$500 Build

Danicos

I want to build a family computer to use for work and watching videos so I tried making this PC as cheap as possible. I don't plan on it being used for gaming .I want to assemble it and then resell it for more than I paid to put it together. I'll most likely sell it for $100 more. I want the PC to be good enough for families to use but not too expensive. The area I live in people don't have the most money so I don't want to absolutely drain their pockets.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/z6nVYg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($65.00 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 CL15 Memory  ($36.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Thermaltake S100 Snow Edition MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($43.49 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart Series 430 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($42.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($108.78 @ Other World Computing) 
Total: $495.22
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-19 18:19 EDT-0400

3 minutes ago, Danicos said:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($108.78 @ Other World Computing) 

Don't pay that. Get a key from Kinguin

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

11 minutes ago, Danicos said:

I can only assume that any motherboard under $100 is complete and utter garbage. Its better to spend more money on a better motherboard.

4 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

I can only assume that any motherboard under $100 is complete and utter garbage. Its better to spend more money on a better motherboard.

ehh... the b450 d3sh is good enough for a 500$ build. Its like 80$ for it.

EDIT: its 70$

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Nothing big, but a new 2tb hdd, better psu (owner of a 600w smart, and OH MY GOD IT SUCKS), and a b450 motherboard. (still a budget mobo, but it has things like OC, which could be god for a budget system)

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

You are literally talking an extra $50-100 for the heart of the system. Put it on the credit card

and dump:

Get W10 for free by not activating it, giving you time to save money. Put that $110 plus a little bit of your $60 or $80 towards a better motherboard.

Cases can be had for cheap and even free. Computer stores and repair shops throw out cases on a regular basis, find a good one.

family computer to use for work and watching videos

Yeah well I am just saying you dont want to cheap out on a motherboard, depending on what your work is you may need a little better motherboard. Tomahawk MAX is the best value going and its only $110, well worth the extra $40 or $50 and its future proof

I want to assemble it and then resell it for more than I paid to put it together.

Why would anyone want to buy from you, if there is a problem they will be coming to you. I hope it works out for you, but its not really a career move to build pc's for a living. The smart consumer buys from known reputable sellers, like the Memoryexpresses of the world.

32 minutes ago, Danicos said:

I want to build a family computer to use for work and watching videos so I tried making this PC as cheap as possible. I don't plan on it being used for gaming .I want to assemble it and then resell it for more than I paid to put it together. I'll most likely sell it for $100 more. I want the PC to be good enough for families to use but not too expensive. The area I live in people don't have the most money so I don't want to absolutely drain their pockets.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/z6nVYg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 CL15 Memory  ($36.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart Series 430 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($42.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $495.22
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-19 18:19 EDT-0400

Do as others have told you for the build.

Also you are not going to sell a self built pc for more just because you built it especially a budget one. Building systems for a living requires a very steady stream of building, servicing and whatnot to even get there. Unless this system is specifically for someone that asked for a pc within 600$ and you build this for 500$ you are never going to get more money out of it than what you payed for it.

3 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

Why would anyone want to buy from you, if there is a problem they will be coming to you. I hope it works out for you, but its not really a career move to build pc's for a living. The smart consumer buys from known reputable sellers, like the Memoryexpresses of the world.

IME, many people (especially older) will go to amazon and look for a pc that costs x. then they get a pc that someone is selling on amazon at a near 100% profit rate (like selling a pc like this for 500$) 

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

The whole build it and sell it at a profit thing is more or less the prebuilt market.  Margins are kinda low there, and they buy their parts wholesale not retail.  That might be a concept you need to give up.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh