How do I convince my parents to let me buy a gaming pc, I have the money they just wont let me

progamer21
Go to solution Solved by akio123008,
2 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

im going to use this till im 21

No. You're not.

1 minute ago, Ashley xD said:

no i'm saying it because it's true. if the parents don't want the kid to be gaming all day then a Mac is a good choice. unless you install Windows you won't be gaming on it.

but the thing is im not going to do that I said if i play to much return it. I dont want that so ill make sure to not play on the weekdays and an 1hr on Friday Saturday and Sunday

I have 1k bc of birthday parties I got like 150$ in amzn money every year I won a zucchini car race for 300$ (dont ask lol) and i have earned a lot from chores over the years I invite like 15 of my friends btw and I combine my bday with my best friend so theres even more presents

Even with 7 years of bday parties alone I get 1050 with that alone+300$+chores(100$)+Allowance(200$) = grand total of 1650$ so ya thats how

1 minute ago, progamer21 said:

Even with 7 years of bday parties

Ok I'll tell you one more time (I have a feeling you're going to ignore my advice anyway)

Don't spend all of those seven birthdays worth of money on some gaming rig. You'll regret it.

18 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

But that prebuilt and monitor are way above your budget. You're not going to convince your parents if it costs that much.

If your budget is actually that high, you can also build a PC that is cheaper and performs the same/better.

(also don't get that chair, it will break in a year, trust me the same thing happened to my cheap amazon gaming chair)

Even with 7 years of bday parties alone I get 1050 with that alone+300$+chores(100$)+Allowance(200$) = grand total of 1650$ so ya thats how

how heavy r u  dude bc the reviews are rly good

Just now, akio123008 said:

Ok I'll tell you one more time (I have a feeling you're going to ignore my advice anyway)

Don't spend all of those seven birthdays worth of money on some gaming rig. You'll regret it.

im going to use this till im 21 and ill have 650$ extra to keep and if im lucky my parents will chip it maybe 1/3 the price so ill have 1k to spare

3 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

how heavy r u  dude bc the reviews are rly good

for $1650, you could get a way better pc than the one you added. The reviews may be good, but that doesn't mean you cannot do better

The chair is pure trash. I bought one that had good reviews too, and one year later it broke after being extremely flimsy. Youre better off getting a good office chair

Also, why don't you use this logic to convince your parents then?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

for $1650, you could get a way better pc than the one you added. The reviews may be good, but that doesn't mean you cannot do better

Also, why don't you use this logic to convince your parents then?

the thing is i dont need a 1600 gaming pc and i feel like thats to much to spend as a 12 yr old (in five days 13) I am trying to talk to them but they just get mad that I bring it up

show them these if they still want to buy macs 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Just now, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

show them these if they still want to buy macs 

note these are 5 yr old vids

anything lower will have problems in the long run atleast  (I think) note im going to have this pc till im 21

5 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

note these are 5 yr old vids

not all of them are, and the subject matter is still relevant 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

35 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

But that prebuilt and monitor are way above your budget. You're not going to convince your parents if it costs that much.

If your budget is actually that high, you can also build a PC that is cheaper and performs the same/better.

(also don't get that chair, it will break in a year, trust me the same thing happened to my cheap amazon gaming chair)

Most of the bad reveiws are really heavy people and I am really light compared to them and probably you to (im like 89lb)

1 minute ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

not all of them are, and the subject matter is still relevant 

I have class in 20 mins can u summarize the vid its too long

2 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

Most of the bad reveiws are really heavy people and I am really light compared to them and probably you to

Chairs are based heavily on personal preference. It might work for you, but be warned that those chairs are made heavily out of cheap plastic and metal and generally lack good build quality and tend to degrade over time, at least in my case.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

3 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

I have class in 20 mins can u summarize the vid its too long

that video itself a summarization, just send them that video   

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

1 minute ago, Shreyas1 said:

Chairs are based heavily on personal preference. It might work for you, but be warned that those chairs are made heavily out of cheap plastic and metal and generally lack good build quality and tend to degrade over time, at least in my case.

ty thats good to know

Just now, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

that video itself a summarization, just send them that video   

their heads down in meetings

eight years is a long time in computer terms. (granted I have a computer that is older and still going.) I got my first computer when I was around your age, and by the time I was 15 I wanted a newer/better one, then again when I was 18, then again when I was 20, and again at 24, it was not until I got married and started a family that my priorities changed. I rocked the computer I built at 24 until I was 35. I am now rocking, an older used (newer than my old one) that I got cheap from my current job because we replaced a few hundred of them with new stuff) I'm 37 now. Your parents and most of us here, have something you don't. wisdom and experience. You are not comprehending the value of building it your self, the pre-built has at best a 30 day return period, and 1 year of warranty. building your self each part can have a warranty (generally 2-5 years) and will be cheaper to get the same or better power/performance. You don't need 200fps on Fortnite, you would need a 240Hz monitor to even utilize that fps (the Hz rating is how many times the screen redraws a frame every second, which fps is frames per second.)

You should listen to your parents, and the advice you have been given here. You will come out ahead in the long run.

3 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Are you talking about those gaming chairs? Yea most are absolute garbage. They're not designed to provide comfort long for sessions and improve posture, they're just designed to "look cool". 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, DavidKalinowski said:

eight years is a long time in computer terms. (granted I have a computer that is older and still going.) I got my first computer when I was around your age, and by the time I was 15 I wanted a newer/better one, then again when I was 18, then again when I was 20, and again at 24, it was not until I got married and started a family that my priorities changed. I rocked the computer I built at 24 until I was 35. I am now rocking, an older used (newer than my old one) that I got cheap from my current job because we replaced a few hundred of them with new stuff) I'm 37 now. Your parents and most of us here, have something you don't. wisdom and experience. You are not comprehending the value of building it your self, the pre-built has at best a 30 day return period, and 1 year of warranty. building your self each part can have a warranty (generally 2-5 years) and will be cheaper to get the same or better power/performance. You don't need 200fps on Fortnite, you would need a 240Hz monitor to even utilize that fps (the Hz rating is how many times the screen redraws a frame every second, which fps is frames per second.)

You should listen to your parents, and the advice you have been given here. You will come out ahead in the long run.

I found a cheap 300 $ 240 hz monitor that will work fine and trust me I am not going to want a better computer in the long run i will be grateful for the I might get bc I could never get a pc at all I am on a 2012 mac so u have no idea wat it would feel like to play 200fps. I played fortnite on mobile but it was just really unenjoyable so i quit I want to play fortnite on pc.

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 11.38.37 AM.png