Is my PC bottle necking?

Hi there,

I don t know if im writting this topic where is supposed to be, but i hope i can get some answers (pretty please).

I am wondering if my pc is bottle necking. I will write down my specs bellow:

CPU: I5 9600K

COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060 SUPER

MB: Asus Prime Z390P

RAM: 8x2 GB 3200 MHZ KLEVV

SSD: ADATA SU630 240 GB (OS)

SSD LEXAR PROFESSIONAL NM700 M.2 2280 1TB (Where i keep my games)

I also have a WD BLUE HDD 1TB (idk its name).

MONITOR: MSI OPTIX G24 144 GHZ (G-SYNC WITH FREE SYNC ACTIVATED)

Now, im having troubles during gaming, more exactly, when im playing COD Warzone. I have about 130-140 fps depending on the area where i am, but from time to time I see some lag spikes, like stuttering which is annoying. Now, my temps are about 70-75 on all cores, maybe 78 top during Warzone. 

I also see some spikes/stutterings when I play RDR 2 (which is cracked, not original) for the first 5 minutes, but after that everything is fine, like my pc takes some time to stretch it self.

I also overclocked my cpu at 5ghz.

My cpu has 100% utilisation during gaming (which i don t know if its bad or not).  

I am wondering what is wrong with my pc, cuz i don t know if its supposed to lag at any time.

Also, my internet is shitty (I live in UK and i have the shittiest internet - Talk Talk).

Apart from my internet provider, what could it be?

Bad overclocking? Maybe i didn t set the values well?

My cpu is bottle necking because of the gpu or vice-versa?

What should I check? How do I check if my pc is bottlenecking?

I also mention that i just bought the 1tb SSD and i just transferred the games from the HDD from SSD, i didn t reinstall them on the new device.

Sorry if my narative is all over the place, but im too tired to concentrate. Hope you can understand what i ve written without getting a headache.

Can you please help me?

Thank you!

Alex.

This CPU should not sit at 100% during games. I also have a 5600X 6-core and it's at 30-40% in most games. You probably have a lot of background processes running. Check your utilization while sitting at the desktop. When your CPU is at 100% while gaming then this is indeed a bottleneck. I don't really see a 5.0GHz OCed 9600K bottlenecking any gaming system anytime soon.

Just another thought: When downloading cracked games the risk of getting viruses, malware, etc. is very high. Maybe that's your problem.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

This CPU should not sit at 100% during games. I also have a 5600X 6-core and it's at 30-40% in most games. You probably have a lot of background processes running. Check your utilization while sitting at the desktop. When your CPU is at 100% while gaming then this is indeed a bottleneck. I don't really see a 5.0GHz OCed 9600K bottlenecking any gaming system anytime soon.

Just another thought: When downloading cracked games the risk of getting viruses, malware, etc. is very high. Maybe that's your problem.

yes, download malwarebytes, check for viruses, but the 6 threads may be a slight bottleneck. What res do you play on

6 hours ago, Ankh Tech said:

yes, download malwarebytes, check for viruses, but the 6 threads may be a slight bottleneck. What res do you play on

At 1080P

6 hours ago, Ankh Tech said:

Maybe my OC is wrong?

6 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Sitting in desktop and doing nothing the utilisation is between 2% - 15%

About the viruses because of cracked games. I ve downloaded it from a legit website, but anyway, even before downloading that, my cpu had 100% during warzone..

5 minutes ago, ImBl0ndu said:

Sitting in desktop and doing nothing the utilisation is between 2% - 15%

About the viruses because of cracked games. I ve downloaded it from a legit website, but anyway, even before downloading that, my cpu had 100% during warzone..

tried lowering down the settings. At 1080p the cpu is the largest bottleneck, and 6 threads isn't enough these days. what are your opinions @Stahlmann

17 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

tried lowering down the settings. At 1080p the cpu is the largest bottleneck, and 6 threads isn't enough these days. what are your opinions @Stahlmann

im not sure if this cpu is supposed to lamentate during games, at least, not for now. 

Worth to mention, cuz from what i ve read, its important what load i have on each cores, so when i had 5.0 ghz oc, every core had 90% to 100% load (using core temp), but now, i lowed the frequency to the turbo speed and i can see in core temp that the load per core was lower, between 70-80 and sometimes 90% for a couple of seconds. I also noticed that i din t have any spikes, except for 1 time. 

Viruses? 

Maybe my rams are broken?

Maybe my oc wasn t done well?

Just now, ImBl0ndu said:

im not sure if this cpu is supposed to lamentate during games, at least, not for now. 

Worth to mention, cuz from what i ve read, its important what load i have on each cores, so when i had 5.0 ghz oc, every core had 90% to 100% load (using core temp), but now, i lowed the frequency to the turbo speed and i can see in core temp that the load per core was lower, between 70-80 and sometimes 90% for a couple of seconds. I also noticed that i din t have any spikes, except for 1 time. 

Viruses? 

Maybe my rams are broken?

Maybe my oc wasn t done well?

yes try running for a while without oc, or try undervolting

14 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

yes try running for a while without oc, or try undervolting

ok, i will try to use the default speed to see what im getting. 

Undervolting doesn t work for me at 5ghz. The best voltage i had was 1.350. Trying to go lower than that causes problems in Inter Burn and also my pc fails if i go lower. 

Just now, ImBl0ndu said:

ok, i will try to use the default speed to see what im getting. 

Undervolting doesn t work for me at 5ghz. The best voltage i had was 1.350. Trying to go lower than that causes problems in Inter Burn and also my pc fails if i go lower. 

do you oc using intel tuning or bios?

7 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

do you oc using intel tuning or bios?

the bios. Should i try intel tuning?

7 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Not really, this i5 doesn't have hyperthreading, my old 8400 did stay at 100% all the time even the i5 10600K stays at 80-90% on AAA games.

7 hours ago, ImBl0ndu said:

My cpu has 100% utilisation during gaming (which i don t know if its bad or not). 

This is your bottleneck, my old i5 8400 was always  at 100% while gaming, this produces stuttering mostly on bad optimized games.

The only thing you can do is to try to overclock even more.

i7 10700k @ 5.05 Ghz

Corsair H100i pro XT 240mm

MSI z490 tomahawk

16 Gb (2 x 8 GB) Patriot Viper Steel - 4000mhz - 16-16-16-34

MSI 1070TI titanium

1 minute ago, EspinalAndres said:

Not really, this i5 is doesn't have hyperthreading, my old 8400 did stay at 100% all the time.

This is your bottleneck, my old i5 8400 was always  at 100% while gaming, this produces stuttering mostly on bad optimized games.

So should i go for an AMD? 

What cpu should i go for? 

I am looking for a cpu in the price range of 200 pounds. 

Like i sell my mobo and my cpu. 

The cpu was brand new from ebay and i payed 135 pounds for it and in stores is 180-190 pounds and the mobo is around 100.

What should i buy instead?

6 minutes ago, ImBl0ndu said:

the bios. Should i try intel tuning?

well it won't help either, try it, but I am almost sure it is the cpu bottleneck. If I were you I'd wait for stock to settle and get a 5600x and a 6800 xt and then , never worry about lag for a long time

Just now, Ankh Tech said:

well it won't help either, try it, but I am almost sure it is the cpu bottleneck. If I were you I'd wait for stock to settle and get a 5600x and a 6800 xt and then , never worry about lag for a long time

and if i was to buy an AMD cpu right now at the same price point, like 200 pounds/dollars or whatever currency, what should i go for? And what mobo around 100 pounds as well.

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, ImBl0ndu said:

So should i go for an AMD? 

What cpu should i go for?

imo i was really tired of getting constant stuttering which is extremely bad for fps online games (which is the only type of games I play) tha's why i changed my cpu, but for offline games 6/6 cores is totally ok.

if this is your case, I will reccommed the amd 5600x, but 6/12 for me is too tigh  (80% to 90% utilization on AAA), so personally i would go for the 5800x although everybody recommends the 5600x.

i7 10700k @ 5.05 Ghz

MSI z490 tomahawk

MSI 1070TI titanium

2 minutes ago, EspinalAndres said:

imo i was really tired of getting constant stuttering which is extremely bad for fps online games (which is the only type of games I play) tha's why i changed my cpu, but for offline games 6/6 cores is totally ok.

if this is your case, I will reccommed the amd 5600x, but 6/12 for me is too tigh  (80% to 90% utilization on AAA), so personally i would go for the 5800x although everybody recommends the 5600x.

amd is out of stock..

Should i go for an i7 9700k or its not worth it? Im not looking to change my computer every month.

Honestly, i wanted to go for and amd 3600, but then i got the deal on ebay for 9600k... guess i played myself

1 minute ago, ImBl0ndu said:

amd is out of stock..

Should i go for an i7 9700k or its not worth it? Im not looking to change my computer every month.

Honestly, i wanted to go for and amd 3600, but then i got the deal on ebay for 9600k... guess i played myself

I would wait definitely.

i7 10700k @ 5.05 Ghz

MSI z490 tomahawk

MSI 1070TI titanium

11 hours ago, ImBl0ndu said:

and if i was to buy an AMD cpu right now at the same price point, like 200 pounds/dollars or whatever currency, what should i go for? And what mobo around 100 pounds as well.

Thank you!

well right now the 3600/x is your best bet, but for 224 pounds, when stock settles, you can get a 5600x, with a huge performance boost, maybe the 5600 too if that comes out, As for motherboard, maybe a b550 tomahawk

12 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

well right now the 3600/x is your best bet, but for 224 pounds, when stock settles, you can get a 5600x, with a huge performance boost, maybe the 5600 too if that comes out, As for motherboard, maybe a b550 tomahawk

"Huge" performance boost, lol.

Also the B550 Tomahawk is definitely not 100 quid.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mateyyy said:

"Huge" performance boost, lol.

Also the B550 Tomahawk is definitely not 100 quid.

well, on pcpp it is 140 usd, quick math says that is 105 gbp so, and btw it is huge, the 5600x beats the 10900k

Just now, Ankh Tech said:

well, on pcpp it is 140 usd, quick math says that is 105 gbp so, and btw it is huge, the 5600x beats the 10900k

Quick math says that prices are different all around the world. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08B4V583Q

And btw it isn't "huge" enough to outweigh the price hike from the 3600. Sure it might be fast, but not almost 100 quid faster.

The 5600X beats the 10900K? So if all I'm doing is multithreaded work, I should get a 5600X instead of a 10900K? 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Quick math says that prices are different all around the world. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08B4V583Q

And btw it isn't "huge" enough to outweigh the price hike from the 3600. Sure it might be fast, but not almost 100 quid faster.

The 5600X beats the 10900K? So if all I'm doing is multithreaded work, I should get a 5600X instead of a 10900K? 

in  gaming I mean, plus the 5600 is coming soon, that will be much better value