Cyberpunk Horribly low FPS (3080)

I wonder if that's what should I expect playing on 3080 inside of eGPU enclosure (Razer Core X Chroma). I'm playing on a MacBook Pro late 2019 with i9-9980HK and 32GB of RAM.

On 1440p game is quite playable (predefined RTX Ultra setting), but still not 60FPS, whether 2160 (4K) is quite a dissapointment for me. I'm wondering whether Thunberbolt 3 is really a bottleneck here, when GPU is jumping to around 96% of usage. I think that ther framerate should be higher though. Also disabling ray tracing helps a lot

2160p

2160p.png.e555c1f41b5df8ee6875da7d02960fbe.png

1440p

1440p.png.eb7048dd44b2771d29e827bebf2ff8b9.png

2160p no ray tracing

2160-no-rt.png

The fix worked magically for me, now getting 60fps+ outside V's apartment with max settings DLSS on Balanced (1440P).

13 hours ago, needsomeaim said:

Same issue with nearly identical setup:

Ryzen 5900x
ASUS X570-E Gaming

G.Skill 32GB 3600mhz CL16

MSI 3080 Suprim X

Samsung Standard SSD 2TB

I cannot get above 30 fps whatever i do. Low settings, changing resolution... everything will just result in the GPU usage being even lower until it start clocking down. Playing also on 1440P with GSync and have tried all mentioned fixes.

The strange thing that i noticed is, that in some areas i get close to 100 FPS but if i then move a little bit forward the frame drops like crazy. If i move back the frames go up again.This is totally unplayable atm... High-end system hitting ~25 FPS.

HighFPS.jpeg

LowFPS.jpeg

I have the exactly same issue as you, when i start the game i am instantly capped to 20fps even if ther no 3d model at the screen, when i start a game as a nomad, i'm going to some part in the desert and i can be on 90fps on medium settings but if i move boom directlty capped to 20fps and GPU usage 6%.

Depend where i am, can be at 78fps and if i move one meter on front 20fps and 5% GPU usage, i tried everything : Patch 1.04, reinstall Nvidia driver (1660 Super) twice; reinstall the game twice, HeX editor solution, nothing seem to work ... 

image.thumb.png.7bbf425eed48b8582495c7d34a96ccd4.png

image.thumb.png.cdabf21d9d6c6dc7d15080e3a9de031b.png

On 12/12/2020 at 5:58 AM, Jiehfeng said:

It's all over the place for me.

spacer.png

What program are you using in order to view this? 

44 minutes ago, CheeseGod said:

What program are you using in order to view this? 

MSI Afterburner with RivaTunerStatistics which comes with the installation of MSI Afterburner.

For any Ryzen CPU user, check out Digital Foundry latest video about CP2077 game setting,CP2077 is only using half of the thread of Ryzen CPU, basically we have to wait for CDPR to fix this issue, or dig for some game file edit threat, like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kbrsta/psa_amd_cpu_you_can_double_your_fps/gfk8af5/?context=3
(I've tried the fix with my R5 3600 & RTX 3070, getting 25% increase for FPS in crowded area in 1080p)

DF video: https://youtu.be/pC25ambD8vs?t=1253

I have the same Problem. I only got 30-40 FPS, my gpu usage is not goin over 60% of usage..

I7 8700K

Gainward RTX 3080

G.Skill 32 Gb 3000 Mhz Ram

7 hours ago, Assassin1809 said:

I have the same Problem. I only got 30-40 FPS, my gpu usage is not goin over 60% of usage..

I7 8700K

Gainward RTX 3080

G.Skill 32 Gb 3000 Mhz Ram

There aren't any known issues and fixes for Intel. It might actually be a bottleneck for you if you're on 1080p and/or using heavy DLSS but still only 60% GPU usage is crazy.

so is best thing to do is wait for update? i have the same issue with RTX3080 and R5 3600 i know it is demanding game but even with that the rtx 3080 should not have this issue at all 

On 12/13/2020 at 11:27 PM, Niecks said:

Depend where i am, can be at 78fps and if i move one meter on front 20fps and 5% GPU usage, i tried everything : Patch 1.04, reinstall Nvidia driver (1660 Super) twice; reinstall the game twice, HeX editor solution, nothing seem to work ... 

Have you found any solution?

I played a lot with different driver settings but nothing helped.

I am really concerned, because i think a majority of pc players are still able to at least play the game. For me at these framerates its simply impossible. Based on the latest news CDPR seems to be firefighting console release and PC will most likely fall a little behind when it comes to performance fixes.

I cannot refund any longer due to having used the game for more hours then Steam allows (trying different settings and so on..)

10 hours ago, needsomeaim said:

Have you found any solution?

I played a lot with different driver settings but nothing helped.

I am really concerned, because i think a majority of pc players are still able to at least play the game. For me at these framerates its simply impossible. Based on the latest news CDPR seems to be firefighting console release and PC will most likely fall a little behind when it comes to performance fixes.

I cannot refund any longer due to having used the game for more hours then Steam allows (trying different settings and so on..)

***Possible Solution***

I have read a lot and stumpled across some threads where people were able to link this to AI Suite III (ASUS software).

In case you have or had that software installed it might be related to that!

Unfortunately it seems like it requires a fresh install of windows as a simple removal will not do the job.

I might take the time to just run windows on a small SSD to see if that fixes the issue.

On 12/13/2020 at 4:02 AM, needsomeaim said:

Same issue with nearly identical setup:

Ryzen 5900x
ASUS X570-E Gaming

G.Skill 32GB 3600mhz CL16

MSI 3080 Suprim X

Samsung Standard SSD 2TB

I cannot get above 30 fps whatever i do. Low settings, changing resolution... everything will just result in the GPU usage being even lower until it start clocking down. Playing also on 1440P with GSync and have tried all mentioned fixes.

The strange thing that i noticed is, that in some areas i get close to 100 FPS but if i then move a little bit forward the frame drops like crazy. If i move back the frames go up again.This is totally unplayable atm... High-end system hitting ~25 FPS.

Just registered to say I have the exact same problem. 

• Ryzen 9 5950X, stock clocks, on water

• Asus ROG Strix X570-I

• G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16 4000mhz CL16 RAM

• Nvidia RTX 3080 Founders Edition

• 1 TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe

• Windows 10 Pro 20H2

What the hell is going on here? Here's a screenshot of me getting only 47 FPS at 4% GPU utilization

RVgNKIG.jpg

3 hours ago, Mikecom32 said:

Just registered to say I have the exact same problem. 

• Ryzen 9 5950X, stock clocks, on water

• Asus ROG Strix X570-I

• G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16 4000mhz CL16 RAM

• Nvidia RTX 3080 Founders Edition

• 1 TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe

• Windows 10 Pro 20H2

What the hell is going on here? Here's a screenshot of me getting only 47 FPS at 4% GPU utilization

RVgNKIG.jpg

Try to use MSI afterburner monitoring / openhardwaremonitor, they usually have the correct GPU usage readings.

Ryzen users are most likely bottlenecked, as game is using only half the thread, try doing both fixes below, I got double FPS by doing so.

Just now, Cody0812 said:

Try to use MSI afterburner monitoring / openhardwaremonitor, they usually have the correct GPU usage readings.

Ryzen users are most likely bottlenecked, as game is using only half the thread, try doing both fixes below, I got double FPS by doing so.

And here is a fix for RAM and VRAM config

Having what seems to be very similar to the problem described in this thread with my 3600 / 3070. Almost like theres a soft cap of 45-50 FPS.

Tried a lot; hex edit, mem pool edit, new game install, old nv drivers, close all background apps, turned off nv overlay, enabled gpu acceleration, etc, etc.

Last thing to try is windows install to I guess rule out any funky OS problem. If anyone has some sort of weird fix for their systems please post it. Waited long time for this game and 45 FPS is just about "playable" but really bugging me atm.

Edit: solution to this problem was to perform an in-line windows install ie. the windows 10 upgrade function without removing app/files. Went from 45-50 fps max to exactly where it should be! Very pleased!

10 hours ago, Cody0812 said:

I get the same results for GPU utilization with Nvidia's overlay and MSI afterburner. 

