Scalping at newegg.ca has begun

turgsh01

But it's not Newegg's fault. It's a third-party seller.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

they usually do a good job getting rid of those, maybe they are just busy with black Friday coming up, and black November is a thing for them as well.

26 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

But it's not Newegg's fault. It's a third-party seller.

Newegg has every right to stop it before it happens, just like they have every right to put a bot / human detection script thing before being able to purchase a GPU (or anything else for that matter). They simply don't care that much.

49 minutes ago, turgsh01 said:

Newegg has every right to stop it before it happens, just like they have every right to put a bot / human detection script thing before being able to purchase a GPU (or anything else for that matter). They simply don't care that much.

Why would they?

They're making money off the listing/purchase of the item.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, turgsh01 said:

Title speaks for itself

https://www.newegg.ca/msi-3080gamingxtrio10g-fz3/p/1FT-0009-004X4?Item=9SIACBDCTG5382&Description=rtx 3080&cm_re=rtx_3080-_-9SIACBDCTG5382-_-Product

I tried to voice my opinion there, but they couldn't care less.

image.png.bd06184e6c554a70e87913108ea2994f.png

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

4 hours ago, Slottr said:

Why would they?

Bad reputation can hurt them a lot more than short term money, I've seen it many times before.

4 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I like the $2165.32 original price, discounted to $2160.42.

Ya, fake sales are always really annoying to see.

4 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

image.png.bd06184e6c554a70e87913108ea2994f.png

I'm not blind, I saw that too, but that's completely irrelevant. Newegg has every option to stop that seller from being allowed to do this. They make claims about trying to find ways to stop scalping, and then this happens (or at least the tech channels who have spoken to them made that claim).

8 hours ago, turgsh01 said:

Bad reputation can hurt them a lot more than short term money, I've seen it many times before

They haven't shown that they care much about their reputation via their return policies & customer service.

A lot of these arguments could be taken against eBay, but you're not making them.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

On 11/16/2020 at 4:52 AM, Slottr said:

Why would they?

If I had a shop, I would prefer to have a clear name than have it smudged by bad companies. I am sure Newegg don't need the scalpers to make money. They're just ruining their name.

16 hours ago, turgsh01 said:

Bad reputation can hurt them a lot more than short term money, I've seen it many times before.

Newegg is well enough established that something as minor as this will not even cause a blip in their reputation or sales. 

Yeah well, and now what, you going to report them to the scalping police? 

Don't like it don't buy it imo! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 hours ago, Slottr said:

They haven't shown that they care much about their reputation via their return policies & customer service.

A lot of these arguments could be taken against eBay, but you're not making them.

I can't believe people still use ebay. All I ever see are scams or overpriced junk.

1 hour ago, BlueSpartan said:

I can't believe people still use ebay. All I ever see are scams or overpriced junk.

That's probably because you don't know how to use the website. I shop there all the time saving myself a lot of money. And anything that feels like junk (which is rare as junk is usually pretty obvious) or if the product doesn't get delivered to me, I just demand a refund and I always get it because eBay and PayPal protection. It's very difficult to get away with a scam on eBay unless you agree to accept it.

9 hours ago, SAVE-12-HK said:

scapling of iphones have begun a decade ago

so as the houses

No one cares about iphones because Apple users have been completely accepting with this level of mistreatment. They've been getting ripped off and served poorly for many years without any real complaints. Apple users will continue to be treated this way so long as they keep buying their overpriced products with pathetic warranty practices.

2 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Newegg is well enough established that something as minor as this will not even cause a blip in their reputation or sales. 

It would if there was enough ppl making a big deal about it. Trust me, I've seen large companies get buried and shut down for months due to all the hate from ppl which in turn was a massive loss in revenue as well as permanent bad reputation. It's as they say, the larger they are, the harder they fall. I understand this isn't too big of a deal right now, but if it keeps escalating, then it will be.

Btw, now there's 4 of them being advertised at twice the normal price, 3 of which have sold out. It's already escalating. I imagine bots are now buying them from newegg and then reselling them on newegg for twice the price. This cycle will never end.

55 minutes ago, BlueSpartan said:

sometimes it's okay buying locally, i use a lot of ebay, craigslist, gumtree (for you aussies) etc, ebay doesn't seem to be as bad on that front

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

4 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

sometimes it's okay buying locally, i use a lot of ebay, craigslist, gumtree (for you aussies) etc, ebay doesn't seem to be as bad on that front

I buy from all over, but mainly from China for the small items as it saves a lot when it comes to their free shipping. Being a patient person, I don't even care that it takes 2 months for something to arrive in the mail, just as long as it does eventually show up in good condition and shipping didn't cost me anything.

1 hour ago, turgsh01 said:

No one cares about iphones because Apple users have been completely accepting with this level of mistreatment. They've been getting ripped off and served poorly for many years without any real complaints. Apple users will continue to be treated this way so long as they keep buying their overpriced products with pathetic warranty practices.

no one cares about GPU prices too

33 minutes ago, SAVE-12-HK said:

no one cares about GPU prices too

That's your own opinion with no evidence at all to claim it as fact, especially since I myself care, therefore your "no one" is blatantly false.

Fact is, there's a lot of videos and news articles on GPU scalping / prices and even ppl fighting against it as best they can and none at all (as far as I'm aware) for iphones.

My own opinion is that you might be an Apple fanboy and are now upset with my comments.