like and dislike

TheCoverUp
Go to solution Solved by SansVarnic,

Simply a dislike would go directly against the reason this forum exists.

This forum encourages Discussion and Debate by presents arguments from different point of views and allows for complex, comprehensive and contributive interaction.

I think there should be a dislike button on the fourm so that we can express better.

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

6 minutes ago, warmongerp said:

God no, this isn't reddit.

hey! atleast it will prevent bad advice! and I mean in the yt way not reddit.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

2 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

doesn't feel suitable on this forum, i feel it will be abused alot

now that I think of it actually it might be overused simply ...  but we will need  a similar system...

2 minutes ago, TheCoverUp said:

now that I think of it actually it might be overused simply ...  but we will need  a similar system...

The better system is posting an explanation about why you think something is incorrect?

You didn't read the sticky. Third item in the list.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

no, i dont wanna see people dislike me /jk i know everyone hates me :( 

it would be better to reply as to why you dislike/disagree it than simply disliking something

imagine this thread getting all the dislikes, but you dont know why people don't like the idea, it's not helpful

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

If you really dislike a post, you can report it to the mods.

Otherwise you have two options:

1. Ignore the post
  2. Confront the person who posted it in a civil and friendly manor

14 minutes ago, TheCoverUp said:

hey! atleast it will prevent bad advice! and I mean in the yt way not reddit.

No, you counter bad advice by explaining why it's bad. Tossing a thumbs down on a post doesn't explain to anyone why that advice is bad, they'll still be as clueless as they were before, ie. a thumbs down is entirely useless and non-informative.

Use words, not emoticons.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Use words, not emoticons

I disagree.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

I disagree.

65850526_dumbanddumberiseewhatyoudidthere.gif.26302923d4591ac8b3631cb3e8a9bc8e.gif

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

• Dislike/disagree button
    If you disagree with a post, you should quote it and explain why you feel the post is incorrect, so that people can see both sides of the argument, and make their own decision, rather than simply seeing that someone doesn't think the post is correct without any context.

Thread locked.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Simply a dislike would go directly against the reason this forum exists.

This forum encourages Discussion and Debate by presents arguments from different point of views and allows for complex, comprehensive and contributive interaction.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

5 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

If you really dislike a post, you can report it to the mods.

Please don't. We don't moderate on personal opinions, validity of opinion or information, or anything like that. We only moderate on ways the information and opinions are presented. A opinion presented as fact is walking on the line, so if you see that, its worth of taking a closer look.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv