BMW’s 1 Billion Euro R&D Facility

CPotter

Linus looks like he's waiting for me to throw a popcorn or maybe an m&m into his mouth

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Linus looks like he's waiting for me to throw a popcorn or maybe an m&m into his mouth

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Also, is that a deliberately added outline or just a really bad greenscreen key? Either way I really don't like it...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

they often don't use LEDs for crash tests because of flickering

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Eh, BMW is still a BMW, EV or not... Buy a Porsche instead.

3 hours ago, The Sloth said:

All that and they still need to cheat on emission tests.

To be honest after VW being caught, I wouldn't be surprised if most companies where.

1 hour ago, Egg-Roll said:

Buy a Porsche instead.

Amen.

I'm purchasing either a Taycan Turbo S or a Panamera Turbo S fairly soon. Can't wait.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 hour ago, Derkoli said:

Amen.

I'm purchasing either a Taycan Turbo S or a Panamera Turbo S fairly soon. Can't wait.

They are so closely priced might as well, better design, better quality, likely more than not better performance, and you don't get known as the anus of the driving quality on the roads. The Taycan isn't really worth the price as a EV with its specs, nice design however, you'd be better off getting a Tesla, or Kia E Niro for range if you don't feel like dealing with the issues of T.

Spoiler

🤣 VW unhappy

Only BMW I would ever own is a used i3, simply because the used market price on those things is basically theft loosing 40-50%+ of the value in under 3 years.

22 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

They are so closely priced might as well, better design, better quality, likely more than not better performance, and you don't get known as the anus of the driving quality on the roads. The Taycan isn't really worth the price as a EV with its specs, nice design however, you'd be better off getting a Tesla, or Kia E Niro for range if you don't feel like dealing with the issues of T.

Reveal hidden contents

🤣 VW unhappy

Only BMW I would ever own is a used i3, simply because the used market price on those things is basically theft loosing 40-50%+ of the value in under 3 years.

My main reason the Taycan is I've never really owned a car with pretty damn quick acceleration and I don't need all the space of a Panamera.

I have considered a Tesla Model S Plaid, but the wait time and getting service in the UK is a bit of a pain.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 hour ago, Derkoli said:

My main reason the Taycan is I've never really owned a car with pretty damn quick acceleration and I don't need all the space of a Panamera.

I have considered a Tesla Model S Plaid, but the wait time and getting service in the UK is a bit of a pain.

Can't argue there Porsche has done their work on speed that is for sure.

Next to obvious defects I wouldn't complain much about the panel gaps (unless causes issues, or obviously bad) or anything that the internet picks on Tesla about. Unless it is orange peel paint job that shouldn't ever happen. Beyond that if it isn't going to destroy your car or make it unusable for daily use ignore it because their service centers suck everywhere lol. Also Plaid isn't worth it for the minuscule amount of gain in acceleration, but the range might just make it worth it, esp at double range (on paper) for equal price(?) to the Taycan. Equally I just looked at UKs wait time which is in March, I understand it needs a boat but wtf, however delivery times might be sooner than that as their delivery times locally (us/canada) last I checked were sooner than displayed, unless they send large batches only or something.

I personally am waiting till the Cybertruck or the F-150 tho not so much.

6 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Also, is that a deliberately added outline or just a really bad greenscreen key? Either way I really don't like it...

they usually have that so an outline most likely

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

4 seconds in and he says that the car "looks freeking sweet". Linus, are you sure you are okay?

How did we go from this... :x

BMW M5 (E34): Unser Klassiker des Tages - autobild.de

...to this ? 🤮

Aus BMW Vision iNext wird BMW iX: Elektro-SUV kommt Ende 2021

13 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Around here I can get one with 4k miles, less than a year old, at near 70% off, no one wants them, and with good reason. Have you looked into the tire issues?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Around here I can get one with 4k miles, less than a year old, at near 70% off, no one wants them, and with good reason. Have you looked into the tire issues?

Never knew about the issues till now. I knew they are basically bicycle tires on a car, but if they wear out too fast or uneven that is a huge issue. They aren't expensive but if replaced after the equivalent of 2-3 oil changes they add up fast. It actually feels like BMW is trying to make their EVs fail.

4 hours ago, Senzelian said:

4 seconds in and he says that the car "looks freeking sweet". Linus, are you sure you are okay?

How did we go from this... :x

...to this ? 🤮

That new design is ugly, and that's someone wanting a cybertruck 🤣 I blame the blue trim, it doesn't do it justice esp in that color. Tho to answer how, aerodynamics is how. The old (and better looking) BMW cars where not very aerodynamic, looking at the front should make it relatively obvious how they improved.

There are many gripes I have about this new design, but the biggest frustration is how they kept the "grille" even though it's electric and not needed. Like they had the chance to not put the kidney grill[e] on (I've heard they claim they introduced it on their cars for better airflow), but then were like "nah, let's make it less aerodynamic and more ugly by keeping it on because CoRpOrAtE DeSiGn iDeNtIty"

My Build (5800X3D, RTX 3070)

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can

1 hour ago, Egg-Roll said:

They aren't expensive but if replaced after the equivalent of 2-3 oil changes they add up fast. It actually feels like BMW is trying to make their EVs fail.

Around here they are 700$ for a set of 4, not including mounting. Add in wearing out in as little as 10k-15k miles, that price adds up *fast*

I think only Tesla is taking the EV market seriously. Just base don how hideous the cars look, plus the limited ranges and expensive price tags (for what you get) but that just might be my own bias intruding.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

That new design is ugly, and that's someone wanting a cybertruck 🤣 I blame the blue trim, it doesn't do it justice esp in that color. Tho to answer how, aerodynamics is how. The old (and better looking) BMW cars where not very aerodynamic, looking at the front should make it relatively obvious how they improved.

The blue trim is certainly ugly, but I find the entire car simply disgusting.

Yup, aerodynamics are worse on the older cars. You'd hope so, with all the tech the companies have at their disposal now!

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Around here they are 700$ for a set of 4, not including mounting. Add in wearing out in as little as 10k-15k miles, that price adds up *fast*

I think only Tesla is taking the EV market seriously. Just base don how hideous the cars look, plus the limited ranges and expensive price tags (for what you get) but that just might be my own bias intruding.

The $700 is cheap for tires, but yea 10-15k is too little of a life to justify them, unless you are a low mileage user (like a someone driving to local businesses etc).

They aren't the only ones the Kia Niro EV is fairly competitive same with the leaf now, both starting about 8,000 (cad) less. However Tesla is imo still the better one as you have the superchargers and all the other normal charging units. If only they can get their CS and QC in line.

My fav image is this one 🤣

did-you-know-modt-6342-fb-com-legendary-

Never knew BMW was all about grilled cheese 🙄

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

The blue trim is certainly ugly, but I find the entire car simply disgusting.

Yup, aerodynamics are worse on the older cars. You'd hope so, with all the tech the companies have at their disposal now!

The blue trim is going to be on all EVs from BMW sadly.

There is still tons of improvement to be had for efficiency sadly unless you want your cars to start looking like either of these it'll never happen.

jMdPyp1.jpgzhxjazfbazpy.jpg

Shouldn't need to link to the train for the truck: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi_Colani