Food & Cooking

whm1974

You really just use this forum as your personal blog, don't you?

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

8 minutes ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

You really just use this forum as your personal blog, don't you?

How do I use this this forum as my personal blog, exactly??? If I'm able I do help other posters from time time.

31 minutes ago, iKingRPG said:

Agreed. In the US its hard to find anything without added sugars.

I am a Type II Diabetic. As long as I can control my Blood Sugar I can have some Sugars.

@whm1974 I have merged 43 threads relating to food and cooking you have posted in to one thread, many were asking the same or very similar questions as ones you had posted previously. If you do want to discuss any food or cooking related topics then use this thread to continue the discussion. This is a computer forum, not a cooking forum. You may be better off finding a cooking related forum to continue these discussions.

The Off-Topic section IS for productive threads that may not fall into one of the already laid out sections of the forum. At all times though, this is a tech centered and focused forum.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

@whm1974 I have merged 43 threads relating to food and cooking you have posted in to one thread, many were asking the same or very similar questions as ones you had posted previously. If you do want to discuss any food or cooking related topics then use this thread to continue the discussion. This is a computer forum, not a cooking forum. You may be better off finding a cooking related forum to continue these discussions.

Sorry about that. I forgotten I had this Thread already. I am forgetful more often  for some reason.

@spotty would this be a good idea to Pin this Topic to make it easier to find and keep all food Topics in one place for everyone? You know to make this orderly and not scattered all over the place?

3 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

@spotty would this be a good idea to Pin this Topic to make it easier to find and keep all food Topics in one place for everyone? You know to make this orderly and not scattered all over the place?

So when they quoted and even bolded the text 'At all times though, this is a tech centered and focused forum.' that just went right over your head, didn't it?

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

9 minutes ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

So when they quoted and even bolded the text 'At all times though, this is a tech centered and focused forum.' that just went right over your head, didn't it?

Cooking is a type of Tech... The science of Fossils? There all kinds of Tech and Protocols involved in that all well.

42 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Cooking is a type of Tech... The science of Fossils? There all kinds of Tech and Protocols involved in that all well.

Would you take a cooking class and then expect the teacher to tell you whether you should buy an RTX 3090 or RX 6900XT?

1 hour ago, whm1974 said:

would this be a good idea to Pin this Topic

No. You can bookmark it in your browser if that will help you find it more easily.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

29 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Would you take a cooking class and then expect the teacher to tell you whether you should buy an RTX 3090 or RX 6900XT?

No. You can bookmark it in your browser if that will help you find it more easily.

I was thinking of Other Posters. Just thought the Pinning will useful to this Forum that is all.

Well no, however most Gamers are not to going to buy the RTX 3090 nor RX 6900XT in normal times anyway.

2 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Cooking is a type of Tech

No, kind of tech can be used for cooking. Cooking is skill. Though unless your oven has phone-a-home function, its not tech in terms of this forum. It was tech in the 30s.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

No, kind of tech can be used for cooking. Cooking is skill. Though unless your oven has phone-a-home function, its not tech in terms of this forum. It was tech in the 30s.

Cooking Methods then? Cookware? What about Flint Knapping? etc....

5 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Okay, I'm gonna explain this to you politely and I could be much worse about it but some mod would be up my butt about it.

Your posts on this forum largely are the kinds of things that would be more suitable to a personal social media account rather than this forum.  You basically skirt the line very tightly, and you reached a threshold where not only did moderators collect up all your random food related probably more suited to a personal blog posts into one thread to remove clutter, after a user pointed that you were even now producing duplicate threads even.  The mods then politely 'suggested' to you, in a way that actually meant 'Please just knock it off.' and your response is to argue back 'Well teeeeechnically...' with the mods and this is an unwise course of action.  Your better course of action is to make less threads about how you butter your toast and more threads relating to computers.

That said, you're not going to do this and your reply to me will be some nonsense explaining why you won't just take that content to a subreddit or forum about food.  That's why, no matter what you reply to me, I will not post in this thread again.  I'm just trying to help you understand here but you are surely going to let it go right over your head.

7 hours ago, whm1974 said:

You are arguing against yourself now.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 months later...

I got some Guacamole dip f at a Vendor Fair in a small Civic Park. It has Tomatillo  and Pineapple added to the dip. I like and may buy another container next month. If I don't make this myself. I watched  this YouTube video about Tomatillos:

Ive seen one of his videos about avocados and he made Tuna Salad with one. In fact I did add some of that dip to the Tuna Salad made yesterday... I did freeze most of that Guacamole.

Taste just fine to me. Next time I go to Walmart I'll buy some Avocados  to add to my Tuna. Now Tomatillos I would slice and fry them like fried green Tomatoes... Bread them in Yellow Cornmeal.

How You prepare these fruits?

Did I created this Topic properly? Feel like I didn't. Any other Dishes I can prepare Avocados and Tomatillos for? I'm sure I can think of something.

• 1 month later...

So I Purchased Avocado Oil yesterday at Ruler Foods, and tried it for dipping bread in. Not Strong tasting like Olive oil is. Nor did this trigger my Acid Reflex.

This is Pure, but neutral in taste. Perhaps use for bean salad, which never made before. I heard it is great for meat and fish. What do my fellow posters use this on/for.

48 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

High heat cooking, mostly. 

Soft Tortillas for tacos? Have enjoyed refried black beans w/ cheese and cheese ones before. Avocado oil for heating the shells.

1 hour ago, whm1974 said:

Soft Tortillas for tacos? Have enjoyed refried black beans w/ cheese and cheese ones before. Avocado oil for heating the shells.

Sure. You'll find its popular for things like searing steaks or anything else where you're working with high heat. 

https://www.getwellseasoned.com/blogs/news/the-best-oils-for-high-heat-cooking

22 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

Don’t use avocado anything dude they’re extremely bad for the environment 

Care to explain? Clean it and reused for soap and Biodiesel... Never heard of Avocados being bad for the environment....