Cyberpunk Horribly low FPS (3080)

wow if you have to hex edit your game to make it think it runs on Intel...

Btw the patcher is down for me ...that's sus! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

18 hours ago, ByteRoster said:

Chiming in to report very similar results as you guys. 

R5 5600X
Strix 3080
1440p

FPS cannot sustain 60 even with DLSS, often dipping into the 40s running at Ultra, regardless of Raytracing is on or off, regardless of which DLSS quality preset I choose.

Strangely, even if I reduce the quality to Low and reduce my resolution to 1024 x 768 in a tiny little window, my framerate remains the same while my GPU usage plummets, as if the game is STRICTLY targeting a very specific band of FPS independent to graphics settings or resolution. It will peak into the 70s with abysmally low GPU utilization. V-Sync disabled, no frame cap in place, nothing else on my PC controlling framerates or framecaps. I don't fucking know what's going on, but my GPU isn't being leveraged, nor is my CPU pegged. SO what gives? I should br running at hundreds of FPS in a tiny-ass window in the middle of the desert, and...nothing.

Running at Ultra w/ maxed out RTX settings, my GPU does reach 100% utilization, but my FPS is just as bad regardless of which quality preset I choose, especially in densely populated scenes. Driving around is hopeless, FPS plummets to the 40s consistently. 

Watching benchmarking videos baffles me. How can these people get so many different results with quality presets on a 3080, and I'm...running nearly identical performance no matter what I change, even in a tiny window at low settings. I feel that something is really wrong. Going to do a complete reinstall of the game, my drivers, everything.

did reinstall help?

4 hours ago, Tristerin said:

This is a correct statement based on my observations around the web.

Looks like reddit fixed it! 

it's an Intel "ICC" thing apparently, ring any bells? 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

23 minutes ago, SgtHeisenberg said:

Does it work for you too?

Yo guys i have the same issues, but im not sure where to change it and how it works. can someone prob give me a tip or a photo where i open this HXD?

7 minutes ago, Darkshadlok said:

Yo guys i have the same issues, but im not sure where to change it and how it works. can someone prob give me a tip or a photo where i open this HXD?

you need to download it 

https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

then open the bin file (refer to the reddit thread) find the line you have to change, "highlight" the number you need to change, change it (its important to highlight, if you get an error / warning you did it wrong most likely) 

hit "save" 

it'll save and make a backup of the original file, also very important in case you messed up or it doesn't work. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

you need to download it 

then open the bin file (refer to the reddit thread) find the line you have to change, "highlight" the number you need to change, change it (its important to highlight, if you get an ereo/ warning you did it wrong most likely) 

hit "save" 

it'll save and make a backup of the original file, also very important in case you messed up or it doesn't work. 

Ok ty ill try that🙌

15 minutes ago, Darkshadlok said:

Ok ty ill try that🙌

good luck! take it slowly, it may seem daunting but it's not that hard, finding the right string is probably the most difficult part. 

It's a very powerful tool, here's my first hex edit ever, changed the guy from Yakuza 0 to this 🤭

1071754628_MomokoOutrun.thumb.png.61575fefb01fd93480c392e30895d590.png

Still talked and walked like a dude tho!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

38 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

good luck! take it slowly, it may seem daunting but it's not that hard, finding the right string is probably the most difficult part. 

It's a very powerful tool, here's my first hex edit ever, changed the guy from Yakuza 0 to this 🤭

1071754628_MomokoOutrun.thumb.png.61575fefb01fd93480c392e30895d590.png

Still talked and walked like a dude tho!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

haha yeah im trying to =P it worked for u in cyberpunk?^^

Brand new build I put together yesterday and no matter what settings I use I can't get above 30fps on 1440p GSYNC display.

Tried the HEX fix and CPU usage did go up but not fps in game, other games run fine and get 100% usage on GPU.

Specs:

Ryzen 5900x

ASUS X570-I Strix

Trident Z 32GB 3600mhz CL17

Asus TUF OC RTX3080

Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

you need to download it 

then open the bin file (refer to the reddit thread) find the line you have to change, "highlight" the number you need to change, change it (its important to highlight, if you get an error / warning you did it wrong most likely) 

hit "save" 

ok next question i downloaded the HCD but i dont get i it how to get the bin file in it haha

2 hours ago, SgtHeisenberg said:

A redditor seems to have found a simple way to allow Ryzen CPUs to use SMT correctly and therefore reduce the bottleneck by allowing the game to use all threads more evenly:

I haven't been able to test it myself yet but seems like a lot of people have much better CPU utilization among all threads now and much better frame times and fps as a result.

Here are my results. CPU usage went up, it's using all cores/threads but GPU usage and FPS are pretty much the same. How can this be? Screenshot with 56FPS is on low preset and the screenshot with 52FPS is on ultra preset, no DLSS or RT on both. Specs are RTX 2060 Super, Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM, SATA SSD, 1080p monitor. The screenshots from my last post on page 2 are from version 1.03 without hex edit white these are on 1.04 with hex edit.

1863079509_unknown(3).png

691999882_unknown(2).png

2 hours ago, Jonanien said:

This man saved my life

1 hour ago, SgtHeisenberg said:

Does it work for you too?

can confirm this works very well on my rig (AMD Ryzen only solution)

40 minutes ago, Darkshadlok said:

ok next question i downloaded the HCD but i dont get i it how to get the bin file in it haha

Open the game directory folder where the game is installed, then open the bin folder there, then the x64 folder. Copy the Cyberpunk2077.exe from that folder to your desktop, then open the HxD program and drag and drop the .exe file from your desktop into the empty grey space in the program. Then hit ctrl+F and choose Hex-values in the menu. Paste 75 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08 there and press OK. It will find and select that value. You need to change the selected value to EB 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08, since it's already selected for you, just paste it on top of it. Lastly copy and paste the changed .exe back to the game folder>bin>x64 and overwrite the original .exe

You can also copy the original Cyberpunk2077.exe somewhere else as a backup.

14 minutes ago, DustRaider8 said:

Open the game directory folder where the game is installed, then open the bin folder there, then the x64 folder. Copy the Cyberpunk2077.exe from that folder to your desktop, then open the HxD program and drag and drop the .exe file from your desktop into the empty grey space in the program. Then hit ctrl+F and choose Hex-values in the menu. Paste 75 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08 there and press OK. It will find and select that value. You need to change the selected value to EB 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08, since it's already selected for you, just paste it on top of it. Lastly copy and paste the changed .exe back to the game folder>bin>x64 and overwrite the original .exe

so need i to copy the yellow icon ? i find nowhere the exe. like u said? and need i to delete it after i copied it in my desktop?

image.png.98f84e2cac18ffe2cc9b81f02cb8c376.png

56 minutes ago, Darkshadlok said:

20 minutes ago, DustRaider8 said:

I always either right click > open with > HxD or I already have the files I use it for associated with HxD. 

But yeah make a backup before you do anything can't hurt! Tho as said HxD should make a backup during saving, idk if that needs to be enabled though first, it should be on at default though iirc 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Finally got to test the Hex edit myself and definitely worked very well for me (3080 and Ryzen 5 3600). In the middle of the streets my performance went up by about 15% and walking through Kabuki market which was horrible before got me more than 30% more fps with the edit. Overall CPU utilization is almost double now and pretty even between all threads, GPU utilization also went up from around 80-85% to 96-98% so I'm finally GPU bound as it seems. Frame time is still a bit inconsistent but much better than before as well.

Overall I gotta say though, it's pretty crazy how CPU demanding Ray Tracing is in this game and how much just quickly moving the camera from left to right in the city causes frame time and fps to drop (doesn't bother me anymore as it stays above 60 now but still).

5 minutes ago, Darkshadlok said:

so need i to copy the yellow icon ? i find nowhere the exe. like u said? and need i to delete it after i copied it in my desktop?

image.png.98f84e2cac18ffe2cc9b81f02cb8c376.png

Die Anwendungsdatei, die du im Screenshot angeklickt hast ist schon die richtige, die einfach in das HxD Fenster ziehen. Brauchst sie nicht extra auf den Desktop kopieren. Unter nachher bloß nicht löschen, sondern in HxD speichern, nachdem du die Code-Zeile getauscht hast, das war es dann schon.

8 minutes ago, Darkshadlok said:

find nowhere the exe

I believe this is the exe, you just don't have file extensions turned on, it's default off in windows... 

I don't have the game lol so I can't tell you for certain but that's what it looks like to me 🤔

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, SgtHeisenberg said:

Die Anwendungsdatei, die du im Screenshot angeklickt hast ist schon die richtige, die einfach in das HxD Fenster ziehen. Brauchst sie nicht extra auf den Desktop kopieren. Unter nachher bloß nicht löschen, sondern in HxD speichern, nachdem du die Code-Zeile getauscht hast, das war es dann schon.

achso ups ich hab die rausgezogen und gelöscht nun startet nix mehr xD- hab sie aber auf nem USB gespeichert....mach das jetzt wies du gesagt hast nochma von vorne 

daaaanke kenn mich mit dem scheiss net so gut aus wie ihr alle^^

6 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I believe this is the exe, you just don't have file extensions turned on, it's default off in windows... 

I don't have the game lol so I can't tell you for certain but that's what it looks like to me 🤔

7 minutes ago, SgtHeisenberg said:

Also hier die ersten beiden Buchstaben auf EB ändern und dann save klicken und spiel starten hab ich das richtig verstanden?image.png.a17d4e0989f244d16f8f48cb00d738f9.png

16 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

so now i just change the first to letters save it and run the game again?

image.png.a17d4e0989f244d16f8f48cb00d738f9.png

17 minutes ago, Darkshadlok said:

Also hier die ersten beiden Buchstaben auf EB ändern und dann save klicken und spiel starten hab ich das richtig verstanden?image.png.a17d4e0989f244d16f8f48cb00d738f9.png

Genau!

1 minute ago, SgtHeisenberg said:

Genau!

naja hab ich gemacht, ändert aber leider an den FPS nix =( hab zur sicherheit dann die neu editierte exe. wieder in den HxD reingezogen um zu überprufen ob es auch tatsöchlich übernommen wurde - hat es übernommen. leider aber trotzdem nicht geholfe. trotzdem Vielen Dank für die Hilfe.

image.png.14c319d588bbd8393f4f5346d9cd6fca.png

So i did the exe. editing with tve HxD. The CPU is now on all cores around the same percent of usage ( 55%-70%).  But the GPU is still just on 45-60% usage. And the FPS are also not better. 

Hope cdpr fix thisshit soon. 

11 hours ago, ronnieb555 said:

Brand new build I put together yesterday and no matter what settings I use I can't get above 30fps on 1440p GSYNC display.

Tried the HEX fix and CPU usage did go up but not fps in game, other games run fine and get 100% usage on GPU.

Specs:

Ryzen 5900x

ASUS X570-I Strix

Trident Z 32GB 3600mhz CL17

Asus TUF OC RTX3080

Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

Same issue with nearly identical setup:

Ryzen 5900x
ASUS X570-E Gaming

G.Skill 32GB 3600mhz CL16

MSI 3080 Suprim X

Samsung Standard SSD 2TB

I cannot get above 30 fps whatever i do. Low settings, changing resolution... everything will just result in the GPU usage being even lower until it start clocking down. Playing also on 1440P with GSync and have tried all mentioned fixes.

The strange thing that i noticed is, that in some areas i get close to 100 FPS but if i then move a little bit forward the frame drops like crazy. If i move back the frames go up again.This is totally unplayable atm... High-end system hitting ~25 FPS.

HighFPS.jpeg

LowFPS.jpeg