Is my PC bottle necking?

1 minute ago, Ankh Tech said:

in  gaming I mean, plus the 5600 is coming soon, that will be much better value

Okay, that's not what you said.

Hopefully, but it's not like it was even announced to start recommending it to people looking to buy now.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Okay, that's not what you said.

Hopefully, but it's not like it was even announced to start recommending it to people looking to buy now.

well it is inevitable, amd has to give a better budget option, from 200 to 300 one time, there will be a 250 usd 5600

2 hours ago, Ankh Tech said:

in  gaming I mean, plus the 5600 is coming soon, that will be much better value

From what i ve read, AMD 5600x beats every intel cpu IN GAMING. 

I was thinking about the i9 9900k since the top of my mobo capability is the 9th gen of intel cuz why not.. but seems waaay too expensive and i don t see the value in it.

15 hours ago, EspinalAndres said:

Not really, this i5 doesn't have hyperthreading, my old 8400 did stay at 100% all the time even the i5 10600K stays at 80-90% on AAA games.

With my 5600X also being a 6c/12t CPU and staying at 30-40% in most AAA games, i can't imagine a 10600K running close to 90%.

3 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

The 5600X beats the 10900K? So if all I'm doing is multithreaded work, I should get a 5600X instead of a 10900K? 

Of course in multithread the 10900K is better. But when mostly gaming the 5600X will perform very similar, or even a bit better for much less money (if it's actually in stock).

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Of course in multithread the 10900K is better. But when mostly gaming the 5600X will perform very similar, or even a bit better for much less money (if it's actually in stock).

...yes, I know, I was trying to get the logic behind the claim "5600X beats the 10900K".

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

• 2 weeks later...

Soooooooooo, im coming back with some updates about my pc bottlenecking the heck out of it.

1. I bought an I7 9700K to replace my I5 9600K. It was still at 100% utilisation. Why? Cuz dumb me had the game prioritize at above normal or high in task manager.

2. After i lowered it to normal or above normal, i still had stuttering.

3. Don t upgrade your cpu for no reason. I ve read another post here that a guy upgraded to ryzen 9 3900x and nvidia 2080ti which at that time was the best gpu or one of the best on the market. He was stuttering as well. What he did? HE BOUGHT 16 MORE GIGS OF RAM. Actually, he bought 2 sticks of 16 gigs.

4. What i did? I bought 16 more gigs of ram (8x2). Now my ram slots are full but with 32 gigs of ram. What happened? No goddamn stuttering anymore.

Apparently, is something called stability of the system that can use more than 16 gigs of ram. 32 gigs of ram and noo stuttering. I didn t check the fps in warzone, but i don t expect anything better than 5 fps. But in RDR2 i have 0 stuttering, or maybe a second when i open the game and after that everything is fine as hell. (ultra on everything)

I don t know why my pc needs 32 gigs of ram, but it does. Problem solved. GG RAMS.

So yea, some of you will need 32 gigs of ram in order to play games without lag. 

On 11/30/2020 at 11:00 AM, ImBl0ndu said:

Hi there,

I don t know if im writting this topic where is supposed to be, but i hope i can get some answers (pretty please).

I am wondering if my pc is bottle necking. I will write down my specs bellow:

CPU: I5 9600K

COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060 SUPER

MB: Asus Prime Z390P

RAM: 8x2 GB 3200 MHZ KLEVV

SSD: ADATA SU630 240 GB (OS)

SSD LEXAR PROFESSIONAL NM700 M.2 2280 1TB (Where i keep my games)

I also have a WD BLUE HDD 1TB (idk its name).

MONITOR: MSI OPTIX G24 144 GHZ (G-SYNC WITH FREE SYNC ACTIVATED)

Now, im having troubles during gaming, more exactly, when im playing COD Warzone. I have about 130-140 fps depending on the area where i am, but from time to time I see some lag spikes, like stuttering which is annoying. Now, my temps are about 70-75 on all cores, maybe 78 top during Warzone. 

I also see some spikes/stutterings when I play RDR 2 (which is cracked, not original) for the first 5 minutes, but after that everything is fine, like my pc takes some time to stretch it self.

I also overclocked my cpu at 5ghz.

My cpu has 100% utilisation during gaming (which i don t know if its bad or not).  

I am wondering what is wrong with my pc, cuz i don t know if its supposed to lag at any time.

Also, my internet is shitty (I live in UK and i have the shittiest internet - Talk Talk).

Apart from my internet provider, what could it be?

Bad overclocking? Maybe i didn t set the values well?

My cpu is bottle necking because of the gpu or vice-versa?

What should I check? How do I check if my pc is bottlenecking?

I also mention that i just bought the 1tb SSD and i just transferred the games from the HDD from SSD, i didn t reinstall them on the new device.

Sorry if my narative is all over the place, but im too tired to concentrate. Hope you can understand what i ve written without getting a headache.

Can you please help me?

Thank you!

Alex.

if your cpu is at 100% there's a bottleneck

altho this also can be caused by a lot of background programs running (AV, onedrive, origin, steam, uplay, ....) 
try first to disable as much unneeded startup programs

reboot

and start your game

if it's still at 100% you have a CPU bottleneck

if you would have overclocked bad your device would crash so i presume you did a good job

currently rocking 

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 32 GB of corsair vengeance RGB ram and hoping to get my 6800XT soon!!!!

50 minutes ago, PeterVBelgium said:

if your cpu is at 100% there's a bottleneck

altho this also can be caused by a lot of background programs running (AV, onedrive, origin, steam, uplay, ....) 
try first to disable as much unneeded startup programs

reboot

and start your game

if it's still at 100% you have a CPU bottleneck

if you would have overclocked bad your device would crash so i presume you did a good job

thx for your solution. In my last post i mentioned that it was my fault that cpu had 100% utilisation, even if that only shown in the task manager, in core temp, the load was about 70%-80%-90% on each core. I ve changed the games priority and i also installed 16 more gigs of ram so now everything is fine. Cheers