It's time to break up.

NickHeavy
3 hours ago, Senzelian said:

USB MICRO B ?!

WTF THIS THING IS TRAS

I still don't get it, 200$ keyboards, and 150$ mice with micro b. You can buy phones cheaper than that with USB C. And I don't get why, 1 year old, cheaper mice and keyboards logitech makes have USB C, but for some reason the NEW, HIGH END, expensive gaming gear get micro B, I highly doubt logitech is just really keen on saving .3 grams by going with a micro b.

Oh man when Linus hit the monitor I died inside a bit.  I'm actually shocked he didn't break it, I threw my headphones down on my desk without paying attention one time and broke a monitor doing that, and it was no where near the force the drill put on a the monitor...lol.

Lesson learned for me.

Just baffled on how careless linus is with his own stuff lol. Dont understand how you can just drill with all that stuff on the desk, making a mess and such instead of putting it on the desk to mark, then getting it off to reduce the chance of damage.

Does anyone know what that pole/mount linus is using for that camera is?

1 hour ago, Complex86 said:

Does anyone know what that pole/mount linus is using for that camera is?

Looks like that is the Elgato Multi Mount: https://www.elgato.com/en/multi-mount-system

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

True wireless is SO FAR AWAY because you are still running at minimum two cables to your monitor, two cables to your speakers, a cable to your webcam and a cable to your charging pad. I can get why drilling holes in the tabletop will minimize the ugliness of what you see, but WHERE you drill those holes is totally user/device specific... and worse if you change your layout later and need that hole elsewhere you now have an ugly unused hole in your table. Somehow I don't see the Swiss cheese tabletop concept taking off xD

I suppose you could just also do a new tabletop... at which point your OCD is a bigger problem than cable management.

I'm gonna guess you DON'T have the answer for the guy who just bought the BEACH TOWEL SIZE LTT mouse pad how to run cables through that in a follow up video.

Finally if you think you know everything - doing the same with a tempered glass tabletop. Those are a real PITA to drill through. The trick is that you don't. You sink the glass in a recessed perimeter with plywood along the back edge and front edge. Drill holes along the back edge for your cable management while the front can be used to screw in stuff like a racing wheel, joystick, throttle etc... Don't want to leave screw holes in your desk? C-clamp a 2nd piece of plywood to the tabletop and screw your gear into that. Then remove when you don't need it.

5 hours ago, Koitsu said:

This video was maybe the most disappointing LTT video ever made. Really making me.. worried, I guess, about the future of the channel.

Linus is literally lying, or shilling, that these products are actually superiour. Going from a real mech board to logitech’s mushfest awfulness keyboard switches? No way. Even more egregious is saying he will switch from hd600s to some f—ing logitech gaming headset?? That is an actual joke. 

You can tell it’s a blatant shill too, because as was a plot point in the video he only had 1 hr to do it before WAN show, and guess which headphones he wore in the WAN show.... the much, much superiour hd600s, because of course he did. 

I of COURSE understand the show needs sponsored content to continue but this is blatant lying to your viewers about products which on a review show is NOT COOL.

Linus is absolutely not going to be using these low grade, crappy pieces of hardware on his actual desk. The mouse maybe, that one actually isn’t bad. But the keyboard and headset?? Not a chance in hell.

Feels like you have an unfounded hate towards Linus.

Firstly, he did not mention these products are superior. They are just wireless.  There was no mentioning of actuation or response time or sound quality. I have no idea why you would think that he mentioned superior. Now you are the one lying. 

Secondly, he used back the hd600 because he needed to monitor audio using the GoXLR which as far as he knows does not allow USB headphones. He mentioned it in the video and you did not catch it. *facepalm*. Now you are misleading. 

Lastly, he already mentioned this is a sponsored video and thus to show the products Logitech wanted to show to the audience and thus "NOT A REVIEW SHOW" (God seems like not many understands this"

3 hours ago, crazzp said:

(God seems like not many understands this"

Oh gosh, the formatting!
The horror!
The humanity!
And no one was really paying attention to what Linus was using on the WAN show - we were all listening to Linus destroy Nvidia.

elephants

9 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

I'd rather deal with a cable then a dead battery tbh. 

