Heartbreaking message from Brett at UFD Tech

To help spread the news, posting here in case any of you might end up missing this.

Another devastating blow to UFD Tech surrounding circumstances ranging from national policies to the pandemic just a year after coming to the USA in the hopes of better care for Brett's son.
Sadly, Reece and Catlin will be heading back to South Africa very soon. Brett says they'll be working remotely. The format and future goals of the channel are yet to be figured out. 

Let's all show them the love they deserve and spread the word so we can all say goodbye to the UFD crew in style.
Their 'last' live stream (together, I presume. Hopefully not the last stream, period) will be Oct 30 on Twitch. Link in the video description.

I wish you guys all the best and a hopeful future!

The pandemic destroys everything it seems

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

On 10/18/2020 at 3:00 PM, Teddy07 said:

Never heard of them 🤷‍♂️

Linus actually just recently mentioned UFD in the WAN show.
I don't watch their videos either, but they are well known in the community. 

18 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Never heard of them 🤷‍♂️

they are also on floatplane 

time coded, their son is dying and had to come to US from Africa as the doctors just don't know how to cure his disease. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

It's very saddening. My heart goes out to them. 

This is really heartbreaking.... 

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

On 10/18/2020 at 3:06 PM, Senzelian said:

Linus actually just recently mentioned UFD in the WAN show.
I don't watch their videos either, but they are well known in the community. 

oh yeah current on going event

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

time coded, their son is dying and had to come to US from Africa as the doctors just don't know how to cure his disease

Is he now cured?

22 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Is he now cured?

Epilepsy can't be cured as yet. Some forms can be treated and sometimes it can decrease or just go away. Brett's son seems to have a rare form where most of the known treatments aren't really helping so far.

As he mentioned in the video, his son can have up to 100 seizures in just a day. =(

29 minutes ago, Kanna said:

oh yeah current on going event

I can't quite remember the exact details but there was a time not long ago where LTT was sponsoring ads for LTTStore.com on other channels (if I recall correctly) as a joke of sorts. UFD ran with it and did so quite hilariously.

I'm fairly certain that the domain registration and redirect had something to do with that bit of fun. Not much of anything nefarious. UFDStore.com was the domain that was brought up in the last WAN Show.

Again, my memory is a bit fuzzy on this one and I haven't searched it out but this is the gist of what I recall. Perhaps someone here with a better memory can confirm.

18 hours ago, Theorica said:

Epilepsy can't be cured as yet. Some forms can be treated and sometimes it can decrease or just go away. Brett's son seems to have a rare form where most of the known treatments aren't really helping so far.

As he mentioned in the video, his son can have up to 100 seizures in just a day. =(

That really sucks. I'm not familiar with the family/channel but I did/do suffer from a very very mild form of epilepsy that was treatable with a medication called dilantin (Phenytoin) I can't imagine having that level of epilepsy.

I'd like to hear the explanation to "doctors don't care about his disorder or care about him". Also not sure why a successful YouTube business needs over 100k on GoFundMe? Are they broke? I don't know.

Still, awful situation all around.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

6 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

I'd like to hear the explanation to "doctors don't care about his disorder or care about him"

Not sure where this quote came from.  Rohith_Kumar_Sp said something similar but it was "had to come to US from Africa as the doctors just don't know how to cure his disease" == quite different.

6 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

Also not sure why a successful YouTube business needs over 100k on GoFundMe? Are they broke? I don't know.

Since you asked--It isn't perfectly accurate by any means but a quick look on socialblade shows a possible current top income of a little less than 100k. Divvy that up between him and the two of his team along with operating costs, etc. That leaves very little to support a family. Let alone medical costs for a condition with an unknown treatment as yet. The channel is still in its early growth. So, last year would have been even less. All of this is easily found via search.

It all looks pretty fair to me. Medical care in the US can be brutally expensive at times from what I hear. I'm Canadian, so I'm no expert on what potential costs are down there.

Anyway, you asked. I answered as best I can. Cheers!

Oh damn

I recently subbed to UFD Tech and to be quite honest, I skimmed past that video because I'm much too used to videos called "It's Over" being clickbaity non-videos that are not worth my time. Honestly I would have watched if the title was different.

I'm kind of sad. I had just discovered the channel and the news they do are very well presented. Hope they keep on trucking from South Africa

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

i subbed to him since his crypto coverage days

was glad to see his channel grow, and he did try a lot of things

too bad it didnt work out in the end

i used to watch his hot news before techlinked became a thing

but it's become so clickbaity lately that i just stopped clicking any of his videos in a while.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

6 hours ago, Energycore said:

I skimmed past that video because I'm much too used to videos called "It's Over" being clickbaity non-videos that are not worth my time. Honestly I would have watched if the title was different.

Doesn't exactly help that they apparently titled a video "This is the End" just 2 weeks earlier.

I guess making a bunch of shitty clickbait works like crying wolf. If you always hype up every little thing as much as possible then people won't know when it is an actual important announcement being made.

No idea who Brett or what UFD Tech is but I wish everyone good luck. I have a lot of serious diseases running in the family so I know how horrible it is to constantly be at hospitals, the doctors not knowing what to do, wishing for some miracle treatment, etc. It's horrible and soul crushing.

I hope the kid will get good treatments in South Africa.