What is the silliest argument you have heard against PC gaming?

Jerakl

I don't know whether to moan or laugh at people saying console gaming is more competitive since everyone has to use the same controller.

I don't know whether to moan or laugh at people saying console gaming is more competitive since everyone has to use the same controller.

Haha Yeah, because my WSAD is totally different to yours :P

Same Same.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

"consoles are better because pc's dont used gddr5. they only have ddr3" Ah the comments you can find by simply searching "pc vs ps4" on youtube.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

"Consoles don't have aliasing issues, there aren't jaggies"

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

"I put more RAM in muh Xbox, so it's better then ur PEECEE now."

"I put more RAM in muh Xbox, so it's better then ur PEECEE now."

Is that real? Or you making it up? I'de love to see who posted it lol

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

This is a real comment, and its very recent. The user who posted it is obviously trolling (I hope).

PC gaming is for mugs. No resale on the games and the top new release games are not much cheaper than the console versions - £10 if that and you cant sell them on afterwards when you have finished. With this taken into account there is effectively no difference in the costs of the games, in many cases the console games actually end up cheaper if you sell them when you are finished and dont keep hold of them for too long.

You then have loads of hassle getting the game working right and you need an expensive pc to get it running at the xbox one sort of levels. You dont get use of the $1 billion MS cloud gaming dedicated server farm either.

At the end of the day who wants to spend £300 on a new graphics card and memory every few years ? There is a reason no one plays games on pc anymore and its in massive decline as a gaming platform. It only has around 9% of the market and falling vs the home consoles.

It would be better for these pc gamers to keep their heads down and mouths shut as without the Xbox and PS4 there would not be any AAA games like Titanfall on the pc anymore anyway. All they would end up with is micro transaction rubbish or monthly subscription based games.

Anyway the game is amazing certainly the first proper next gen game on the new consoles. 

Source: HotUKDeals Titanfall Xbox One "Deal"

Read all the comments, I think I even popped in to share my view. Good for a laugh :P

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Is that real? Or you making it up? I'de love to see who posted it lol

This is real. I was talking to a L33T MLG G0D with a 7KDR on COD, this was his reply when I mentioned PC gaming.

Whenever I hear the "I prefer a controller" or "I want to play from my couch", I try really hard to not hurt the person. too much...

I recently bought a wireless adapter for my PC so I can use a 360 controller. I could've gotten a wired one for the same price, but my friends all have wireless controllers for their 360s and I made a deal with one of them - he can borrow my steering wheel for ETS 2 and 1 of his controllers will stay at my house.

And you can talk about "wanting to play a game from a couch" to me all day long, but that's the first thing I did with my 2 best friends. I took the biggest TV in out house, my PC and that adapter and we spent hours playing Gang Beasts.

All the PC needs is more "on one machine" multiplayer games.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

not against PC gaming but, this guy from my school said he liked "building" computers, so i told him show me the parts he put together, and he couldn't even pair up the right processor socket with the right motherboard socket (AM3 LOL). #fail worst thing is, it was an i5 2410M which is dual core paired up with a Zotac GTX 780. He also added a "watercooling kit" thinking it was the full watercool loop for the GPU and Processor with the reservoir, but it turns out it's the only watercooling kit for the CPU HAHAHA

it's funny when people think they know what they're talking about smh

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

most of my friends who own a console arnt idiots

the only reason they stick with a console are two valid reasons

1.their friends have consoles

2.insert and play (no fiddling)

teeheehee

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Just thought I'd point out that 1920x1080 x2 is not 4k rendered output. 1080 has ~2 million pixels where as 4k has over 8 million pixels therefore the scale would be closer to x4. :P

Well...you are 2x increasing pixels on X and Y axis so one pixel on 1080p upscaled to 4k equals 4 pixels. I hope that I explained it well :D

• 1 month later...

creationist.

>Is a creationist

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

"PC gaming is stupid because mouse and keyboard is less comfortable than controller."

Um you could just use your xbox controller for your PC while gaming. :/

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

Usual stuff that you hear, very funny/sad/comical/awful!

The Next-Gen-Anything

Hyped for months. Yet Actual specs do not follow until days/weeks before release.

Next Gen specs are variably decent for those without the higher end spec of the equivalent.

For the first two months you'll get this ^above argumentative^ state of mind from some of those guys/gals who buy in early.

It takes a while for the full potential to kick in when next gen gear is released, this is an attacking/defensive argument for both people arguing too.

Within a few months, some truths come out, and people calm down, some have their head under a rock and will argue till the cows come home, some won't.

All things have a variable purpose to each individual, no need to hate on others, but its the marketing hype train (hand out paid media promoting good reviews when its not good at all) that causes so much of this BS and .........money as always.....talks.

Sad world we live in BUT,..pretty amazed how much power you can cram in some chips/pcb in a small box these days and run so many awesome things pretty fluently.

Take these devices back 8-15 years., holy smackbucketz!!!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I died alot when he said, ''we pay alot of money for what we do''. Average xbox/ps go for 300 - 500 bucks, average PC cost 1,000 bucks

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

My dad always said "Consoles are made for gaming" so they are better a that. 

I just played my first real high graphics pc game a month ago, and I must say that the quality and the short time the game needs to load is just freaking amazing. So I spend all this time with a PS3 and missed the amazing PC gaming all these years. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

a friend of mine who doesn't know shit about PCs and still thinks that a Graphics card with GDDR5 Memory wont fit in a Board with DDR3 Ram Support, he thinks that switching from his peace of crap Pentium, R5450 to a PS3 not even the PS4 is a better choice than building a hardcore Gaming PC and he argued with me that a Console will deliver better 4K Gaming, i said how is that and he said, because i said so, Console Boys !

-one thing, Mantle... and there is still more to come

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Urgh.. I feel dumber from just reading all that stuff..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

"It's impossible to pirate on a console!"

i've soft-modded my Wii with the Homebrew Channel, so i could back up my Gamecube and Wii games. i've seen videos of modded 360s able to run pirated games. your move, peasant.

"PC gaming is expensive!"

i can find and put together a PC that does 1080p gaming as well as, if not better than, the consoles for as much as one.

"Consoles have more exclusives."

last i checked, PC had more exclusives coming out in one month than all three other consoles combined.

"Mouse and keyboard is less accurate than a controller."

i'm not the one who needs Aim Assist to get headshots. :)

Desktop: CM Elite 130 - Corsair CX600M PSU - Asus Maximus VI Impact - Intel Core i7-4790K (@4.4GHz) - Corsair H80i - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 - Asus DirectCUII Radeon R9 290 - 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB WD Red HDD

Laptop: Asus N56DP-DH11 (AMD A10-4600M - Radeon HD7730M) -------------------------------------------------------- I know, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy --------------------------------------------------------

"It's not what you drive; it's how you drive it."   ~~Jeremy Clark, TopGear

"I like using a controller more" Thats not ignorant that's just personal preference. If the person says something like "controllers are more accurate than kb/m" than it would be

The fact that a parson likes using a controller more is not ignorant, the fact that that is used as an argument against PCs is ignorant, because you can just as easily plug a controller into your PC

EDIT:

I just want to say....

- I don't have enough time to read loading screens. #PCMasterRaceProblems

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

"PC gaming is expensive"

Yeah AAA games released last week for 5$ or free torrent.. really expensive when it stays 60$ on console for a year and drops 1$ per year after that.