[Update] ASUS has done nothing but push me around and give me, among others, false hopes. I have been ghosted by them twice in a row

M1ghty boy

Reddit Thread:

[original removed - copy here]  ASUS has done nothing but push me around and give me, among others, false hopes. I have been ghosted by them twice in a row and my patience is dwindling. : pcmasterrace (reddit.com)

Why does LTT do sponsorships with companies who treat consumers and others alike like ####?

UPDATE: Someone from ASUS in the comments reached out to him and it was due to a logistical error. It also turns out all of my emails went to his spam folder and he invited me to a zoom call where he apologized personally and thanked me for making the post. I am receiving the monitor and I ask that no one send any hate mail towards ASUS. Brian did tell me there was no need to update the post but I wanted to clarify for everyone that it was not corporate greed, it was an honest mistake.

25 minutes ago, M1ghty boy said:

Why does LTT do sponsorships with companies who treat consumers and others alike like ####?

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

31 minutes ago, M1ghty boy said:

Reddit Thread:

[original removed - copy here]  ASUS has done nothing but push me around and give me, among others, false hopes. I have been ghosted by them twice in a row and my patience is dwindling. : pcmasterrace (reddit.com)

You got a link to the original giveaway and the restrictions?

I'm willing to bet geographic location is an issue

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

You got a link to the original giveaway and the restrictions?

I'm willing to bet geographic location is an issue

original tweet here (1) ASUS North America on Twitter:

rules links to a dead link

2 minutes ago, M1ghty boy said:

Considering the account says Asus "North America", I'm seeing the issue here. You ain't in NA mate, and so they've thrown out your submission as invalid.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Considering the account says Asus "North America", I'm seeing the issue here. You ain't in NA mate, and so they've thrown out your submission as invalid.

they could just reply and tell me instead of putting me in this headless chicken hunt

7 minutes ago, M1ghty boy said:

they could just reply and tell me instead of putting me in this headless chicken hunt

Possibly, but if you'd read the rules, you could have saved yourself some headache. 

It's not rare for these sort of giveaways to be "worldwide", even if hosted by the NA branch.

Without actually seeing the rules, we can't say that it was the reason why they never got their prize.

Just the fact Asus ghosted them without any news whatsoever, even if just to say they got disqualified, is terrible on Asus's part and they should be better than this.

Can anyone at LMG comment on this?

@nicklmg @LinusTech @Slick

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I do agree that they should have at least replied to your email to inform you that you are not eligible to receive the prize, however if the rules of the contest stipulated that it was only available to North American entrants and you still participated despite not being eligible to participate then that's on you. I'm not sure what else you would have expected to happen.

4 hours ago, M1ghty boy said:

What I find interesting is there's only 26 retweets and 35 likes on that Twitter post announcing the competition (Retweeting was listed in the tweet as one of the requirements). Only 26 people entered? That's a pretty spectacular failure for a competition, especially for a major company like Asus with 450k Twitter followers. I've seen new streamers on twitch with 4 followers get more interest from a $5 steam gift card giveaway.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

20 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Possibly, but if you'd read the rules, you could have saved yourself some headache. 

16 hours ago, Spotty said:

I do agree that they should have at least replied to your email to inform you that you are not eligible to receive the prize, however if the rules of the contest stipulated that it was only available to North American entrants and you still participated despite not being eligible to participate then that's on you. I'm not sure what else you would have expected to happen.

What I find interesting is there's only 26 retweets and 35 likes on that Twitter post announcing the competition (Retweeting was listed in the tweet as one of the requirements). Only 26 people entered? That's a pretty spectacular failure for a competition, especially for a major company like Asus with 450k Twitter followers. I've seen new streamers on twitch with 4 followers get more interest from a $5 steam gift card giveaway.

UPDATE: Someone from ASUS in the comments reached out to him and it was due to a logistical error. It also turns out all of my emails went to his spam folder and he invited me to a zoom call where he apologized personally and thanked me for making the post. I am receiving the monitor and I ask that no one send any hate mail towards ASUS. Brian did tell me there was no need to update the post but I wanted to clarify for everyone that it was not corporate greed, it was an honest mistake.

4 minutes ago, M1ghty boy said:

That's good to hear. So does that mean the competition was available to international entrants?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

That's good to hear. So does that mean the competition was available to international entrants?

yep. He said it was available and he'll be shipping it ASAP, and after the apology and everything we both said our goodbyes and parted for the last time

46 minutes ago, Caroline said:

can you quote whatever it says? site's blocked on my network

it's "pcmaster race" anyway so I'm guessing it's something dumb written to bash ASUS just for the sake of it, bunch of angry 30+ yrs olds behaving like they're 9 on that site

TLDR: They entered a competition on Twitter, they received an email saying they won, then Asus ghosted them and they never got the prize.

Full post from Reddit:

Spoiler

This got removed from r/buildapc as it reached 1k. They can’t silence us, this topic is too important to be ignored and ASUS needs to be put in their place

Back in August, I was sent an email by Brian May (ASUS community manager) that informed me, much to my surprise, that I had won a nice portable monitor from ASUS as a part of their #StayHomeTechTips giveaway.

Excitedly I sent another email with my details, excited to receive this gift from the PC gods. I also sent another email asking if I was still eligible due to being a UK resident and got no reply. I sent another follow-up email to make sure they got it and still no reply. Along the course of the next month I sent around 5 emails still to no avail, before giving up.

That brings me to October, I want that damn monitor. And I decided to try another email address to no avail. I contacted support who told me to email the sales team and I drafted an email (never sent it) This was when they posted on twitter, saying something along the lines of “tell us your most scary gaming moment” and I decided to shoot my shot, replying with “when y’all ghosted me and never sent my prize after I won a giveaway”

I got a DM from them on twitter asking for my email address and assured me they would follow up within 2 business days. They didn’t follow up.

Getting desperate, a week after they were supposed to follow up I realized the giveaway email had another winner listed. I’m going to call them C for privacy reasons. I emailed C, asking if they managed to get a reply and if they got their prize. C hadn’t received their prize, however they did get a few replies from Brian before being ghosted, however the twitter page had told them to email a different address.

So this leads me today. Me, C, and probably a few others were given false hopes, being lead to believe they won a giveaway. Instead, we were pushed around an echo chamber of lies, being ghosted over and over, no end in sight.

Please, if anyone from ASUS is reading this, stick to your damn giveaways. And I would be more than happy to discuss this with you

If anyone else is reading this, I hope you’re having a damn fine day because this really is making me stressed.

TL;DR ASUS will ghost you to have a good public reputation without spending money

I will do my best to make sure eveyrone else also gets their prizes. I know there are others

21 hours ago, M1ghty boy said:

I ask that no one send any hate mail towards ASUS

Please update your title to reflect this aspect better. For example "Asus shady giveaway practise? UPDATE: They reached to me and got it right"

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv