Series X vs. Xbox One - What's the Difference??

James

Buy Xbox Controllers on Amazon: https://geni.us/YkV8

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Linus + James play some backward compatible games on the Xbox One X and the Series X to see how the new console makes the games look better, run smoother, and load faster. Plus the new Quick Resume feature which is surprisingly cool!

4 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

What is the real cost of manufacturing one of those? Does anyone know? 

Above what they're selling them for.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

14 minutes ago, tishous said:

Above what they're selling them for.

But probably not a lot

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

16 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

What is the real cost of manufacturing one of those? Does anyone know? 

The people who actually know can't say.

One thing I'd note: be very skeptical of estimates. The classic example is the "this year's iPhone/Galaxy costs $300 to make!" hyperbole that makes it sound like Apple or Samsung is making 200 percent profit on every phone. Those estimates are not only believed to be inaccurate for what they cover, but exclude many of the costs that affect the final price.

That's likely to be particularly true for the Xbox Series X, since it's based around semi-custom chips and other bespoke components.

18 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

But probably not a lot

Why not? 

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

I just got a One S the other day.  Granted it was for an amazing deal on the Minecraft special edition.  But yeah, considering Microsoft plans to support the One for at least two more years.  That gives me two years to wait out while Microsoft (and Sony) do make redesigns and price drops.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

4 hours ago, Drama Lama said:

But probably not a lot

Probably a fair amount tbf, the GPU and CPU alone should cover the price plus everything else 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

does anyone know what brand and model those white couches were?

Thanks for the video, that really shows how much HDD storage has held everyone back. And I want to do a shout-out to Primocache too! I've been using it for two months now and it's so seamless like Linus says that I even forget that I'm using it most of the time. I'm using an old 120gb SanDisk Ultra II for it and whenever I play something co-op with friends they are often like: "Wait how can you be already done loading, do you have the game on a SSD?" and then I realize: "Oh... umm... kind of, right I'm using Primocache!" It's really such an automated in the background process and that makes it awesome.

The LTTstore.com divider around 5:24 is the best thing ever. xD

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

• 2 weeks later...

Can it play Crysis? :D Seriously, I would like to know what average fps is possible in 4k with the remastered Crysis on next gen XBOX.