I can't believe how much I paid for this...

NickHeavy

We check out the display that took the 2008 tech world by storm. The Ostendo CRVD 43 was the worlds first curved AND ultra-wide monitor. It’s THICC and awesome and we get to unbox one. Who knew Linus running his mouth would get him a piece of history…… for $6000. 

Buy Logitech G305
On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/SuxVC
On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/SMPGD

Buy Logitech G815
On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/0vt2QuM
On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/y1HMfz

not watching it yet but am excited and its not up yet yay early stuff

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

It’s finally here

16 minutes ago, NickHeavy said:

for $6000. 

Oh that’s cheaper than the 10.000$ Linus said he would pay ( in the WAN show )

Edited by Drama Lama

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Sony FD-Trinitrons use multiple guns together to make their HD models.

Oh look another...

...aaand it is US only.

Fuck that...

If those screens were massively cheaper, they might make for a good front desk decoration as long as no customer looks at the screen.

like i commented on youtube - being based on DLP-projectors, you really should have made shots and impressions with your LIGHTS TURNED OFF. Please don't disassemble and ruin it (or drop it) before that, thank you. 😬

VS LCDs of 2008 this thing wrecked face, VS CRTs still in people hands at the time, not so much.

LCD's of the time truly were terrible, as bad as they still are today back then they were craptasticly bad.

While ofc its size beat CRT, everything else about it didnt.

As Linus rightly said, it was disappointing that it wasnt CRT, because it really would have been a monster even to this day, alas the push away from CRT ruined many things.

Think about it, in 2008 u could get your hands on multiple Sony GDM-FW900, for less than the cost of this thing, while it was 'only' a 16:10 24" display, its capabilities was and still is legendary.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

If only it had more vertical resolution, then it would honestly still have fairly decent resolution even for a modern monitor.
But as it stands, it might be wide, but only 900 pixels tall?! 1080 by 1920 might be a fair bit less wide, but I still take that any day of the week in comparison. (And one can always just have 2, or 3 monitors. or four...)

I'd be curious to see what this monitor looks like in a darkened room. I think a lot of the bad contrast was caused by the bright studio lights interacting with the projection housing.

I was one of those guys holding out for SED technology in 2010 after Kodak bought them from Toshiba or something. That monitor would break my desk in half. DLPs were like that never really that great.

Um, the Toshiba Qosmio X305 laptops came with a full size Display port - a machine from 2008. Not sure why you're saying DP "didn't exist" when it most certainly did.

This has nothing to do with anything in the video, but I started playing it before I got my headphones on, so I pressed the left arrow key, which rewinds the video 5 seconds.

Linus was in the middle of saying "This..."

And if you press the left arrow key repeatedly, it makes for a pretty good sample track for a EDM tune.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 hours ago, Luscious said:

Um, the Toshiba Qosmio X305 laptops came with a full size Display port - a machine from 2008. Not sure why you're saying DP "didn't exist" when it most certainly did.

People insist my KD-34XBR960 must be an LCD because it has an HDMI port.

A fine video, but honestly Linus wrestling with the Micro Center ad copy was the best part. 😆

1584497586_getandreceive.thumb.png.a69fc2ad3cc803138a8577f6f0f6d064.png

289267858_builderconfigurator.thumb.png.ad1431ae6e23e9ac6bf21ca403cd2094.png

For DLP, the rainbow effect can be minimized by running the virtual colorwheel (when using LED, you do not need a physical color wheel), you can cycle the colors at a massively higher rate.

Often manufacturers will try to strike a balance between duty cycle, and minimizing or preventing rainbow effect by getting it to a rate where the effect will not be visible during a specific type of eye movement known as a saccade is taking place.

A higher cycling rate does use more power though, but some companies managed to get the fast rate and relatively low power usage, e.g., if you look at the ZTE SPRO 2 smart projector (basically a mini android tablet with a 720p projector in it), though brightness is 200 lumens, it will also not have the rainbow effect.