Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
13 hours ago, IPD said:

I mean, what's next.  People who won't eat rice because of the passing resemblance to larval maggots?

Only if the rice wiggles. Also there’s gakh.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 hours ago, Bitter said:

The golden raisins are my favorite.

Anyone had plantain chips?

Me.  Like banana chips but not sweet.  I kinda like em.  Crispy.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 minutes ago, Ytihsgamer said:

Gods of Egypt was a good movie.

But should I watch it?  This? https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gods_of_egypt

rotten tomatoes hated it, but I’ve seen movies I like get bad rotten tomato ratings

22 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

But should I watch it?  This? https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gods_of_egypt

rotten tomatoes hated it, but I’ve seen movies I like get bad rotten tomato ratings

Oh, if you're a sucker for Egyptian mythology like me then, yeah! It has the same vibe as the Clash of the Titans remake.

Google is the dumbass tech company when it comes to messaging and video calling apps. They can't get their own fucking shit right.

IMG_4992.jpeg

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Hate how big brands can get away with false claims or inaccurate claims and dangerous lack of information to "just trust us" with their blue light and marketing terms. Like with UVnano from LG, where they just point towards a spectrum between UV-B and UV-C (mostly UVC that kills and destroy). How they can sell items that in their own terms could harm someone, and not saying anything about the safety of the product or what kind of UV they sell. Maybe they sneak it in other places and in other information pages... but doesn't do what the standard labeling should for such products, if they are using some UV-C wavelengths? only pushing the stupid claim of "it kills 99.9% of bacteria"... and monetizing from the pandemic. Maybe its not UV-C at all or not as bad like some of the information, but it should at least be very obvious. from their claims of 265-285mm, to "skin/eyes are most sensitive to damage by UV at 265–275 nm, which is in the lower UV‑C band". while exposure and such can be different, its dangerous to be left unchecked.

On 9/13/2022 at 8:04 AM, Quackers101 said:

Hate how big brands can get away with false claims or inaccurate claims and dangerous lack of information to "just trust us" with their blue light and marketing terms. Like with UVnano from LG, where they just point towards a spectrum between UV-B and UV-C (mostly UVC that kills and destroy). How they can sell items that in their own terms could harm someone, and not saying anything about the safety of the product or what kind of UV they sell. Maybe they sneak it in other places and in other information pages... but doesn't do what the standard labeling should for such products, if they are using some UV-C wavelengths? only pushing the stupid claim of "it kills 99.9% of bacteria"... and monetizing from the pandemic. Maybe its not UV-C at all or not as bad like some of the information, but it should at least be very obvious. from their claims of 265-285mm, to "skin/eyes are most sensitive to damage by UV at 265–275 nm, which is in the lower UV‑C band". while exposure and such can be different, its dangerous to be left unchecked.

Big money means big lawyers.  Bigger than a beleaguered DOJ can muster often enough.  The EU equivalents are often better funded so there tend to be better enforced laws there.  Doesn’t help that upon getting a summons companies often delay hoping for a different administration that doesn’t care about the problem.  During the Clinton administration there were a lot of changes and settlements, but they didn’t happen till his second term.  The pattern seems to be introduce or do something abusive when the GOP has the executive, get caught when the DFL has the executive, then try to delay until the GOP has the executive again and it can be swept under the rug.

Edited by Bombastinator

38 minutes ago, Niksa said:

Very few people care about podcasts and I don’t know why music streaming services are pushing them so hard…

Maybe only just a few in a grand scheme of things… but it is no way an insignificant amount.

Podcasts are a popular medium that has been growing throughout the years (if we don’t take into account that they are basically on-demand radio shows). Many of youtube (or other platforms) shows you might be watching can be considered (or are) podcasts.

Music streaming, I assume you are talking about Spotify, need it because:

- market demographics to lure on their platform

- new business to profit on

- people are listening to podcast for entertainment too, so if they don’t listen to music on their platform, then they listen to podcasts

3 hours ago, rikitikitavi said:

snip

I would definitely not say that more and more people are listening to podcasts not because they really want to, but mostly because they are pushed into into peoples throats. 
Spotify started that trend, others are following. In the music streaming service I am using I am getting more and more podcast recommendations, but unfortunately there is no “I don’t give a flying f**k” button. 

Let’s be honest, even to produce shittiest pop song, some talent is required and there are multiple people in that process. To produce shittiest quality podcast, you don’t need anything except smartphone. Speaking from the ROI point podcasts cost peanuts to produce and can bring huge profit for the streaming services. Just to be clear, quality podcast hosts are talented in their own way, however production is much easier and cheaper for podcasts than for the music. 

46 minutes ago, Niksa said:

I would definitely not say that more and more people are listening to podcasts not because they really want to, but mostly because they are pushed into into peoples throats. 

Would you say that movie/show trailers are also pushed into people throats - cause I get a lot of ads like that.

You get more of that simply because your service has expanded its product line.

The moment Colbert/Kimmel/whoever show becomes not as heavily reliant on visual aspect - they become radio shows. They are already on-demand, so wirecutters have access to them. Radio shows also become less reliant on the live aspect and you can get them on-demand (SiriusXM's Howard Stern for example). I'm just saying don't get confused by the terms. People like talk shows, always did (there are also audio-only fiction, documentaries).

Spotify started that trend, others are following. In the music streaming service I am using I am getting more and more podcast recommendations, but unfortunately there is no “I don’t give a flying f**k” button. 

Podcasts were initially a part of iTunes. The term was coined by Apple. Before 'Podcasts' - it was just Internet Radio (shows).

Let’s be honest, even to produce shittiest pop song, some talent is required and there are multiple people in that process. To produce shittiest quality podcast, you don’t need anything except smartphone. Speaking from the ROI point podcasts cost peanuts to produce and can bring huge profit for the streaming services. Just to be clear, quality podcast hosts are talented in their own way, however production is much easier and cheaper for podcasts than for the music. 

Sure it is easier for Bob-the-neighbour to upload his voice recorded rant and call it a podcast. However, the definition of 'some talent' might also mean another unvetted 'creator' on SoundCloud who calls 'anything' music... I mean CloudRap is a thing...

I don't know what it takes to share a podcast on Spotify. I don't know what it takes to share music on Spotify either.

2 hours ago, Niksa said:

Sounds like how Reality TV has become a thing.  Nobody really wants Reality TV, imho.  It's just force fed to all of us.

• 2 weeks later...

Instagram is useless tool for marketing unless you are targeting specific groups of people who are prone to use it. This also goes for any social network that requires you to have an account in order to check out the contents. 
Eg. I want to check some local beer store which only has Instagram account as the website, however without account I can’t do jack sh*t. I know that there are sites which allow to check Instagram without account, but that’s not the point. 

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

The Star Wars prequels aren't bad.

Are they good? No, but they aren't bad.

*wanted to own a ‘Han shot first’ t-shirt when they came out*

2 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

The Star Wars prequels aren't bad.

Are they good? No, but they aren't bad.

Negative.  They are terrible.  They just don't look quite as terrible when you see 7-9.  Like how a 4/10 movie looks good by comparison to a 2/10 movie.  Or how a 6.5/10 chick will take 4/10 friends to the bar with her--so she looks hotter by comparison.

Or how stepping is dogshit is preferable to eating dogshit.

On 9/18/2022 at 3:25 AM, Niksa said:

The flying fuck button was removed due to overuse by the dev team.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Freddy's custard > Culver's custard. 

Interesting.  Care to elaborate?  Granted, I like both.  Culvers is > Chik-Fil-A and Freddies is ~= to what Steak-N-Shake used to be (old menu) and Freddies's is now clearly > Steak-N-Shake.

3 hours ago, IPD said:

Interesting.  Care to elaborate?  Granted, I like both.  Culvers is > Chik-Fil-A and Freddies is ~= to what Steak-N-Shake used to be (old menu) and Freddies's is now clearly > Steak-N-Shake.

Freddy's chocolate is much much richer and their custard is much much creamier, all around better to me but probably too rich for some people.

Fair.

On a related note, Ube is the perfect Ice Cream flavor.  There are types of people who disagree; those who have never had it, and those who are wrong.