Samsung and SK Hynix to permanently stop shipments of NAND and DRAM chips to Huawei

It is reported that on September 15th, both Samsung and SK Hynix will stop any shipments to Huawei, where Samsung already stopped efforts for creating any new shipments. SK Hynix is said to continue shipping DRAM and NAND Flash products until September 14th, a day before the new sanctions are applied. Until the 14th, Huawei will receive some additional chips from SK Hynix. And it is exactly SK Hynix who is said to be a big loser here. It is estimated that 41.2% of SK Hynix's H1 2020 revenue came from China, most of which was memory purchased for Huawei phones and tablets. If the company loses Huawei as a customer, it would mean that the revenue numbers will be notably lower.

Source

Huawei cannot get a break can they? Despite a lot of this being highly politically charged, the fact that South Korean companies are also looking to impose sactions on behalf of the US government shows more is going on. There is a lot of pressure with the US backing things though as to the grand scheme of things, how much this will affect more than just Huawei or even the greater consumer base will be something to watch out for. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

so huawai only way of getting nand is from kingston

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

4 hours ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Source

Huawei cannot get a break can they? Despite a lot of this being highly politically charged, the fact that South Korean companies are also looking to impose sactions on behalf of the US government shows more is going on. There is a lot of pressure with the US backing things though as to the grand scheme of things, how much this will affect more than just Huawei or even the greater consumer base will be something to watch out for. 

No South Korean companies aren't looking to impose sanctions. This is just a side effect of the sanctions allready in place by the US. SK Hynix, Samsung, LG, TSMC, e.t.c. all get some hardware, software or IP from US based companies. Under the sanctions the US has imposed supplying Hauwei with anything if you use US Hardware, Software, or IP will result in you being hit with the same sanctions.

3 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Oh oops. Sorry about that. Thank you!

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

20 hours ago, willies leg said:

they were made of Chineseum, which is apparently a lot softer than wood.

😂🤣💀

"Chineseum" I'm so going to be using that line.

20 hours ago, thechinchinsong said:

Nah, I don't think any government body would blink twice about human rights in China if the PRC actually followed copyright/trade/security laws that the US/the rest of the world wanted them to. Do you believe that these sanctions on companies like Huawei and TikTok (ByteDance) would've went through if the only problems with China were the human rights ones? I would love to hope so, but history has shown that people don't get involved unless it affects their bottom line. Ultimately, these issues are intrinsically linked though, so I hope that in "if you stop doing x, then we'll back off your companies" will include not just trade/security, but also the human rights problems.

There are already other countries that, on their own accord, are pressuring China about human rights violations. So no, you are completely incorrect.

I never said those are the only problems.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Bit too late now that you have local fabs that can make their own controllers, NAND and memory.

Inefficient? Maybe, but like that has really stopped anyone.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

8 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Bit too late now that you have local fabs that can make their own controllers, NAND and memory.

Inefficient? Maybe, but like that has really stopped anyone.

Sure but when they've culturally defined themselves by how cheaply / scammy / crappy they can be over any semblance of quality, not even the locals want the home grown stuff.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

6 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Sure but when they've culturally defined themselves by how cheaply / scammy / crappy they can be over any semblance of quality, not even the locals want the home grown stuff.

Kind of. Maybe they will actually price their P and Mate series in the future down.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

15 hours ago, dizmo said:

There are already other countries that, on their own accord, are pressuring China about human rights violations. So no, you are completely incorrect.

I never said those are the only problems.

Can you give me some examples? I'm sure there are some Scandinavian or small countries out there that do stuff like protest/close their embassies or restrict trade/travel, but unfortunately, most of those countries don't actually have the economic and/or political clout to really pressure China too much. My comment did not imply that the only problem with China is human rights. What my question of "Do you believe that these sanctions on companies like Huawei and TikTok (ByteDance) would've went through if the only problems with China were the human rights ones?" was trying to imply was that the singular issue of human rights violations is only brought up do to how they are linked to the other problems the world has with China (trade law, copyright, security, etc.). IF human rights violations was the only thing China is doing wrong, I don't believe many people or even countries would care to the same degree they are currently (although CLEARLY that is not the only problem Mainland China has).

It's like a bundle deal where if you buy X you get Y. Most people only care about X, but since X is bundled with Y, people now pay attention to it. In this case people can refer to actual people or governments. X is trade law/copyright/security (political-economic) problems while Y is human rights (ethical/moral) problems.