What is the silliest argument you have heard against PC gaming?

Jerakl

So I was browsing through my older posts and found this:

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-games-dont-make-a-pc-version-of-gta-v#share

On the third page of "latest reasons" I found this:

PC gamer are people who just sit on their ass, downloading mods easily and cheating with console commands, while us Console Gamer are paying a lot of money for this sh*t and is actually working HARD to get these mods and the PC people just don't give a sh*t because they can't afford a F*cking Console.

Let's start by pointing out the flaws in this argument:

1. Console gamers sit on their ass too.

2. You can mod on Console as well.

3. Apparently they pay money for mods?

4. According to this guy, PC gaming is cheaper then console gaming.

5. *cough cough* Peasant *cough cough*

Discuss.

EDIT: Let me get this straight, I myself own 2 consoles. I by no stretch of the imagination think that consoles suck. I do however this PC's are better. Except for the controllers and split screen.

IDK if this belongs in here or in off topic. If I posted this in wrong sections feel free to move it mods. :)

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The jelly is real

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

lol my friends were arguing between PC and xbox one last week actually, and one of them said "the xbox one is clearly better because it's cheaper and gives you alot more potential" ahahah!

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Expensive

Controllers are better than Keyboard + Mouse

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

most of my friends who own a console arnt idiots

the only reason they stick with a console are two valid reasons

1.their friends have consoles

2.insert and play (no fiddling)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

post-17266-0-50772100-1394834342.png

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

"My [insert console here] was designed for gaming. You're (bad grammar intentional) PC was adapted to gaming so it is not as good."

"My [insert console here] has better graphics because it was built to play games, not do office work."

"I can hook my console up to a TV"

"My $200-$500 console can play games better than you're (again, grammar is intentional) $1000 PC"

"I can go on Xbox Live/PSN and you can't"

"Steam is terrible" (typing that really hurt)

"The console players are more mature and humble"

"I get DLC"

I could think of more, but I don't want to fill my brain with the thoughts of a peasant. 

"My [insert console here] was designed for gaming. You're (bad grammar intentional) PC was adapted to gaming so it is not as good."

"My [insert console here] has better graphics because it was built to play games, not do office work."

"I can hook my console up to a TV"

"My $200-$500 console can play games better than you're (again, grammar is intentional) $1000 PC"

"I can go on Xbox Live/PSN and you can't"

"Steam is terrible" (typing that really hurt)

"The console players are more mature and humble"

"I get DLC"

I could think of more, but I don't want to fill my brain with the thoughts of a peasant. 

Bravo! Slow clap!

A lot of console gamers are decent, but there is always that group that don't know anything.

Sometimes while playing CoD on xbox, I go into tryhard lobbies with the intention of inciting argument just so I can hear their stupid arguments for why consoles are better.

controllers are superior to keyboard + mouse in all ways.

For Racing games among others, I prefer controllers. FPS, Keyboard/mouse.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

"PCs are good for nothing except watching stuff on Netflix." He says as my Live friends list consists of twenty Netflix users and two Titanfall players. 10/10 good argument; I'll go back to my rather pretty looking Skyrim now, thanks.

How to pronounce: Nne ya Tano

"Macs are just better"...

This is the ultimate sign of a moron who has no comprehension of hardware and performance. It is completely irrelevant to the console vs PC gaming debate and just shows that they don't even care that they're wrong.

rant over

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

From same link:

Ha yeah right we already know the pc version isint coming out Rockstar denied a windows version of the game coming out anywayhttp://www.polygon.com/2014/2/27/5453786/gta-online-business-update-release-date-vehicles-weapons go down to the end. anyway sorry PC fags you will just have to enjoy other games leave the real games to the console gamers at least we dont have to spend 1000's of bucks to play games hahahaha u guys are f*cking suckers fat nerds

Again, from the same link:

OMG pc sucks ass, keep it on the consoles we all know they have better graphics and better controler, who the fuck wants a PC

These guys are so silly. I could read that page for daaaaaaaaaaays.

I can relate, i'm the only one who built a gaming rig to exit the dark age of peasantry, my friends, console peasants who argue non stop about xbox vs PS3 have no single idea about what runs what on a console, can't differentiate a GTX Titan from a 8400GS, a pentium 3 from a 4770k, can't even differentiate between a CD reader & a DVD burner.

