Cyberpunk Horribly low FPS (3080)

Most of you are saying your gpu usage is the issue however mine is worse, my cpu is at 100% all the time despite playing at ultra/1080p. I can't figure out the problem & the only thing that comes to mind Is either a bottleneck or my cpu (i78700k) is weak. 

Ever since the AMD fix, I've been getting 90%+ usage on both CPU and GPU, though it varies for the CPU, but it does go above 90% at times.

EDIT: And DLSS works as intended, all my problems were probably AMD threads not being utilized.

Patch 1.05 officially also fixes the AMD issue, and should yield better performance for CPUs with 6 cores and less. The memory .csv "fix" was placebo all along, never worked for me so guess I didn't get the placebo. The update will come "soon" for PC. Here's the patch notes:

PC-specific

• [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
  • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
  • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
  • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
  • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
  • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

18 hours ago, Jiehfeng said:

Patch 1.05 officially also fixes the AMD issue, and should yield better performance for CPUs with 6 cores and less. The memory .csv "fix" was placebo all along, never worked for me so guess I didn't get the placebo. The update will come "soon" for PC. Here's the patch notes:

While this solves the issue for 4- and 6-core CPUs, it does nothing for 8-core CPUs. In fact, they are kind of more screwed since the unofficial fix no longer works as of patch 1.05. Bummer!

8 hours ago, PusheenKill said:

While this solves the issue for 4- and 6-core CPUs, it does nothing for 8-core CPUs. In fact, they are kind of more screwed since the unofficial fix no longer works as of patch 1.05. Bummer!

Oof, that sucks. I thankfully got a 6 core so I see no difference with the unofficial fix and the new patch, but I guess it must be worse for you guys. Something in the fix probably messes with the possible hex edit.

Might not be able to tell by the compression but Red light is maxed out Psycho RT 1440P and runs around 37FPS and Green light is lowest possible settings with RT off and DLSS at Max Performance, running at a LOWER FPS... CPU and GPU usage barely over half way.. Started happening after the latest patch. Couldn't find an answer why

LOWESTSETTINGS.thumb.png.b4cc486ead677ddb851012a2008ebe48.pngRTMAXEDOUT.thumb.png.e8aecd9ca636efac3ad491f97c670510.png

So..im pretty much getting what the second video is shown on the previous page....its a stuttery mess in the city... no one found a fix yet?  its crazy..

1 hour ago, Spell3ound said:

So..im pretty much getting what the second video is shown on the previous page....its a stuttery mess in the city... no one found a fix yet?  its crazy..

Well they did, then CDPR "fixed" it and now the fix doesn't work anymore! 🤣

YGWYPF! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 12/10/2020 at 9:36 PM, CheeseGod said:

taskm2.PNG

check the processes tab for if the game takes 100% of that

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

5 hours ago, LOST TALE said:

check the processes tab for if the game takes 100% of that

It does, it's all going towards the game even though my settings are at max. Getting about 90-110fps average. I'm gaming at 1080p but that shouldn't cause it to always be at 100%. 

This might not be a fix for everyone but it worked for me! (Found off a cyberpunk forum):

Head to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/ then download and run the Windows 10 installation media. It seems as though the latest Cyberpunk patch screwed with Windows and locked my FPS no matter what settings I had on. Once I ran a refresh of Windows it fixed it! Sitting at a comfy 110FPS now