Are you sitting TOO close? (SPONSORED)

JonoT

Pretty cool sponsored video, also shout out to Linus for mentioning things that were better about other TVs than this one, even though it is sponsored.

27 minutes ago, CircleTech said:

be became the monitor

Monitor Steve doesn't approve of Copycat Linus

187240972_MonitorSteve.jpg.62f9b7597f963dfac83a853a986df81f.jpg

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I wish there was a graph at the end of everyone trying the distances out to show where everyone tends to prefer to sit. Otherwise, good video 👍

113" and 2-3m from the screen.. so you dont need to move your head to see the screen and it feel like a big window..

l_432760211[1].jpg

Linus at the start was pritty much spot on to what I recommend to people.

For Gaming, and certainly PC use, aim for 1x to, a maximum of, 1.5x the diagonal size of the display. (for 4k u can sit closer to the 1x mark, for 1080p the 1.5x mark due to PPi and image scaling)

For an 86" screen thats 8 to 11 feet.

For movie usage, u should sit further back as u dont need to be so close to see fine detail (such as text in games). 1.5 to 2x is what i recommend.

For an 86" screen thats 11 to 14.3 feet.

And Linus naturally felt 8 feet was fine for gaming and 11 feet was as close as he felt comfortable for movies, so right in the zone.

As for the TV itself, yea its been reviewed, its not the best , but its IPS ..so its expected. Good for a brighter room setup, especially one where ull have many people sitting around it at of angles, but for a darker room for more direct viewing, IPS is a no go so you wouldnt get a LG LCD, u'd either get a LG OLED or a Samsung LCD.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Too close? When your eyeballs are touching the monitor, then you are (probably) too close

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

That moment when Linus realized he's the CEO of a successful business.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Me, sitting 5 meters away from my 32 inch tv. No

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

I watched this video then moved my chair from 11 feet to 8 feet from my 55" TV and it does look better to me now.

🙂

🤮🤬 use the Metric System only!

I am just 1m away from my 63cm Display.

From AT. :x

Many many years ago my ex decided to go TV shopping. She had one of those ancient 12 inch CRT travel TV's with the built-in VHS sitting maybe 8-10 feet across from her sofa. This was right before flat screen plasmas were the rage and stores were dumping their CRT stock. One day her roommate came home with one of those small fold up travel binoculars that old people use. He threw it over to me and said "Try these bro". Watching the small TV through the binoculars I said "Wow this is like 64 inch wide screen"

So just like VR you can strap binoculars to your head and get big screen enjoyment from your laptop sitting across the room LOL

On 8/29/2020 at 11:50 AM, Required said:

🤮🤬 use the Metric System only!

I am just 1m away from my 63cm Display.

I am sitting 7.5 hands away from my 6 hands monitor.

On 8/30/2020 at 5:19 AM, Luscious said:

Many many years ago my ex decided to go TV shopping. She had one of those ancient 12 inch CRT travel TV's with the built-in VHS sitting maybe 8-10 feet across from her sofa. This was right before flat screen plasmas were the rage and stores were dumping their CRT stock. One day her roommate came home with one of those small fold up travel binoculars that old people use. He threw it over to me and said "Try these bro". Watching the small TV through the binoculars I said "Wow this is like 64 inch wide screen"

So just like VR you can strap binoculars to your head and get big screen enjoyment from your laptop sitting across the room LOL

I had a friend in HS. His dad had lots of money. He invited me over to his house, since his parents weren't in town, and told me to bring my gaming controllers.

I arrive, he opens the door, and there's a life size Mario over his shoulder... His dad had just purchased a 72" plasma TV, and my friend had his Game Cube hooked up to it... I think we sat around a foot away from that sucker while we played games.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022