Genshin Impact Minimum Requirements

MichelleA503

Konnichiwa ^^

I hope you're all doing great. I wanted to ask about your opinion regarding my laptop to run Genshin Impact, I've been playing the game on Mobile but my hands get sweaty and I don't enjoy it that much after a while. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad E470.

I tried UserBenchmark to give you all an idea and just pasted the text which said "forum":

UserBenchmarks: Game 7%, Desk 61%, Work 6%
CPU: Intel Core i5-7200U - 62.9%
GPU: Intel HD 620 (Mobile Kaby Lake) - 5.7%
HDD: Seagate ST500LM021-1KJ152 500GB - 60.8%
RAM: Kingston 9905663-030.A00G Hynix HMA81GS6AFR8N-UH 24GB - 63.5%
MBD: Lenovo 20H10039LM

This is the link after the benchmark

I tried it before and seemed to play nicely but it crashed without reason. Then I realized it had something to do with updates since other games which played fine before were not playable anymore. Now I fixed this and would like to reinstall Genshin Impact. Any advices to improve my system? I'm a highschool student and this was my brother's old laptop. I don't have any money (but could ask for an ssd for christmas). 

I would appreciate a lot some help. Me and Paimon would love to see each other trough the PC :(

Shouko Nishimiya Arigato GIF - ShoukoNishimiya Arigato Anime GIFs

The official minimum spec is a GT 1030. While you probably don't need a dGPU to run the game, it sounds like you're running out of VRAM, as the minimum spec for that is 2GB. Try allocating more memory to your iGPU.

Do you play on max settings? I actually tried the game yesterday for a few minutes and there are quite a lot of graphical settings. If the above guy is correct and you have VRAM issues you could easily fix it by lowering settings. There is even a resolution scale dropdown which lets you play at x0.5 which makes it pixelated but at least it would work better. Try lowering settings bit by bit and see if it still crashes.

Here is how you do what the above poster said though I've never done it myself

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/change-memory-allocated-graphics-card-58676.html

29 minutes ago, badreg said:

The official minimum spec is a GT 1030. While you probably don't need a dGPU to run the game, it sounds like you're running out of VRAM, as the minimum spec for that is 2GB. Try allocating more memory to your iGPU.

17 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Do you play on max settings? I actually tried the game yesterday for a few minutes and there are quite a lot of graphical settings. If the above guy is correct and you have VRAM issues you could easily fix it by lowering settings. There is even a resolution scale dropdown which lets you play at x0.5 which makes it pixelated but at least it would work better. Try lowering settings bit by bit and see if it still crashes.

Here is how you do what the above poster said though I've never done it myself

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/change-memory-allocated-graphics-card-58676.html

iGPU memory is allocated dynamically as needed depending on how much RAM is free, it's not like the old days where you had to have a fixed iGPU memory allocated, he has 24GB of RAM and that is plenty for what he needs to do, the crash is likely caused by something else

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

I doubt he has 24 GB RAM very much. If you google the laptop name it says 4 GB. Probs just entered it incorrectly.

I still recommend lowering settings and seeing if it stops crashing.

17 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

I doubt he has 24 GB RAM very much. If you google the laptop name it says 4 GB. Probs just entered it incorrectly.

I still recommend lowering settings and seeing if it stops crashing.

image.thumb.png.9d8c54b41931bcb7025a9b286241fe3d.png

It is indeed 24GB of RAM. I don't really know how integrated GPUs work but it should help, right?

I just tried the game and it crashed after a few minutes. Everything at its lowest (without any additional tweaks yet) nor on my laptop or in the game (only the regular menu graphic settings).

4 minutes ago, MichelleA503 said:

image.thumb.png.9d8c54b41931bcb7025a9b286241fe3d.png

It is indeed 24GB of RAM. I don't really know how integrated GPUs work but it should help, right?

I just tried the game and it crashed after a few minutes. Everything at its lowest (without any additional tweaks yet) nor on my laptop or in the game (only the regular menu graphic settings).

You can try what the guy said and move more RAM to your iGPU but you have to go into your BIOS which they explain here. Try 2 GB since that seems to be the minimum for this game.

https://appuals.com/how-to-increase-intel-graphics-dedicated-video-memory/

1 minute ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

You can try what the guy said and move more RAM to your iGPU but you have to go into your BIOS which they explain here. Try 2 GB since that seems to be the minimum for this game.

Thankyou ^^

I will try this and update on the topic soon.

5 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

I tried everything on those links and the VRAM doesn't seem to go up.

image.png.af956bcea5c60a4daa5da2216c00c044.png

It's stuck in 128 MB

Any idea of what might be happening?

is there no error message when it crashes?

also you could check event viewer what's causing the crash... any info could help finding out what's the issue.

yes it may be Vram but that doesn't really make too much sense either as the Intel gpu will just use system memory *by default* (outside those meager 128mb)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

not sure what the performance difference is between the integrated graphics on the 7th gen vs the 10th gen is but with 16gb of ram total i was able to run the game at max settings without any issues.  Not sure what the frame rate was but it didn't feel aweful.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump