How do I convince my parents to let me buy a gaming pc, I have the money they just wont let me

progamer21
Go to solution Solved by akio123008,
2 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

im going to use this till im 21

No. You're not.

18 minutes ago, ausham said:

Put the money in a high yield savings account

With current rates he's going to have yielded $20 after eight years.聽馃槀

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 -聽i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti聽

13 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Most high yield banks pay out mouthy and the rate changes all the time. He would likely make more then 20$ in 8 years. And that's not factoring adding money into the account.

He has $1650 right now, and lets say the average rate is 1% over 7 years and he puts 10$ in the saving account every mouth he'd have about 2.75k at 18. about 175$ of witch would be from the interest.

46 minutes ago, ausham said:

At 13 just get a PlayStation or something. Put the money in a high yield savings account to earn interest so that when your older and less likely to brake a costly PC your have more money to put towards it. I wish I did that at 13.

The thing is a ps4 is just for gaming, my strat is to make video games seem like a transparent kind of thing you cannot pull that off with a ps4

29 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

i have 720$ to spare btw

so not rly

4 hours ago, ausham said:

Most high yield banks pay out mouthy and the rate changes all the time. He would likely make more then 20$ in 8 years. And that's not factoring adding money into the account.

He has $1650 right now, and lets say the average rate is 1% over 7 years and he puts 10$ in the saving account every mouth he'd have about 2.75k at 18. about 175$ of witch would be from the interest.

Twas a joke, these days you're lucky to get 2%

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 -聽i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti聽

If all youre doing is 1080p gaming,聽

here's an all new build you can do,聽

it costs about 550聽dollars, should be able to run most games at medium-high settings at 1080p, and its future proof enough where all you need is a new nvida graphics card in the future and then bam you have a really good PC.聽

You can watch Linus videos to help you build.聽

Tell your parents your PC will help with school, and building it will be a good showing of being responsible and like hands on. Also tell them there are alot of jobs that will involve computers in the future and youll need to learn how to be comfortable with a PC.聽

Heres the list for the parts:聽

Speaking from experience, I highly suspect that you just have this money and wanted to get something new and shiny for that sweet sweet dopamine hit. If you want to spend that money to actually play games then that's fine, but an impulse buy for that much money is not a great idea, especially when you're a kid.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil聽RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite聽2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H |聽

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 |聽i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

If you didn't actually work for your money, then it's not your money, it's your parents money and therefore if they don't want you to buy something, you had better listen to them聽

We don't know your parents, so we can't really give advice.聽

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

Under 16 put it in savings

16-18 get something low key for schoolwork, save the rest

18+ go nuts, buy what you want

If this money was a gift then show the gift giver how responsible you are and put it into savings, your actions will be more valuable than the money itself, or can erode trust and make your life harder!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

If you don't have any other reasoning except you want a gaming PC, I believe it will be hard to convince them. Why don't you just try discuss this all with them and try to find some way that would be acceptable for all of you? Like use it for gaming for some limited time, rest- for learning.聽聽聽

18 hours ago, Dedayog said:

cuz what you watch and what they watch are different

Hent.....Uh I meant Anime ?

17 hours ago, progamer21 said:

dude im not going to college like in two years i cant say my age

Don't let anyone bully you or sway your decision, lad.

You earnt that money, saved, waited, so you are entitled to do what you want.

I know what some of the guys are saying, as we all remember what it was like being your age and literally having to have something...right now.

They are trying to guide you into making the right choice.

The others who are trying to insult you and are belittling you are just very sad, inadequate people...don't pay them any mind.

Anyway, you seem to have done some research at least, and you came here asking for advice, so that says something...to me at any rate.

Listen to Mum and Dad though...they only have your best interests at heart.

Good luck.聽