Has anyone else been targeted with Occamy.c/B

LostGBX

so, this is the fifth time I have removed Occamy from my computer over the span of 2 years, and every time i do, it gets worse!

has anyone else had to deal with it? 

11 minutes ago, LostGBX said:

has anyone else had to deal with it? 

No.

Not to scream "your own fault!", but do you make sure you take protection against viruses and other attacks seriously?

i.e. only download stuff from reputable websites (like the website of the program maker), run weekly scans with an anti-virus (even with just Defender), be careful online too (by using an Adblocker, to block potentially harmful ads), etc.?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i dont use virus removers, i do it by hand as practice for when i go back to work

also, it could be because i didnt check my server

just looked it up, its very interesting. ill have to try it out

the point of this discussion though, was to ask others if they have ever dealt with it

my son downloaded a game, and thats when it happened. but also, should i check the modem?

11 minutes ago, LostGBX said:

i dont use virus removers, i do it by hand as practice for when i go back to work

So you don't use what could have prevented this because reasons?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Use a virus scanner/remover. Youe obviously not removing it. And no your modem can't store viruses.

OK, thank you for the rkill solution, it says that there is nothing conspicuous left on my computer. 

i meant should i change the modem due to the attacker knowing my modem, because it is the fifth time that it has happened

25 minutes ago, minibois said:

No.

Not to scream "your own fault!", but do you make sure you take protection against viruses and other attacks seriously?

i.e. only download stuff from reputable websites (like the website of the program maker), run weekly scans with an anti-virus (even with just Defender), be careful online too (by using an Adblocker, to block potentially harmful ads), etc.?

yes, I do make sure