I am absolutely not thread bottlenecked on a 5950x. I have 16 physical cores, 32 threads. Implementing the SMT fix for AMDs actually results in a drop in fps despite it utilizing all 32 threads instead of only 16 or so. I'm not the only one - other AMD users with high core count CPUs see a measurable drop in performance by implementing the patch. I've tried all of the fixes you've listed, and they provide either no change or a decrease in FPS unfortunately. There is something else going on here.

EDIT: Seems like there are a ton of reports around ASUS AI Suite III. Digging into that now.

Edited by Mikecom32

2 hours ago, Mikecom32 said:

I get the same results for GPU utilization with Nvidia's overlay and MSI afterburner. 

I am absolutely not thread bottlenecked on a 5950x. I have 16 physical cores, 32 threads. Implementing the SMT fix for AMDs actually results in a drop in fps despite it utilizing all 32 threads instead of only 16 or so. I'm not the only one - other AMD users with high core count CPUs see a measurable drop in performance by implementing the patch. I've tried all of the fixes you've listed, and they provide either no change or a decrease in FPS unfortunately. There is something else going on here.

EDIT: Seems like there are a ton of reports around ASUS AI Suite III. Digging into that now.

Update - I removed AI Suite III and did an in-place reinstall of Windows and I'm at 100+ FPS, 1440p with RT. No idea what ASUS is doing with DIP that has so much of a performance dip in Cyberpunk. Nothing else seems to be affected.

18 minutes ago, Mikecom32 said:

No idea what ASUS is doing with DIP that has so much of a performance dip

Well... :P

AI Suite 3 is garbage, but not usually that much... I have it too (but on an Intel platform), will see how it goes...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Well... :P

AI Suite 3 is garbage, but not usually that much... I have it too (but on an Intel platform), will see how it goes...

Good luck! Interestingly I hadn't noticed any issues with other games, but it absolutely fixed the issue with Cyberpunk.

13 hours ago, Mikecom32 said:

Good luck! Interestingly I hadn't noticed any issues with other games, but it absolutely fixed the issue with Cyberpunk.

OK doesn't seem to be a problem there, just got my 3080 and it runs as expected, 50-75fps in RT Ultra preset at 4K, even with my 6 year old 5960x :P

AI Shit 3 still gives me 2 crash messages at every boot though. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Even though the AMD fix kinda worked for me, reading your replies suggest I'm getting lesser performance and I also have a 3080 and a 3600X. I get about 50fps outside V's apartment, and the lowest dip in some very demanding areas of the city gives 40fps, other areas give 60-70fps. This is max settings 1440P Balanced DLSS.

18 hours ago, Mikecom32 said:

Update - I removed AI Suite III and did an in-place reinstall of Windows and I'm at 100+ FPS, 1440p with RT. No idea what ASUS is doing with DIP that has so much of a performance dip in Cyberpunk. Nothing else seems to be affected.

I don't have AI Suite III, and I recently reinstalled cleanly Windows 10 Pro. I'm nowhere near 100+ fps, this sucks. :(

EDIT: Are your settings on max btw? Maybe I could get such fps if I lower settings.

This is how my performance looks like:

It seems to be in line with this guy's, but nowhere near what you guys are reporting. Check 12:56 :

6 hours ago, Jiehfeng said:

Even though the AMD fix kinda worked for me, reading your replies suggest I'm getting lesser performance and I also have a 3080 and a 3600X. I get about 50fps outside V's apartment, and the lowest dip in some very demanding areas of the city gives 40fps, other areas give 60-70fps. This is max settings 1440P Balanced DLSS.

I don't have AI Suite III, and I recently reinstalled cleanly Windows 10 Pro. I'm nowhere near 100+ fps, this sucks. :(

EDIT: Are your settings on max btw? Maybe I could get such fps if I lower settings.

This is how my performance looks like:

It seems to be in line with this guy's, but nowhere near what you guys are reporting. Check 12:56 :

There are a few things you need to turn down that are performance heavy with little to no visual benefit. Watch a few of the optimized settings videos (Digital Foundry and/or Hardware Unboxed) and adjust accordingly. 

EDIT: Also the 100+ FPS is generally during less busy scenes. I'm not getting 100 FPS standing in the middle of a busy street.