UOLTT: Operation Monarch (To Capture a <REDACTED>)

Why not just 2 KingShips?

2319855-why_not_both.jpg

Kingships for everyone!

But srsly, it would be good to have a bengal just for its versatility.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Likelihood and ease of access.

We won't be going straight for a KingShip when the game launches, at least, I hope as much, for it'd be suicide.

We'd be better off following a sort of ship hierarchy or ladder, getting bigger ships gradually, thus, this would put us obtaining a Bengal before getting a Kingship.

I'm willing to assume obtaining a Kingship might become a little easier with a Bengal, also.

Capturing a Bengal (Not finding one, actual capturing one) would probably be harder than the KS.

Capturing a Bengal (Not finding one, actual capturing one) would probably be harder than the KS.

Well, if it is, then my bad.

I'm not all that invested in the lore at the moment, probably due to the incredibly frustrating alpha state of the game at the moment I personally find it hard to invest myself into the game as much to know the different ships, so I heavily rely on the mates on TS for basic information, and I honestly had the Kingship figured to be one of the hardest ships we know of to obtain in game, but if you say the Bengal is harder, then I can understand your previously mentioned ideas.

It would be much better if we find a derelict one though, cause then the likelyhood of the UEE taking it or wanting it is far less. Then again they will be in random locations so finding them won't be as easy.

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

Really not liking the whole 'at the cost of one's own life' stuff in this article. Our avatars degrade when we die to the point where there's no coming back. Personally I'm not dieing unless there's no other option.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

the other option is not winning. besides if you die your next of kin gets stuff, and we will buy flowers and throw them into space in memorial

Really not liking the whole 'at the cost of one's own life' stuff in this article. Our avatars degrade when we die to the point where there's no coming back. Personally I'm not dieing unless there's no other option.

Luckily there's only one group that has that responsibility. 

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Luckily there's only one group that has that responsibility. 

Yeah, we need to have people on that one group to be fearless. We can't have them back down as we bear down on a boarding action just because of perma death. It's a high-risk, high-reward job.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

Just to be clear, we arent going for a kingship at the release of the game, right? We'd need larger ships, multiple Idris Corvette class ships ideally.

I'm in the Mercenary/bounty hunting group. How do people in the same group feel about all contributing to getting a larger ship such as a Corvette for large operations like this?

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Just to be clear, we arent going for a kingship at the release of the game, right? We'd need larger ships, multiple Idris Corvette class ships ideally.

I'm in the Mercenary/bounty hunting group. How do people in the same group feel about all contributing to getting a larger ship such as a Corvette for large operations like this?

Operation date and time are tentative at this point. Realistically the KingShip should not be available at the launch of the game. Considering the size, technical aspect, server stability and that each horde MIGHT have a single KingShip, they will likely be incredibly rare. If the KingShip is available at the beginning of the game there likely will be one or two which are ready for capture, and we will take a couple weeks of monitoring it before we act. It may not even be available at all times given that it's in Vanduul Space and may be in our systems on certain days of the week.

So in other words... It depends on what information we collect. If we can't track it or monitor it easily, there's no reason to believe we'll be able to find it once we gather the fleet. So the date and time is completely unknown. We will be taking into account what everyones schedules and time zones are though. There's a lot of variables that can drastically change date and time right now. So for thistype of information, I'd wait until the game is almost at launch.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

And my bad, I didn't even comment on your second part, haha.

I'd be more than down to donate for a ship like a Corvette or Javelin if it becomes available.

I won't comment on the first query since Taco already nailed it.

However, since we have enough people perhaps we can try collecting crowd funding for a Corvette class ship. This can either be from in-game currency or through PayPal.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

However, since we have enough people perhaps we can try collecting crowd funding for a Corvette class ship. This can either be from in-game currency or through PayPal.

personally I would say in game funding paypal is just meh and can be really strange about a lot of things, but remember there was talk about the org actually charging fees or taxing on jobs or whatever will be done, some of this would go toward the org fleet.

I would also like to add that most of my funding will be going to the purchase of my own fleet, which I will probably hire out at some point, or maybe have them automated on a safe trade route (if possible). I say most because I will still help the funding if needed. 

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

personally I would say in game funding paypal is just meh and can be really strange about a lot of things, but remember there was talk about the org actually charging fees or taxing on jobs or whatever will be done, some of this would go toward the org fleet.

I would also like to add that most of my funding will be going to the purchase of my own fleet, which I will probably hire out at some point, or maybe have them automated on a safe trade route (if possible). I say most because I will still help the funding if needed. 

Yeah, I think in-game would also be better just for security reasons. But yeah, I recall taxes for org members. Hopefully, the HC would see that investing in a Org-wide fleet would be beneficial. However, I think most of the initial tax income would be spent on acquiring economic nodes--which I am perfectly fine with. This is why I asked if a separate crowd funding would be feasible.

Yeah, I think in-game would also be better just for security reasons. But yeah, I recall taxes for org members. Hopefully, the HC would see that investing in a Org-wide fleet would be beneficial. However, I think most of the initial tax income would be spent on acquiring economic nodes--which I am perfectly fine with. This is why I asked if a separate crowd funding would be feasible.

Security reasons and because it is very nice and easy to run off with a paypal account full of money, as well as paypals policies that restrict things on a whim.

yeah if everyone chips in a few UEC to an org account then we should be good, this should probably happen anyway to create a bit of seed funding so we can make purchases while the other orgs are still trying to scrape in the taxes.

I think I remember it being discussed that the org will eventually want to offer insurance, ships and a lot of amenities so I am sure it will have a fleet. How it will be managed I have no idea. I mean who flys the kingship or the corvette? We will have to see.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

I recall Chris Roberts saying that after the launch/after the crowdfunding campaign, buying ships with real world money will not be possible anymore.

However, you will still be able to buy a certain amount of UEE credits per day, like we can now.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I know there's going to be a small tax implemented within the UOLTTC, which I've got no problems with, but there'll be so many issues pulling at that source of finance that I question how much could realistically be put towards building a larger fleet. That's why I'd definitely be down with a separate pool of UEC to be made for buying larger ships for a given group, I'd like to try and set something like that up in my Merc/Bounty Hunting group as a ship like a Corvette could actually be used during peace time for Merc operations.

We could have a member of each group become a Treasurer of sorts, allocating those collected funds to either buying new capital ships, or maintaining and upgrading existing ones.

Yeah, the HC will have to balance the funds for what is best at any given time. What money we do get will be too little to allocate for a Corvette class.

I agree with TheDigitalRealm. Since all branches of the LTT Syndicate run themselves, I would suggest all branches to have a treasurer that posts all financial reports for all to see. This would be like the 10-k Form the USA government mandates that companies fill out for public view.

I am in, love teamplay.

Cheers

>> www.artofinca.com << Star Citizen fan art post https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/116794/star-citizen-fan-art-by-artofinca

pilot: Inca Talmir  ships: Freelancer MIS, M50, ???  play-style: Team-play  groups: Military, Exploration, Special ops, Support, Bears.

I know there's going to be a small tax implemented within the UOLTTC, which I've got no problems with, but there'll be so many issues pulling at that source of finance that I question how much could realistically be put towards building a larger fleet. That's why I'd definitely be down with a separate pool of UEC to be made for buying larger ships for a given group, I'd like to try and set something like that up in my Merc/Bounty Hunting group as a ship like a Corvette could actually be used during peace time for Merc operations.

We could have a member of each group become a Treasurer of sorts, allocating those collected funds to either buying new capital ships, or maintaining and upgrading existing ones.

I'd be the treasurer :).

I'd be the treasurer :).

You'd give ATC a whole different meaning! For instance, 'Almighty Treasurer Controller' or 'Atrocious Treasurer-Conman' to name a few. :P

Likelihood and ease of access.

We won't be going straight for a KingShip when the game launches, at least, I hope as much, for it'd be suicide.

We'd be better off following a sort of ship hierarchy or ladder, getting bigger ships gradually, thus, this would put us obtaining a Bengal before getting a Kingship.

I'm willing to assume obtaining a Kingship might become a little easier with a Bengal, also.

It was said they were wrecks, adrift and presumably deserted (radiation leaks and the like forced the crew to abandon ship). The only fighting would be if any pirates or other organisations got there before or while we were salvaging the ship. I'm not sure whether it would have to be towed to a space-dockyard or if its too big and repairs would have to be done on site. Either way once its found, and registered it should be ours. But it would probably need guarding till it is operational.

(Also there is no reason to assume the a KS would be harder to attack than a Bengal, all we know at the moment is its a bit bigger.)

If there's say, half a million citizens, 80 or so systems, less than 20 of which are likely candidates and only 3 or 4 carriers up for grabs (at least initially) that means it wont take people long to come across them so we will have to act fast!

Therefore the earlier the better, if we organise a systematic search during the first few days of the most likely frontier systems I think we should find it in the first few days, heck, if we got everyone in UOLTTC to join the search immediately (impractical, I know, but...) we could find it within a few hours.

It was said they were wrecks, adrift and presumably deserted (radiation leaks and the like forced the crew to abandon ship). The only fighting would be if any pirates or other organisations got there before or while we were salvaging the ship. I'm not sure whether it would have to be towed to a space-dockyard or if its too big and repairs would have to be done on site. Either way once its found, and registered it should be ours. But it would probably need guarding till it is operational.

(Also there is no reason to assume the a KS would be harder to attack than a Bengal, all we know at the moment is its a bit bigger.)

If there's say, half a million citizens, 80 or so systems, less than 20 of which are likely candidates and only 3 or 4 carriers up for grabs (at least initially) that means it wont take people long to come across them so we will have to act fast!

Therefore the earlier the better, if we organise a systematic search during the first few days of the most likely frontier systems I think we should find it in the first few days, heck, if we got everyone in UOLTTC to join the search immediately (impractical, I know, but...) we could find it within a few hours.

Please do note that Capital Ships will not be available at launch, or at least not in v1.

They will be added in a later stage, as this has been said in one of the "Ten for the Chairman" I believe.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Please do note that Capital Ships will not be available at launch, or at least not in v1.

They will be added in a later stage, as this has been said in one of the "Ten for the Chairman" I believe.

He said there wont be capital ships or multiperson in DOGFIGHTING v1, once the SC universe is live they will be in the game.

Absolutely correct. Its' just there's also instance population control. Most organizations which attempt to attack it without a plan will likely fail. So far we only know an average guestimate of 150 players per instance. That's 150 players vs an unknown amount of NPC ships and pilots. The KingShip alone is speculated to have 1400 NPCs alone on the ship. Meaning if we even board 75 pilots, we'll need to account for transport troop carriers and escort fighters. Because of the instance cap, it's pretty intense planning. There's a lot of ideas of how to take advantage of NPC AI and cap instance. You know, game breaking type methods. And those are what we're really banking on for ideas. But once a KingShip is confirmed, those of us working on the operation will be moving quickly to plan the attack. Likely give the fleet a weeks notice.

I'm just hoping THAT ship is available at SC Universe launch. Its' the biggest ship. Who knows if its even out 7 days a week.