Cyberpunk Horribly low FPS (3080)

Look at the processes tab in task manager sorted by CPU usage to see if something else is being greedy.

3 hours ago, CheeseGod said:

It's strange because I just got on now and my frames are fine, not as good as they're supposed to be but they're sitting around 90-110, one thing I'm noticing however is they're dropping the longer I play the game, they dropped all the way to 50fps. 

Then that's the power throttling back either due to temp or just the intel power limits that allow boost for a limited time. Usual issue on laptops.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Having issues with a 3080 as well. GPU usage is low at 65%, can't get more than 50fps even if I go from Ultra RT preset to lowest preset, DLSS does next to nothing. I clean installed drivers as well to see but that didn't fix it.

Low FPS, low GPU CPU utilization. No matter what settings I use (Medium/High), it stays within the 30-60 FPS range.

Hardware:

* CPU: Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 3700 Mhz

* GPU: RTX 3080 AORUS

* RAM: 16GB

* STORAGE: SSD 3TB

* RESOLUTION (+ TARGET FPS): 3440 x 1440

* PLATFORM: Steam

GPU Clock: 1900Mhz
GPU utilization:10-30%
CPU Clock: 3966 MHz
CPU utilization: 40-50%

I tried using Windows update, using DDU to reinstall drivers, installing driver through GeForce experience, installing driver by downloading it from the site, installing driver in C and D drive, installing the game in C and D drive, installing GeForce experience, not installing GeForce experience, using G sync, turning off G sync, turning on/off Max FPS, setting Nvidia Control Panel for CP2077 programs with various recommendations on Youtube.

This is driving me absolutely nuts that the FPS usually floats around 30-60 FPS, not playable in gun fights.

10 hours ago, CheeseGod said:

taskm2.PNG

ya that aint right

Dont know what is pinging your CPU at 100%, but cyberpunk is almost guaranteed to run with a "GPU bottleneck" (aka 95-100% GPU use, lower CPU use) in most scenarios (especially with a good CPU which you have).  

In general, I would try:

-going through the open programs / processes and shutting down any bloat

-make sure windows isnt actively updating (or let it finish updating to latest version before retrying)

-at this point I would just DDU, DL the latest straight from Nvidia, reinstall.  I personally use GFE and have not had issues, but other have, direct from Nvidia is best bet

-if all of that doesn't work, more extreme step would be reinstall fresh copy of windows.  Definitely more annoying and time consuming.  But starting fresh, installing drivers fresh etc would be my "Nuke" solution.

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

28 minutes ago, Zberg said:

ya that aint right

Dont know what is pinging your CPU at 100%, but cyberpunk is almost guaranteed to run with a "GPU bottleneck" (aka 95-100% GPU use, lower CPU use) in most scenarios (especially with a good CPU which you have).  

In general, I would try:

-going through the open programs / processes and shutting down any bloat

-make sure windows isnt actively updating (or let it finish updating to latest version before retrying)

-at this point I would just DDU, DL the latest straight from Nvidia, reinstall.  I personally use GFE and have not had issues, but other have, direct from Nvidia is best bet

-if all of that doesn't work, more extreme step would be reinstall fresh copy of windows.  Definitely more annoying and time consuming.  But starting fresh, installing drivers fresh etc would be my "Nuke" solution.

For me I tried DDU a while ago and that didn't change anything. A fresh install of windows might help but if many are having the same issue I doubt it would work.

I'm having the same issues, without the high CPU usage:

Max settings +- 35 FPS

Min settings +- 60 FPS (both gpu & cpu chilling at 30-40%)

-1080p G-Sync screen

-MSI 3060Ti Gaming x trio

-Ryzen 5 2600x

-16GB 2800 ram

Kind of same here.

High Settings: ~55fps after going out of apartement (the crowded area), NO raytracing, NO DLSS.

Seems like especially NPC take down the FPS but this is still not acceptable. Usage is in the higher 70s on the gpu but cpu is only at around 40-50%.

Will DDU my driver and reinstall windows to check if it helps.

- RTX 3080 Gainward

- 48gb 2800 Ram

- Ryzen 9 3900XT

8 minutes ago, PythonLimited said:

Kind of same here.

High Settings: ~55fps after going out of apartement (the crowded area), NO raytracing, NO DLSS.

Seems like especially NPC take down the FPS but this is still not acceptable. Usage is in the higher 70s on the gpu but cpu is only at around 40-50%.

- RTX 3080 Gainward

- 48gb 2800 Ram

- Ryzen 9 3900XT

This is the same exact behavior i have. Cant get above 55 fps in the city no matter what settings i'm running. i get 50 fps with RT ultra preset and balanced dlss and 55 fps on just 
High...  cpu usage 70-80% and gpu 70-80%

11 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

https://amp.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/9ijwed/installing_nvdia_drivers_without_geforce/

this is a *known* issue since many years, people on here also never suggest to update through GFE... 

If you don't even know that I'm not sure you should be giving any advice regarding GPUs tbh. Also what is up with the hostility lol. Wtf indeed. 

"known issue"... links to 2 year old thread that says nothing that this is an actual issue. 

Same here. I get exactly the same FPS on Ultra preset and on Low preset. Only thing changing is the GPU usage drops from above 90% to under 60%. I watched the CPU cores/threads and half of them are 80-90% usage, other half are 5-20% usage. This is a disaster, can't get constant 60FPS on any settings. DLSS also just lowers GPU usage even further and doesn't increase the FPS. If I enable raytracing, GPU usage goes to 98% percent but FPS drops of course so that's even worse. So it's like a weird CPU bottleneck but it's not using all the cores or threads properly. I tried with disabled hyperthreading or whatever AMD's equivalent is called and all the cores were 80-90% usage but GPU was again at low usage. My specs are RTX 2060 Super, Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM, SATA SSD, 1080p monitor. Here are screenshots with MSI Afterburner. The one where GPU usage is 59% with 57FPS is set on Low preset and the other screenshot with 56FPS is on Ultra preset. No RT or DLSS in both.

71172231_unknown(1).png

unknown.png

1 hour ago, PythonLimited said:

Kind of same here.

- RTX 3080 Gainward

- 48gb 2800 Ram

- Ryzen 9 3900XT

Yes... I just hope the problem is not our Harddrives. Yesterday after posting the previous comment , I went on youtube to watch a guy play the game on ultra all settings even RT. The guy had the same rig we had ( rtx 3080 anf ryzen 9 3900xt, 32 gb ram) but he got above 70fps. He told me he never had our issue... 

in case any1 has gsync on, turn it off, and use a maximum frame rate. I've seen benchmarks with a 8700k/5600x with the cpu capped out around 80fps, same guy with the 5600x switches to a 5800x and it drops to 60%, i get 60-100% depending on area on a 9900k around 100fps.

So check everything.

DDU

Gsync/freesync off

cpu bottleneck

and use dlss whenever possible.

Lastly, RTX off if it just doesnt run.

My current settings=blur/grain/depth rtx off screenspace low color and details high, everything else medium dlss performance

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

43 minutes ago, xg32 said:

in case any1 has gsync on, turn it off, and use a maximum frame rate. I've seen benchmarks with a 8700k/5600x with the cpu capped out around 80fps, same guy with the 5600x switches to a 5800x and it drops to 60%, i get 60-100% depending on area on a 9900k around 100fps.

So check everything.

DDU

Gsync/freesync off

cpu bottleneck

and use dlss whenever possible.

Lastly, RTX off if it just doesnt run.

My current settings=blur/grain/depth rtx off screenspace low color and details high, everything else medium dlss performance

Will have to try some of this. Already tried DDU.

Im running gsync compatible screen, maybe thats an issue.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sucks, I will say that on RTX Ultra 1440p preset w/DLSS on auto, I get between 60-90fps and am 95-99% GPU bound on my system (5ghz 8700k, 3080, 32gb ddr4 3200, nvme ssd)

However, there are times, like in the busy street with tons of people, that my FPS will dip into the 50s, my CPU will ping to the 90% range, and GPU will drop to around 75-85%.

Presumably, there are some parts where even a fast 6/12 chip will be the limiting factor.

Other times, my FPS will dip into the 50s while driving third person, but GPU is maxed out.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

I do have similar issues - 1440p / Ultra settings with cascaded settings turned to medium as well as clouds turned down to high, I do get 50 percent CPU and 50 percent GPU usage. In areas like interior, outside of the city the GPU usage is fine. I do have DLSS on Quality. Also, the frames drop like mad while driving from the third person mode, no matter the settings. 

My specs:
Ryzen 5 3600 @ stock
16gb DDR4 3200mhz dual channel
RTX 3070 Founders edition
GL850 1440p 144hz screen (have tried to disable G-SYNC, made no difference at all)
650w FM2 Supremo PSU

EDIT: someone has mentioned that the issue might be related to Hard Drive, I have the game installed on the NVME SSD, so that should not be the case. 

16 hours ago, sparten576 said:

I have a similar issue. I'm not sure what happened. I played the game last night and I could turn off RT and get 140 fps. 

I have: 

8700k at 4.8 

16gb ram

I can put the preset to low and get 72 fps and put it on ultra RT with balanced dlss and get 58-64. 

No idea why my performance is so garbage.

I'm using gsync compatible monitor and running the gsync compatible mode. Is it bugged to hell or something?

I literally have the same thing as you but not getting 140fps, I'm getting 110 at best on low settings. What resolution are you playing at? 

9 hours ago, DustRaider8 said:

Same here. I get exactly the same FPS on Ultra preset and on Low preset. Only thing changing is the GPU usage drops from above 90% to under 60%. I watched the CPU cores/threads and half of them are 80-90% usage, other half are 5-20% usage. This is a disaster, can't get constant 60FPS on any settings. DLSS also just lowers GPU usage even further and doesn't increase the FPS. If I enable raytracing, GPU usage goes to 98% percent but FPS drops of course so that's even worse. So it's like a weird CPU bottleneck but it's not using all the cores or threads properly. I tried with disabled hyperthreading or whatever AMD's equivalent is called and all the cores were 80-90% usage but GPU was again at low usage. My specs are RTX 2060 Super, Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM, SATA SSD, 1080p monitor. Here are screenshots with MSI Afterburner. The one where GPU usage is 59% with 57FPS is set on Low preset and the other screenshot with 56FPS is on Ultra preset. No RT or DLSS in both.

71172231_unknown(1).png

unknown.png

Just wanted to state, i have a r9 3900x and a MSI 3080 Ventus and you and me are having the exact same issue. DLSS does nothing for me but lower GPU usage and doesn't increase FPS. my CPU never goes above 50% utilization. My FPS averages anywhere from 100fps tops in small empty area's to 40fps whilst driving. Actually playing the game the fps averages around 54fps to 73fps
I also noticed that in the area's where my fps actually manages to go above 100fps (only a couple times) my gpu usage goes from 50-60% to 80-90%.
When I enable RT I average around 40fps

I got the same problem as you guys with my 3080 and Ryzen 5 3600.

At Ultra settings and 4k in DLSS Performance mode I'm getting fps in the low 40's in most of the city, no matter if I have all the RTX settings enabled or only RT lighting to medium, the only difference is GPU utilization which is at 80% or below if I'm not maxing out every single setting including the RTX options. There's also no fps difference between everything on Ultra and everything on Low if I have RTX enabled (although I literally can't see a difference between the settings, do they even change without restarting?).

I feel like there's something really weird going on with GPU utilization, especially in combination with RTX and DLSS. I've considered a potential CPU bottleneck but my CPU utilization is never above 50% and there are literally benchmark videos out there of people with the same CPU and a 3070 who get better performance than my 3080.

Chiming in to report very similar results as you guys. 

R5 5600X
Strix 3080
1440p

FPS cannot sustain 60 even with DLSS, often dipping into the 40s running at Ultra, regardless of Raytracing is on or off, regardless of which DLSS quality preset I choose.

Strangely, even if I reduce the quality to Low and reduce my resolution to 1024 x 768 in a tiny little window, my framerate remains the same while my GPU usage plummets, as if the game is STRICTLY targeting a very specific band of FPS independent to graphics settings or resolution. It will peak into the 70s with abysmally low GPU utilization. V-Sync disabled, no frame cap in place, nothing else on my PC controlling framerates or framecaps. I don't fucking know what's going on, but my GPU isn't being leveraged, nor is my CPU pegged. SO what gives? I should br running at hundreds of FPS in a tiny-ass window in the middle of the desert, and...nothing.

Running at Ultra w/ maxed out RTX settings, my GPU does reach 100% utilization, but my FPS is just as bad regardless of which quality preset I choose, especially in densely populated scenes. Driving around is hopeless, FPS plummets to the 40s consistently. 

Watching benchmarking videos baffles me. How can these people get so many different results with quality presets on a 3080, and I'm...running nearly identical performance no matter what I change, even in a tiny window at low settings. I feel that something is really wrong. Going to do a complete reinstall of the game, my drivers, everything.

15 minutes ago, ByteRoster said:

Chiming in to report very similar results as you guys. 

R5 5600X
Strix 3080
1440p

FPS cannot sustain 60 even with DLSS, often dipping into the 40s running at Ultra, regardless of Raytracing is on or off, regardless of which DLSS quality preset I choose.

Strangely, even if I reduce the quality to Low and reduce my resolution to 1024 x 768 in a tiny little window, my framerate remains the same while my GPU usage plummets, as if the game is STRICTLY targeting a very specific band of FPS independent to graphics settings or resolution. It will peak into the 70s with abysmally low GPU utilization. V-Sync disabled, no frame cap in place, nothing else on my PC controlling framerates or framecaps. I don't fucking know what's going on, but my GPU isn't being leveraged, nor is my CPU pegged. SO what gives? I should br running at hundreds of FPS in a tiny-ass window in the middle of the desert, and...nothing.

Running at Ultra w/ maxed out RTX settings, my GPU does reach 100% utilization, but my FPS is just as bad regardless of which quality preset I choose, especially in densely populated scenes. Driving around is hopeless, FPS plummets to the 40s consistently. 

Watching benchmarking videos baffles me. How can these people get so many different results with quality presets on a 3080, and I'm...running nearly identical performance no matter what I change, even in a tiny window at low settings. I feel that something is really wrong. Going to do a complete reinstall of the game, my drivers, everything.

Perhaps it may work for you, but I've tried everything from reinstalling my drivers from scratch, reinstalling the game, installing the game on different SSD's and NVMe drives and it didn't improve anything. the only thing I haven't tried yet is reinstalling windows, which I kind off don't want to do as it's such a hassle.

3 minutes ago, Sekiberius said:

Perhaps it may work for you, but I've tried everything from reinstalling my drivers from scratch, reinstalling the game, installing the game on different SSD's and NVMe drives. the only thing I haven't tried yet is reinstalling windows, which I kind off don't want to do as it's such a hassle.

I have it installed on an NVME SSD as well. I really don't want to reinstall Windows, especially after I just did a PC rebuild about a month ago...

I did turn GPU Scheduling on after some recent Windows updates. No clue if that has anything to do with this performance, and I have yet to find someone benchmarking that's able to reproduce our frustrating results! Something is really fucking with our specific builds.

update, i can 100% my cpu on demand in the city whenever i turn and load in npcs, look away and look at them again and it'll spike again, meanwhile fps drops from 100 to 75, i'd recommend lowering crowd density to at least medium. 

Also when i take a closer look at benchmarks, this game overloads 1 core/thread then bounces off hard, the # of objects on the screen hogs single thread performance beyond whats possible atm, thats at least part of the problem.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

47 minutes ago, SgtHeisenberg said:

I got the same problem as you guys with my 3080 and Ryzen 5 3600.

At Ultra settings and 4k in DLSS Performance mode I'm getting fps in the low 40's in most of the city, no matter if I have all the RTX settings enabled or only RT lighting to medium, the only difference is GPU utilization which is at 80% or below if I'm not maxing out every single setting including the RTX options. There's also no fps difference between everything on Ultra and everything on Low if I have RTX enabled (although I literally can't see a difference between the settings, do they even change without restarting?).

I feel like there's something really weird going on with GPU utilization, especially in combination with RTX and DLSS. I've considered a potential CPU bottleneck but my CPU utilization is never above 50% and there are literally benchmark videos out there of people with the same CPU and a 3070 who get better performance than my 3080.

You are not the only one - my CPU does only hover on around the 50 percent of utilization while not using the GPU (using the 3070 and 3600), guess for now all of the people using 3600 or similar CPU's will experience similar issues, as a lot of my friends do as well. We need to wait for the patches or upgrade the CPU I guess 🤷‍♂️😃

Same issue as you guys not a hard drive issue as someone else mentioned it may have been, my game is on a very good SSD and I get 60-40 fps on Ultra at 2k on a 2070 Super and a Ryzen 5 3600. Its when the cpu and gpu seem to be on low usage that it gets weird. Just want to know if the windows reinstall worked for anyone? This is really strange and the only semi-fix is lowering crowd density when I feel like I shouldn't need to.

50 minutes ago, xg32 said:

update, i can 100% my cpu on demand in the city whenever i turn and load in npcs, look away and look at them again and it'll spike again, meanwhile fps drops from 100 to 75, i'd recommend lowering crowd density to at least medium. 

Also when i take a closer look at benchmarks, this game overloads 1 core/thread then bounces off hard, the # of objects on the screen hogs single thread performance beyond whats possible atm, thats at least part of the problem.

So, the game isn't dividing tasks between cores properly and is slapping all the performance heavy tasks on a single core?
That'd explain quite a bit.