When i almost finished my build, i was waiting for my R9 290, so i told some friends & they were like you're paying 450$ for a graphics card ? what are you insane ?

The best feeling after that ? When they saw NFS Rivals in glorious 120fps (BF4 was still beta). They were so jelly that they started to throw random arguments like : well you can't drive with a keyboard & a mouse. I said okay, so what about BF4 in glorious 60fps in ultra ? Oh OOOOOH SORRY you don't even know what 1080p looks like, or what fps refers to. I lost three friends that day, totally worth it.

Needless to say, never try to even argue with them. Show them your bigass custom loop, & prepare the bread for some jelly. Works every time.

I can relate, i'm the only one who built a gaming rig to exit the dark age of peasantry, my friends, console peasants who argue non stop about xbox vs PS3 have no single idea about what runs what on a console, can't differentiate a GTX Titan from a 8400GS, a pentium 3 from a 4770k, can't even differentiate between a CD reader & a DVD burner.

When i almost finished my build, i was waiting for my R9 290, so i told some friends & they were like you're paying 450$ for a graphics card ? what are you insane ?

The best feeling after that ? When they saw NFS Rivals in glorious 120fps (BF4 was still beta). They were so jelly that they started to throw random arguments like : well you can't drive with a keyboard & a mouse. I said okay, so what about BF4 in glorious 60fps in ultra ? Oh OOOOOH SORRY you don't even know what 1080p looks like, or what fps refers to. I lost three friends that day, totally worth it.

Needless to say, never try to even argue with them. Show them your bigass custom loop, & prepare the bread for some jelly. Works every time.

I want ti set up a custom loop soon.

I used to know a guy on SWTOR who went by the name Mosh a lot, one of his toons was Moshi Mosh, or something extremely similar.

If it's the same guy, based on how he used to act, I wouldn't really take this seriously...

Bravo! Slow clap!

A lot of console gamers are decent, but there is always that group that don't know anything.

Sometimes while playing CoD on xbox, I go into tryhard lobbies with the intention of inciting argument just so I can hear their stupid arguments for why consoles are better.

For Racing games among others, I prefer controllers. FPS, Keyboard/mouse.

for racing games, a wheel is best...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

for racing games, a wheel is best...

Depends... if arcade racing like NFS and Grid I will prefer keyboard or controller more. If there is little hint of sim even if it is not true sim, like F1 series and NFS:Shift 2, i'll go for wheels... true sim, needless to say I guess?

I tried Hot Pursuit and Grid with wheels before, doesnt work for me...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

The most ignorant things I hear...

"I can play my console on a TV"
"I like using a controller more"
"I just like to sit on the couch and enjoy my games"
"Graphics are better on console"
"PC's get viruses too easily" 
"Gaming Pc's are too expensive"
"What's Steam?"
"Pc is full of Modders / Hackers"
"Consoles are made for gaming"

These are generally what I run across, but here is one specific time where I was "wowed" by ignorance...
I
IS before I bought my 3 monitos that is currently in my setup, I had my PC plugged into a 37 in vizio. Well, no longer needing the Vizio tv I decided to sell it. I posted on facebook that I was selling it. Throughout the day I got a few messages asking how much I was selling it for from friends and family. Well, one girl that I used to work with told me to send her pictures of it. Well, I already had pictures on my phone that I took when I used it with my PC. So instead of taking the TV out of the box I just sent her my old pics I had. THe response I got blew me away.... she said "I thought it was a TV not a computer monitor..."  The number of people who don't know you can plug a PC into a TV just blows my mind... 

"Macs are just better"...

This is the ultimate sign of a moron who has no comprehension of hardware and performance. It is completely irrelevant to the console vs PC gaming debate and just shows that they don't even care that they're wrong.

rant over

That moron used to be me a year ago... Oh how wrong was I. I have now seen the light, and it is GLORIOUS! I haven't touched my MacBook Pro since I built my PC. I will likely never use it again unless I desperately need MS office or my PC breaks for some reason (I will cry when that day comes :()

On topic, I haven't heard many arguments but it's hilarious hearing people talk about how amazing the graphics on their console are... On an old CRT TV :D And the other day I heard people talking about how awesome it was playing Minecraft on Xbox... I had to stop listening, it was too much :')

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8