How do I convince my parents to let me buy a gaming pc, I have the money they just wont let me

progamer21
Go to solution Solved by akio123008,
2 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

im going to use this till im 21

No. You're not.

1 minute ago, Dedayog said:

I'm more concerned about:

Your listening and comprehension skills

Money management skills

Decision making skills

Etc.

Bottom line, you're young and have absolutely NO experience as a parent and dealing with children.  There may be reasoning your parents have they aren't telling you.  And as a parent myself, I truly feel a child needs to understand on some level what they're doing and you're not just giving in to impulse control issues.

Kids see, they want, then HAVE TO HAVE or the world ends. :)

ik that im not going to spend more than 1k and I have been saving for all my life and watching tech pc vids so ya

Ah the weekly "help me manipulate my parents into buying gaming rig" thread. Nice.

Just now, progamer21 said:

my budget is like 1k btw

I assume your "budget" is bascially everything you've earned in your entire life. Don't be that idiot to blow it all on a gaming rig. There's better things to spend all that money on.

ik that im not going to spend more than 1k and I have been saving for all my life and watching tech pc vids so ya

Best of luck to you.

See ya.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

and watching tech pc vids so ya

Put that to use then. You can build at a cheaper cost AND learn something in the process.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

im not going to spend all my money my parents if i buy it will pay for like 1/3 so ill have like 500$ left

Think about it this way im going to have this pc till im like 20 or more im going to put it to full use

3 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

Ah the weekly "help me manipulate my parents into buying gaming rig" thread. Nice.

I assume your "budget" is bascially everything you've earned in your entire life. Don't be that idiot to blow it all on a gaming rig. There's better things to spend all that money on.

Think about it this way im going to have this pc till im like 20 or more im going to put it to full use

3 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

I hope it lasts that long, of course it doesn't hurt to have a proper upgrade path.

easy to add a very powerful CPU in the future, easy to build, good at gaming or whatever you need, very compact (the size of a shoebox)

although you will need to decide on a keyboard, mouse, and monitor yourself. I highly recommend a used 1080p monitor to start. Make sure you have the right ports on the monitor so it can actually connect.

and then put the rest into your savings to prove that you're responsible with money ;) 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Think about it this way;

you think this PC is all you'll ever need. Problem is, it isn't. First of all, there's more to life than PCs. Secondly, the PC you get now is outdated in 5 years, and you're probably going to want to replace it after 2.

You will never be completely satisfied, so you may as well realise that now, instead of after buying your 5th computer.

Doesnt make sense to buy parts and build one rn because of additional prices online buying, it makes more sense for a pre built but I think taht makes lots of sense

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I hope it lasts that long, of course it doesn't hurt to have a proper upgrade path.

easy to add a very powerful CPU in the future, easy to build, good at gaming or whatever you need, very compact (the size of a shoebox)

although you will need to decide on a keyboard, mouse, and monitor yourself. I highly recommend a used 1080p monitor to start. Make sure you have the right ports on the monitor so it can actually connect.

and then put the rest into your savings to prove that you're responsible with money ;) 

wat r the benchmarks

Doesnt make sense to buy parts and build one rn because of additional prices online buying, it makes more sense for a pre built but I think taht makes lots of sense

No, a built computer is almost always cheaper than a prebuilt

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

2 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

wat r the benchmarks

I mean, the benchmarks for the 1650 super are what really matter here. but if you're comparing to a $1000 mac, chances are that doesn't even have a graphics card.

the Mac that this specific machine is competing against is a work PC, not a gaming PC. It has a super large, vibrant screen with great colors, some built in speakers, bluetooth, etc. this PC has more features that you want, cuts away ones you don't need, and is cheaper.

Although if you are making a work PC and not a gaming PC, I can make a different list.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Shreyas1 said:

No, a built computer is almost always cheaper than a prebuilt

I checked out the 900$ pc part vid and the total was 1.1k and the fps was lower

I checked out the 900$ pc part vid and the total was 1.1k and the fps was lower

small prebuilt PCs (for portability) are either super expensive or not very powerful.

Primary PC:

1568429708_Screenshot2020-10-08at11_38_37AM.thumb.png.6114db31554f281a42f2842b2f4a471a.pngI wanna play fortnite at 200fps and the prebuilt that I want has exactly that

1 minute ago, progamer21 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61a1568429708_Screenshot2020-10-08at11_38_37AM.thumb.png.6114db31554f281a42f2842b2f4a471a.pngI wanna play fortnite at 200fps and the prebuilt that I want has exactly that

But that prebuilt and monitor are way above your budget. You're not going to convince your parents if it costs that much.

If your budget is actually that high, you can also build a PC that is cheaper and performs the same/better.

(also don't get that chair, it will break in a year, trust me the same thing happened to my cheap amazon gaming chair)

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

35 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

i agree. it's a good choice if it will be used for mostly schoolwork and if they don't want you to game all day. which i'm assuming is the case here and i completely understand.

ur saying that cuz u have a mac, lol

1 minute ago, fffkylian said:

ya true im saying that I can control myself even with an insane setup ima get 1hr on friday saturaday and sunday as a max so im not going to start shooting ppl irl

2 minutes ago, fffkylian said:

no i'm saying it because it's true. if the parents don't want the kid to be gaming all day then a Mac is a good choice. unless you install Windows you won't be gaming on it.

She/Her

3 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

the truck u say to me u shirt im jk but rly

you did say you knew a ton about PCs, so you should probably know how to build one for cheap

Primary PC: