a hell of a lot of fun, although I've still got a long way to go.  Hopefully this will mean over time my photos will improve too :)  Next on the list are some soft boxes for the lighting and a vinyl backing (much prefer it to paper).

-Snip-

-Snip-

-Snip-

As a sort of thank you to everybody who's been following this build I've decided to hold a small giveaway too!  Up for grabs are an XSPC Raystorm CPU block (new and unused, even has the plastic peeling still on the copper side) and a Coolermaster Nepton 280l closed loop CPU cooler (kindly sent to me by Coolermaster EU).

To enter is simple, following very much on the theme set out by user Rakior in his fantastic desk build (seriously, check that out), simply ask a question and state which prize you'd be interested in.  For the sake of variety, try to have a look to see if your question has already been answered in the thread before though.  It can be about the build, modding in general, food (oh yes that's a good one), hobbies whatever, but a little relevance would be nice.

I'll be looking through and answering anything as we go along.  I'll pick the winners randomly so as to remain fair.  It's open worldwide, but if the shipping is excessive you may have to chip in on that front.  Remember that this will be open across here, Bit-Tech and Overclock.net, again out of fairness.  Good luck and thanks for looking!

-Snip-

-Snip-

I have no words... Just an overload of sexy o-o

Also, what template for inventor (e.g. sheet metal) and what materials did you use to make these jaw-dropping models and what were the render settings in blender? (was going to ask that question regardless)

I'm interested in the water block :D it would make a nice start to a big dream

Is this build going to be moved around a lot or is it mainly going to be stationary?

I would be interested in the CM Nepton 280L to replace my h100 like likes to fail repeatedly 

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

What's your favorite material to work with? I'm talking when you need to make custom parts or "cases" like this one, which has been the most fun to work with?

Cooler master 280L

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

The new block looks awesome, didn't even realise it was a paper backing until you said it. Looks great.

Anyway as for the give away: The XSPC Raystorm would be preferable since I would not be able to fit/afford a custom loop water cooling system. 

And as for the question: (already exceeded my other questions previously :/ ) but what set of tools do you use for all your main things? And I don't mean the huge machines for cutting and whatever, what is your preferred set of screw drivers and thingies for working on electronics? I've been interested in the iFixIt ProTech Tool-Kit but I've seen some very mixed reviews of it (shit quality versus great) and I desperately need a new set... (just using mixed bits and bobs I can scram together...)

Where'd you find models of all the parts for your 3D renders? Wait... you made them? Holy crap that's some skills. Ok... where do you think is a good place to start in PC modding?

I'd like the CPU block as I'm planning to do a cooling loop in the future and that would really helpful

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Question: What made you learn CAD and What do you think is the best program to use when planning on making a Case from Scratch?

XSPC Cpu block 

I7 4790K • Corsair H110 • MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition • Kingston Fury Hyper X (White)(16GB)(1866Mhz) • Crucial MX 100 512 GB • Seagate Barracuda 1TB • Phantek Enthoo Pro • EVGA G2 750 Watt 

Asus DRW Optical Drive • TP Link Wifi Adapter • Asus MX279H • CM Devastator Bundle (Blue) • Bitfenix Spectre Pro (White) • Windows 8.1

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

Question:

What made you start this awesome project?

Cooler Master 280L

i7 4790k | ASUS Z97 Gryphon | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz | Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 1267/3829 | Stock Cooler | Antec Neo Eco 520W | WD Green 1TB

Silverstone TJ08-e | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Razer Tiamat 2.2 | LG 24EN43VS | Razer Naga (2010) | Razer Lycosa (2010)

Planned PC Upgrades: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=325661&action=wish_lists

Moar pics and updates please.

Question: Can i have the Nepton cooler?

Nepton ofc

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

The new block looks awesome, didn't even realise it was a paper backing until you said it. Looks great.

Anyway as for the give away: The XSPC Raystorm would be preferable since I would not be able to fit/afford a custom loop water cooling system. 

And as for the question: (already exceeded my other questions previously :/ ) but what set of tools do you use for all your main things? And I don't mean the huge machines for cutting and whatever, what is your preferred set of screw drivers and thingies for working on electronics? I've been interested in the iFixIt ProTech Tool-Kit but I've seen some very mixed reviews of it (shit quality versus great) and I desperately need a new set... (just using mixed bits and bobs I can scram together...)

You want the Cooler master 280L; that's the closed loop...

What is the weight of the system, including all components and a full loop?

I'd love to win the 280L