Yeah true dead battery are very annoying

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Koitsu said:

My issue is with the insinuation that linus himself will be using these products. It’s one of the highest honours a product can get on LTT

lolwat?

He's not infalible, and nor is anything he uses. His opinions are not the word of the law. Hell he used the Razer Blade stealth for how long? Pretty much everyone on this forum recommends against the blade. If you watch an LTT video and think that just because Linus uses something that it must be good, then maybe it's time to take down the posters of him in your room.

In a lot of the videos he's done where he is doing something at his house, he normally suggests NOT doing it. Esspecially the "This replaced ever computer in my house", it was basically the equivalent if the X gamers 1 CPU, which is a terrible terrible idea to actually deploy.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Anyone know what the purpose of the Cannon camera @LinusTech has in his setup? Looks lie a rebel or similar? He has that webcam clipped to the monitor, so what is the other for?  Can a Camera like that be used as a webcam?

---------

On the sponsored content part, a gaming channel I watch (Outside XBox/Outside Xtra) puts a ghosted "Sponsored Content" bug on videos that are, well, directly sponsored.  Even for things that aren't vaguely editorial, like "here's game play of this new game" or even if a beer company has sponsered a video of a gaming session and they're drinking the beer.(They're a British channel, so might be more strict there..but I think something like would be good for LMG videos to make things clear to viewers rather than the more nebulous "showcase" designation.

24815172_ScreenShot2020-12-14at11_26_05PM.thumb.png.51e88e2003877cb88c9ed48a8a576e0d.png

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

3 hours ago, Sandro Linux said:

Yeah true dead battery are very annoying

That and when the batteries do wear out and no longer hold a charge...screw that planned obsolescence!! 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

4 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

That and when the batteries do wear out and no longer hold a charge...screw that planned obsolescence!! 

Especially, non-removable ones. Devices with removable batteries are becoming harder to find by the day

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

18 hours ago, crazzp said:

Feels like you have an unfounded hate towards Linus.

Firstly, he did not mention these products are superior. They are just wireless.  There was no mentioning of actuation or response time or sound quality. I have no idea why you would think that he mentioned superior. Now you are the one lying. 

Secondly, he used back the hd600 because he needed to monitor audio using the GoXLR which as far as he knows does not allow USB headphones. He mentioned it in the video and you did not catch it. *facepalm*. Now you are misleading. 

Lastly, he already mentioned this is a sponsored video and thus to show the products Logitech wanted to show to the audience and thus "NOT A REVIEW SHOW" (God seems like not many understands this"

What a profoundly stupid take. I have one person saying that I'm a huge fanboy of linus 'with poster of him in my room' and you saying I hate him. Lmao. If I hated linus would I be on the LTT forums?

I have a normal appreciation for his content, I've been watching for many years and respect the show, I feel like that's most of us on the forum. As much as this one video (and a couple others in the past) haven't sat right with me, I still think LMG puts out for the vast majority of the time, very good reviews (except when it comes to keyboards lol).

He DIRECTLY implies that they are better by choosing them. Not talking about the flaws (like actuation, response time, sound quality, switch feel, materials, build quality, construction) but only mentioning the positives (fast wireless, media buttons, scroll) is a biased, bad review. That's my concern and criticism here. He isn't lying per se, he is just omitting a LOT of information that is valuable to consumers.

Ie he won't be using the crappy logitech ones because they don't suit his needs, my point exactly. This part is actually directly lying as he says he will use them but then.. doesn't--and won't--because they're worse and don't work with his setup. That's misleading at BEST. What is your point here, because you're just reinforcing mine, that the headphones featured in his 'new setup' are ones that he, and you, say that he actually can't use. How is that not misleading?

As for your last point, it's not a review and I mention that in my first post, I don't think that matters much. The channel is a review channel, LTT has somewhat of an obligation to at the very least acknowledge that people take their videos AS reviews. This video in particular is incredibly ambiguous because he does a little mini review of each product along the way, talks about their features, etc.... but only the good ones.

1 hour ago, Koitsu said:

The channel is a review channel

Mmm, no, not really. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 12/14/2020 at 6:21 PM, GoodEnough said:

no, wireless wires

Fibre Optic?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)