Identify the Switch! - $20 MK Gift Certificate or $10 Steam Digital Gift Card Giveaway

Eschew

Identify the Switch! - $20 MK Gift Certificate or $10 Steam Gift Card Giveaway

A MechanicalKeyboards.com Gift Certificate or a Steam Digital Gift Card!

Den_Keyboards_1.thumb.jpg.c4c2dcb31e36d10071cdcb5efbdf91eb.jpg

Den-Fi's GK64 and Numpad - Generously Gifted by Den-Fi 748522851337764904.gif?v=1

No, I am not giving away and I will never give away the Keyboard and Numpad. Not even after death.

I'm assuming there's nothing of monetary value I can give to Den that he would also want, so I'm showing my gratitude in other ways. Namely, give-a-ways, ayyy...

Receiving something without giving anything back makes me feel awfully restless, IDK.

To Enter

There are three sound samples below, recorded with Den-Fi's GK64 Keyboard and Numpad pictured above. Identify the mechanical switch that was used in each sound sample.

Sound Sample 1:

Sound Sample 2:

Sound Sample 3:

Template:

Entrants are not required to use the template, but please read the stipulations below.

Sound Sample 1: 
Sound Sample 2: 
Sound Sample 3: 

Useless Clues & FAQs:

• I believe the Keyboard uses a GK64S PCB, an aluminum mounting plate, and a wooden case.
  • I will not provide additional photos of the Keyboard and Numpad until after the giveaway has closed.
  • I will not record additional sound samples of the Keyboard and Numpad until after the giveaway has closed.
  • I will not answer any questions about the Numpad.
  • I will not answer whether a sound sample belongs to the Keyboard or the Numpad.

Giveaway Results

1. The giveaway will be closed to entries 36 hours after the start of this thread.
  2. The winning entrant will be selected and will be announced 30 minutes after the giveaway has closed, in a status update.
  3. The winning entrant will have 12 hours to PM me with their gift choice, along with their email for the MK Gift Certificate, or their Steam username for the Steam Digital Gift Card.
    • I will only attempt to send the gift once.
    • If the MK Gift Certificate is chosen, the winning entrant must provide me their email address for the gifting to work.
    • If the Steam Digital Gift Card is chosen, the winning entrant must allow me to add their Steam name to my friends list, and must wait 3 days after they have been added to my Steam friends list for the gifting to work. 
  4.  If the winning entrant does not fulfill the winning conditions, another entrant will be selected as the winner.

Winning Conditions:

1. The winning entrant must correctly identify the mechanical switch that was used in each of the three sound samples.
  2. If no entrant has correctly identified the switches for all three sound samples, the winning entrant will be one that has correctly identified the switch used in two of the three sound samples.
  3. If no entrant has correctly identified the switches for two of the three sound samples, the winning entrant will be one that has correctly identified the switch used in one of the sound samples.
  4. If no entrant has correctly identified the switches used in any of the sound samples, a random name picker will be used to select among all entrants with valid entries.
  • If more than one entrant fulfills the winning conditions, a random name picker will be used to select among the qualified entrants.

Stipulations

• Please do not argue about the "fairness" of the giveaway. Nowhere in this thread do I claim it is fair. If you don't like the conditions I've set forth, you're free to walk away from the giveaway.
  • Stipulations may be subject to change. If changes occur, I will make a post in this thread about it.
Spoiler
  • Entrants must have at least 1,000 Community Reputation to enter in the giveaway.
    • 🍑 members may enter in the giveaway regardless of their Community Reputation.
    • Badgering other forum members for rep will disqualify the entrant from the giveaway and blacklist the entrant from all future giveaways I host. Word of warning -- I will be heavy-handed and will disqualify and blacklist if I suspect foul play of any sort, regardless of whether I have decisive evidence or not.
    • Asking for 🍑 membership will disqualify the entrant from the giveaway. That request is not within my authority to answer.
    • While I know a good number of 🍑 members and can link them to their forum usernames, I don't have everyone down yet. Please keep an eye on 🍑 channel at the 12 hour and 24 hour mark, I may request confirmation for some 🍑 entrants.
  • Entrants may only enter one set of guesses in a single reply for that entry to be counted as valid.
    • "One set of guesses" means three switch identifications, one guess for each sound sample.
    • If more than one set of guesses have been included in a reply/replies to this thread, or if guesses are split into two or more replies, only the first reply will be counted in the giveaway.
    • To clarify, multiple replies to this thread are allowed. However, submitting more than one set of guesses will not count as more entries.
    • Entrants are free to collaborate or to mislead each other with the guessing game, if they feel like it. 
  • Entrants are not required to use the Template posted above to enter in the giveaway. However, if there is any ambiguity in an entrant's set of guesses, the entire entry will be counted as invalid.
    • Please indicate which switch identification corresponds with which sound sample for the guess to be counted as valid.
    • Please identify both the switch manufacturer/brand (e.g. Cherry MX) and switch color/flavor (e.g. Black) for the guess to be counted as valid.

Valid Examples:

Spoiler

Sound Sample 1: Cherry MX Black.
Sound Sample 2: Cherry MX Black.
Sound Sample 3: Cherry MX Black.

Invalid Examples:

Spoiler

Cherry MX Black, Cherry MX Black, Cherry MX Black.

Cherry MX Black.
Cherry MX Black.
Cherry MX Black.

Sound Sample 1: Cherry MX Black.
Sound Sample 2: Cherry MX.
Sound Sample 3: Black.
  • Entrants are free to edit their replies, but I will automatically enter entries as I come across them. Think, first come, first serve basis.
    • Meaning that, if I see Post A first, but later see that Post A has been edited to Post B, I will only count Post A as an entry.
    • If I miss Post A and see the edited Post B first, however, I will count Post B as an entry.
  • Badgering me about the giveaway will disqualify the entrant from the giveaway.
  • Badgering Den-Fi about the Keyboard and Numpad will disqualify the entrant from this giveaway. Word of warning -- I will be heavy-handed and will disqualify and blacklist if I suspect foul play of any sort, regardless of whether I have decisive evidence or not.
  • Petitions for repeals will not be entertained.
  • Questions about the giveaway will be allowed, within reason. If the question has already been answered elsewhere in the thread, the entrant will be disqualified from the giveaway.
    • If a question has been left unanswered for 12 hours, it is a question I am uninterested in answering. Badgering me for replies will disqualify the entrant from the giveaway.

I will not disclose whether entries are valid or invalid, or if any entrants have been disqualified or blacklisted. I urge entrants to meme carefully before posting their entries below.

Closing Comments

I will be upfront and will admit that some forum members have a slight advantage over others in the identification game. Den-Fi is also more than welcome to join the giveaway, if he should wish.

Have fun~ 😁

I'ma be watching for the 748522850020884500.gif?v=1, hehe.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

I came here for the #keebweeb asmr

mildly related:

🍑/🍑 or cute/🍑?

ty for host :)

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

I might have some inside information on this, so entering wouldn't really be fair.. 🍑

What I will say though is that the ones in the first sound sample sound yummy.

3 hours ago, Eschew said:

I'ma be watching for the 748522850020884500.gif?v=1, hehe.

766816580461920276.gif?v=1

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

7 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

I might have some inside information on this, so entering wouldn't really be fair.. 🍑

What I will say though is that the ones in the first sound sample sound yummy.

Dewiiit.

Get a chance to win if you enter, zero chances to win if you don't enter. 😁

In terms of fairness, AFAIK, only two people have inside info on the Numpad. Den is one of them.

Also, even if you know what switches the Keyboard uses, at this point in time, no one besides me knows with 100% certainty which sound sample uses which switch.

Dewiiit.

766816580461920276.gif?v=1766816580461920276.gif?v=1766816580461920276.gif?v=1

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

Sound Sample 1: Cherry MX Red
Sound Sample 2: Cherry MX Green
Sound Sample 3: Cherry MX White

(idk)

i'm not an expert...

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

Sample 1: Kailh BOX White

Sample 2: Kailh BOX Jade

Sample 3: Matias click (?)

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Since I am exetremely knowledgeable with keyboard switches, here's my totally not guessing entry.

Sample 1: Kailh Blue

Sample 2: Romer G Tactile

Sample 3: Cherry MX Red

EDIT: Also cheers for doing this giveaway! It's always nice to see community members do a nice thing

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

These are probably very wrong

1. Kalih blue

2. MX Brown

3. MX speed

Edit: I didnt read the op properly,  idk that it was all from one type of keyboard. My original no 1 guess was razer green but idk if you can get that for a non razer keyboard. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

🍑 Hehe. 

Sample 1: Kailh Box Jades.

Sample 2: Kailh white BOX.

Sample 3: Kailh PRO green.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Did I mention I'm a Repl.it employee lol

i like trains 🙂

As an 🍑 member, I promise I only saw a picture pass along for a sec., but had to leave for work and thus didn't see what switches were inside

I'm just guessing based on what I think they kind of sound like :) 

Sound Sample 1: NovelKeys Sherbet
Sound Sample 2: Kailh BOX Jades
Sound Sample 3: Cherry MX Blue? I dunno :s

Thanks for running these sorts of fun threads!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 hours ago, Eschew said:

Dewiiit.

Get a chance to win if you enter, zero chances to win if you don't enter. 😁

In terms of fairness, AFAIK, only two people have inside info on the Numpad. Den is one of them.

Also, even if you know what switches the Keyboard uses, at this point in time, no one besides me knows with 100% certainty which sound sample uses which switch.

Dewiiit.

766816580461920276.gif?v=1766816580461920276.gif?v=1766816580461920276.gif?v=1

Hmmm.. you made me an offer I can’t refuse.

1. Kailh BOX Whites

2. Kailh BOX Jades

3. ...MX Blues(?? I don’t know enough clickies:( )

‘Chew cute. Thanks ‘Chew.

748540863231295630.gif?v=1

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC