I am newbie and I am building my first ever gaming PC (on a very tight budget)

Ujee

This is all that my budget allows:

1) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 ZT-T20600H-10M

2)  Ryzen 5 3600

3) ASUS Prime B450M-A

4) G.SKILL FBA4719692004970 (2 x 8GB)

5) Kingston 250GB A2000

6) Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB

7) Corsair Carbide SPEC-05

Help me choose a good PSU for the specs

PS: Also, if there is a better choice that I could have made (within the budget) then please let me know.

I am from India and my budget is of $1300-1500

Edited by LogicalDrm
Fixed title

how much is your budget and what country?

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Ask us again on December 8th when the 6900xt launches. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

10 minutes ago, Ujee said:

This is all that my budget allows:

1) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 ZT-T20600H-10M

2)  Ryzen 5 3600

3) ASUS Prime B450M-A

4) G.SKILL FBA4719692004970 (2 x 8GB)

5) Kingston 250GB A2000

6) Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB

7) Corsair Carbide SPEC-05

PS: Also, if there is a better choice that I could have made (within the budget) then please let me know.

I am from India and my budget is of $1300-1500

Corsair CXM 650W or 550W. Great PSU for around $100. If you have a higher budget go with the coolermaster MWE GOLD 650, and if you have a lower budget go with the Corsair CV.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

If your budget's too tight for those cards, I'd look for an RTX A6000 instead.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

If your budget's too tight for those cards, I'd look for an RTX A6000 instead.

is that truly your pc specs???

Having 1000€ doesn't make you rich in most countries.

It does in other countries.

To answer your question, wait for benchmarks, neither card has any available stock at this time, the 6900 doesn't even have benchmarks

43 minutes ago, Ujee said:

What to go for- Rx 6900 xt or RTX 3090?

Despite what NVIDIAMD would have you believe, there are actually not that many people in the world who actually need a GPU that powerful. Outside of the professional environment, anyway. If you're not rich, either roll with that 2060 or pick up a cheap 480/580 and wait for the inevitable 6500, 6600, 1760 (?) and 3060, then see which one works for you.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

@Ujee, I've merged and moved your threads as well as fixed your thread title to represent it bit better. Please keep your questions for this new build in this one thread. It makes things easier for everyone.

Also cleaned a thread from pointless and unhelpful posts. If you have issues with context of this or any post made, please either use report button to let moderation handle it. Or just ignore and move on.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

maybe if you have a low budget you should go with intel

like a 10400f, 2666 rto and a cheap h410 mb

if you go for that trio you'll have more money for a strong gpu and psu

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

First of all @Ujee I would appreciate if you could tell us (the whole community), that would this PC be used only for gaming or for some real world tasks as well like Blender, Programming or Video Editing or anything else you do (other than normal stuff like using web browser, you know what I mean)

And second of all, I would like to suggest that you visit r/Indian Gaming, as a fellow Indian I would like to tell you that at that sub-reddit you can find list of online Indian retailers that have parts for prices cheaper than Amazon and Flipkart

And, with a 1300-1500 USD budget (I know how many INRs it is) you can get rid of the spinning storage and go entirely with SSDs. Even the most basic of SSDs will be better than a spinning Hard Drive

And to maintain future compatibility I would suggest going with the B550M Pro4 from AsRock which will support ryzen 5000 series, if you ever upgrade and it costs like 11k INR only

You can get, better RAM from corsair for cheaper than that. The RAM that you have mentioned is also good i.e. 3200 MHz, but you can get 3600 MHz kits from Corsair that have good latency

Finally for the GPU, I would say unless you are like really into games that make use of DXR, get a 5600XT. It fits your budget much better. And if you want a GPU that supports ray tracing then wait for the new cards to launch, that will further lower the price of the current GPUs like 5 to 6k INR lower and then you can get this GPU for cheaper or you can get the new ones if you can afford them. For the Time being if you don't need RTX, 5600XT is good for your budget

19 hours ago, Justaphysicsnerd said:

First of all @Ujee I would appreciate if you could tell us (the whole community), that would this PC be used only for gaming or for some real world tasks as well like Blender, Programming or Video Editing or anything else you do (other than normal stuff like using web browser, you know what I mean)

And second of all, I would like to suggest that you visit r/Indian Gaming, as a fellow Indian I would like to tell you that at that sub-reddit you can find list of online Indian retailers that have parts for prices cheaper than Amazon and Flipkart

And, with a 1300-1500 USD budget (I know how many INRs it is) you can get rid of the spinning storage and go entirely with SSDs. Even the most basic of SSDs will be better than a spinning Hard Drive

And to maintain future compatibility I would suggest going with the B550M Pro4 from AsRock which will support ryzen 5000 series, if you ever upgrade and it costs like 11k INR only

You can get, better RAM from corsair for cheaper than that. The RAM that you have mentioned is also good i.e. 3200 MHz, but you can get 3600 MHz kits from Corsair that have good latency

Finally for the GPU, I would say unless you are like really into games that make use of DXR, get a 5600XT. It fits your budget much better. And if you want a GPU that supports ray tracing then wait for the new cards to launch, that will further lower the price of the current GPUs like 5 to 6k INR lower and then you can get this GPU for cheaper or you can get the new ones if you can afford them. For the Time being if you don't need RTX, 5600XT is good for your budget

I will be doing casual gaming...want to play Minecraft RTX xD

26 minutes ago, Ujee said:

I will be doing casual gaming...want to play Minecraft RTX xD

Then you can with a ryzen 3 3100 instead of a 3600 and easily go with a 2060 super or even a cheap 2070 if you can find one