Outemu vs Gateron Blue switches

MustafaXIX

I could use some help deciding which kind of keyboard to get. From my research it looks like Outemu and Gateron both make Cherry MX clones. I see that the Gateron keyboards are slightly more expensive than those with Outemu, about a £10 to £20 premium. 

Which company makes the best in regards to tactile feel, sound, and most importantly long durability/reliability? 

Outemu switches, from my personal experiences are pretty reliable. I have a mechanical keyboard using Outemu blue's that I have been using nearly daily for over 2 years that still works and is being used to this day without any issue even after spilling 1-2 drinks on it on accident, and being hit quite a few time because I'm bad at games sometimes. Of course your experience may vary, but this was my experience using Outemu Blue.

For Gaterons I cannot speak, however they should be pretty reliable as well.

13 minutes ago, MustafaXIX said:

Which company makes the best in regards to tactile feel, sound, and most importantly long durability/reliability? 

Depends on the switch. If you're comparing blue vs blue then Gateron IMO. Their switches feel better, sound better and seem to be better quality than the Outemu Blues I've used.

Feel and sound are subjective though so I'd recommend trying a few keyboards first to see what kind of switches you like. I prefer Gaterons over Outemus but you may prefer Outemus over Gaterons.

I had a Otemu Blue keyboard, and you should know that they are super loud, probably the loudest switches that you can get. They feel pretty good, a little too much pressure for the bump but that's just my preference. And it might've been that I cheaped out on the keyboard, but the space bar stopped working after 6 months, you'd either need to press really hard for it to work, or it would type 2 spaces instead of one.

5 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

I had a Otemu Blue keyboard, and you should know that they are super loud, probably the loudest switches that you can get. They feel pretty good, a little too much pressure for the bump but that's just my preference. And it might've been that I cheaped out on the keyboard, but the space bar stopped working after 6 months, you'd either need to press really hard for it to work, or it would type 2 spaces instead of one.

I'm looking at the Drevo Calibur V2 TE for the Outemu Blue. Is that cheap quality? 

15 minutes ago, XR6 said:

Depends on the switch. If you're comparing blue vs blue then Gateron IMO. Their switches feel better, sound better and seem to be better quality than the Outemu Blues I've used.

Feel and sound are subjective though so I'd recommend trying a few keyboards first to see what kind of switches you like. I prefer Gaterons over Outemus but you may prefer Outemus over Gaterons.

Unfortunately I can't go to my local PC World to touch up the keyboards to test the switches because of covid

I have outemu blue and totally hate them, the click is really loud, they got spring ping and the general noise is really loud too.  I would try to avoid them if I were you.

I've not hear or read anything bad about the drevo keyboard in general so far ... but they have the outemu blue so ...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD