Cyberpunk Horribly low FPS (3080)

3 minutes ago, Sekiberius said:

So, the game isn't dividing tasks between cores properly and is slapping all the performance heavy tasks on a single core?
That'd explain quite a bit.

How would you fix that? 

4 minutes ago, CheeseGod said:

How would you fix that? 

CDPR would have to fix it on their end if it is indeed the case.

On 12/10/2020 at 10:50 PM, CheeseGod said:

It's strange because I just got on now and my frames are fine, not as good as they're supposed to be but they're sitting around 90-110, one thing I'm noticing however is they're dropping the longer I play the game, they dropped all the way to 50fps. 

from what ive experienced when i used DDU on my 3060ti the first 2-3 time i ran a game the fps was low and around the forth try my frame rates returned to what they should be i think its like a getting use to that game type of thing at least with my experience 

45 minutes ago, CheeseGod said:

How would you fix that? 

also when i was having the issue my cpu was also at 100% 

15 hours ago, Toiletnopaper said:

Low FPS, low GPU CPU utilization. No matter what settings I use (Medium/High), it stays within the 30-60 FPS range.

Hardware:

* CPU: Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 3700 Mhz

* GPU: RTX 3080 AORUS

* RAM: 16GB

* STORAGE: SSD 3TB

* RESOLUTION (+ TARGET FPS): 3440 x 1440

* PLATFORM: Steam

GPU Clock: 1900Mhz
GPU utilization:10-30%
CPU Clock: 3966 MHz
CPU utilization: 40-50%

I tried using Windows update, using DDU to reinstall drivers, installing driver through GeForce experience, installing driver by downloading it from the site, installing driver in C and D drive, installing the game in C and D drive, installing GeForce experience, not installing GeForce experience, using G sync, turning off G sync, turning on/off Max FPS, setting Nvidia Control Panel for CP2077 programs with various recommendations on Youtube.

This is driving me absolutely nuts that the FPS usually floats around 30-60 FPS, not playable in gun fights.

I have exactly the same issue and have I also tried the DDU 3 times and installing the drivers directly (without GeForce Experience).

GPU: RTX 3080 EVGA FTW3
CPU: Ryzen 3600X
RAM: 16 GB
Resolution: 1080, 1440p or 4K, RTX-ON, RTX-OFF, it makes no difference...it runs between only 45 fps and 55 fps

I got to this topic while trying to fix the exact same issue myself with fps being stuck at around 40 no metter what setting or resolution i chose. I found a solution that might help some of you people posting here. Especially people who noticed their CPU together with GPU underperforming while playing the game.

Edit: turns out its a solution for Intel only.

In my case it turned out to be "AVX Instructions Core Ratio Negative Offset" in bios settings. Having high value for this setting makes CPU work slower during rendering (and in my case running Cyberpunk). After changing its value to 2 my CPU now works ot its full potential with the game and GPU finally works to 100% and i have stable 60 FPS on ultra settings. Hope it help some of you guys. Have fun. :)

P.S. Ofc you make all the changes at your own risk. I would recommend reading on what that feature does before chaning anything.

After my previous post, I've tried the ultimate fix methode. I've formated my computer and made a clean istall of windows along with all new drivers... Somehow it seems to have fix it. The game runs at a stable 80FPS with dippings at 70FPS in crowded areas at ultra setting and ultra RT. My game was running at 40FPS previously, regardless of my settings.

But now, I can tell you that its using CPU space because my cooler is running wild.

GPU: RTX 3080 MSI Gaming X Trio
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900XT

Resolution : 1440p native on 27inch monitor ( G-sync on) 144hz

32 minutes ago, AnvilBear said:

I got to this topic while trying to fix the exact same issue myself with fps being stuck at around 40 no metter what setting or resolution i chose. I found a solution that might help some of you people posting here. Especially people who noticed their CPU together with GPU underperforming while playing the game.

In my case it turned out to be "AVX Instructions Core Ratio Negative Offset" in bios settings. Having high value for this setting makes CPU work slower during rendering (and in my case running Cyberpunk). After changing its value to 2 my CPU now works ot its full potential with the game and GPU finally works to 100% and i have stable 60 FPS on ultra settings. Hope it help some of you guys. Have fun. :)

P.S. Ofc you make all the changes at your own risk. I would recommend reading on what that feature does before chaning anything.

Going to try this. Wish me luck. Looks like this isn't an option on AMD?

5 minutes ago, hheb345 said:

After my previous post, I've tried the ultimate fix methode. I've formated my computer and made a clean istall of windows along with all new drivers... Somehow it seems to have fix it. The game runs at a stable 80FPS with dippings at 70FPS in crowded areas at ultra setting and ultra RT. My game was running at 40FPS previously, regardless of my settings.

But now, I can tell you that its using CPU space because my cooler is running wild.

Not going to try this unless others report success. Reinstalling Windows just because a game launched in a broken state is...insanity.

33 minutes ago, AnvilBear said:

Are you using an Intel CPU? Cause I think that's an Intel only setting.

2 hours ago, hheb345 said:

Interesting, I'm tempted to try a new install but it seems like too much work. Anyone here who wants to try it out and do god's work?

4 hours ago, hheb345 said:

Yeah I just now installed a fresh copy of Windows and still no luck. So guys DO NOT TRY THIS, I took the plunge and tried it myself and it didn't work, so it may or may not work for you.

Btw how are your CPUs utilizing their threads? I can post a screenshot later but for me (Ryzen 5 3600) it's usually four threads that are utilized 80% or more while the other's are chilling, overall CPU usage is mostly at about 46%, only if I crank up every single setting and use DLSS quality or balanced it goes below 40% utlization and the GPU utilization goes up but obviously that costs way too much performance. Is that kind of utilization between threads normal? I quickly checked the distribution in RDR2 and it's much more even there, overall CPU is between 30 and 40% and so are all threads.

CPU bottlenecking can't really be the answer since some of us got stronger CPUs and still the same problem while other's got the same CPU and no problems at all. What I'm wondering is can it really be the game if the same build works just fine for some people?

32 minutes ago, SgtHeisenberg said:

Btw how are your CPUs utilizing their threads? I can post a screenshot later but for me (Ryzen 5 3600) it's usually four threads that are utilized 80% or more while the other's are chilling, overall CPU usage is mostly at about 46%, only if I crank up every single setting and use DLSS quality or balanced it goes below 40% utlization and the GPU utilization goes up but obviously that costs way too much performance. Is that kind of utilization between threads normal? I quickly checked the distribution in RDR2 and it's much more even there, overall CPU is between 30 and 40% and so are all threads.

CPU bottlenecking can't really be the answer since some of us got stronger CPUs and still the same problem while other's got the same CPU and no problems at all. What I'm wondering is can it really be the game if the same build works just fine for some people?

It's all over the place for me.

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, Jiehfeng said:

It's all over the place for me.

spacer.png

Looks basically exactly like mine.I think this is the problem: I've seen people on Twitter saying that the game doesn't use SMT with some CPUs so essentially it's only using 6 threads and therefore causing a crazy CPU bottleneck. Would make sense since half of your threads are utilized a lot and the rest is kind of doing nothing. That's also why the overall CPU utilization isn't that high, only half of it is working.

The question is will a patch fix it or not? Because I've seen people with the same system specs not having these problems so maybe it's some setting in our system causing it? No idea, I'm not really a CPU expert...

The new patch 1.04 did nothing for my in terms of performance improvements

Just read through the thread - for AMD CPU's if thats the case then disable SMT and does this lift performance?

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

6 hours ago, DustRaider8 said:

Are you using an Intel CPU? Cause I think that's an Intel only setting.

Appologies guys, was very late at my place. Should have mentioned it is indeed an Intel CPU. Also seems like it is a Kaby Lake exclusive feature although not sure about that.

7 hours ago, AnvilBear said:

2 hours ago, SgtHeisenberg said:

My cpu is not fully utilizing 9 of my 24 threads, 9 of them are anywhere from 0% to 5%

1 hour ago, SgtHeisenberg said:

Looks basically exactly like mine.I think this is the problem: I've seen people on Twitter saying that the game doesn't use SMT with some CPUs so essentially it's only using 6 threads and therefore causing a crazy CPU bottleneck. Would make sense since half of your threads are utilized a lot and the rest is kind of doing nothing. That's also why the overall CPU utilization isn't that high, only half of it is working.

The question is will a patch fix it or not? Because I've seen people with the same system specs not having these problems so maybe it's some setting in our system causing it? No idea, I'm not really a CPU expert...

I think a patch could fix all our problems, only thing is I wonder if CD Projekt Red is even aware of this issue.

34 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Just read through the thread - for AMD CPU's if thats the case then disable SMT and does this lift performance?

I think you're on to something! Just disabled it and I'm getting higher CPU utilization, but the FPS is more or less the same.

spacer.png

The FPS looks a little higher here because at the time there were fewer NPCs, when I booted the game again I was getting about 47fps when there were more NPCs, and the GPU utilization around 70%.

29 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

I will try later but I've seen people say the performance problems are due to the game not utilizing SMT and that's what it seems like for me, only 6 out of the 12 threads get used, the rest doesn't. I don't know a lot about CPUs though to be fair, just know that it is bottlenecking me like crazy in this game and it shouldn't (at least not this much).

2 minutes ago, SgtHeisenberg said:

I will try later but I've seen people say the performance problems are due to the game not utilizing SMT and that's what it seems like for me, only 6 out of the 12 threads get used, the rest doesn't. I don't know a lot about CPUs though to be fair, just know that it is bottlenecking me like crazy in this game and it shouldn't (at least not this much).

I turned SMT off and my performance is better and more stable. CPU usage is breaking 50 and sometimes reaches 80% now.
Walking around, instead of dips into the 50 it's dips into the high 60's and recovers much faster.

1 minute ago, Jiehfeng said:

I think a patch could fix all our problems, only thing is I wonder if CD Projekt Red is even aware of this issue.

I think you're on to something! Just disabled it and I'm getting higher CPU utilization, but the FPS is more or less the same.

spacer.png

I think that's just because the overall CPU usage doesn't factor in the threads that didn't really do anything before anyways. We'd need some way to make the game use all threads and not just half of it but no idea if that's even something we can change.

I also think a patch could help but then again, some people with the same setups don't have the problem, it's so weird.

1 minute ago, SgtHeisenberg said:

Shouldnt is super subjective.  You mean, you expect your hardware to be capable of the calculations thrown at it.  Unfortunately, this game is not optimized well at all based on the amount of threads here, and elsewhere on this topic with hardware higher end than what you have.

The software has to work well, just as much as the hardware. 

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Just now, Tristerin said:

Shouldnt is super subjective.  You mean, you expect your hardware to be capable of the calculations thrown at it.  Unfortunately, this game is not optimized well at all based on the amount of threads here, and elsewhere on this topic with hardware higher end than what you have.

The software has to work well, just as much as the hardware. 

I know what you mean but 'shouldn't' isn't based on my expectations but more on actual benchmarks of other people with the same hardware who get much better performance.

Just now, SgtHeisenberg said:

I know what you mean but 'shouldn't' isn't based on my expectations but more on actual benchmarks of other people with the same hardware who get much better performance.

Same resolution, exact same settings?  Same ram configuration?  

Based on what I just read in the last 5 minutes on this thread, is that disabling SMT increased per core usage being used.  Makes sense.  Now we have increased frames with higher lows and less recovery.  Makes sense.  Now lets increase our lows - what is your infinity fabric settings and RAM frequency and CL?  Tighten this all up and we can continue to overcome the software issue with hardware optimization.